Become a Patron!

Organic cotton break in period

I was just wondering what the break in period is for 100% organic cotton. I just wicked my Aromamizer primed it and waited like 10 minutes before vaping it. The very first hit tasted burnt. I know it isn't a issue with the juice ports being obstructed because when I wicked it I made sure I could clearly see them. If anything I should be flooding it. The only thing I can figure is the wick still needs time to break in or maybe my wattage is to high. Any information on this issue would be greatly appreciated. I am new to vaping so it is most like human error.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It could be the new "cotton" your tasting...usually goes away after a few good hits..however I prime my cotton then pulse the switch a few times while blowing on the build to get rid of that new cotton taste in my RDA's..don't know if you could do that with your Aromamizer...wish I could've helped more

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I can honestly say I've never experienced that--unless I used too much power. Every time I re-build/-wick I start the power lower than where I believe it should be and work up from there. A couple of times I've pushed too hard and got a burned vape. Backed off the power and all was well. This has been the same with pre-built atomizers, RTAs, RDAs, sub-ohm & supra, organic cotton or Native Wicks.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure that was the case. I dropped my wattage down a little and now the taste is starting to dissipate. Thank you for the input.

VU Sponsors