Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
hello
i own a magma rda and love the thing...
it just leaks a wee bit, (1) from the condensation on the top cap, (2) overfilling and tipping device toward me
i live with it, the flavor is magnificent (never going back to tanks)...

that being said, i watched a few videos on the origen...
one thing i noticed, was, the reviewers stuffed/placed extra cotton in the wells along with the wick tails...

does the additional cotton in the wells adversely affect the flavor?
does the additional cotton in the wells help, even a wee bit, with leaking/seepage?

i own an origen V1, veritas and magma, i dont use cotton, i use readyxwick and only place the wick tails into the wells/reservoirs...

i have stellar builds that are wicking/working excellent in the drippers and was just curious about the added/extra wicking material in the wells... not even close to needing a rebuild yet...should i buy some cotton, sterile/organic, and try it ... or is it a gimmick and not worth the added material?
lastly, do you use the added wicking material yourselves?

thanks in advance

tnumbers

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Added wicking material will absorb more juice. It also doesnt seem to effect vapor or flavor that much if at all for me. I say grab a bag of cotton (its not expensive) and give it a shot for yourself. Also, try to add just enough juice so that the wicking is saturated, but not sitting in a pool of juice.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I like to use as much wicking material as I can (I use rayon) in order to extend the time between drips. Magma is good for me in this regard, as the extra deep juice wells give me plenty of space to fill with wick...

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I like to use as little cotton as possible, especially in the magma which has a huge well.
In my opinion the cotton is there to transfer e-liquid not to store it.
It does however makes some sense when the well is very shallow and you want to drip a bit more.
My magma doesn't leak at all (unlike some of my other RDAs) but i am not a chain vaper.

Hermit

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I go with as little as possible too - in a Magma that's still quite a lot, to reach down to the bottom of the well four times over!

I guess using more would make it more portable, since juice wouldn't spill out (as much?) in your pocket etc, but then that cotton still holds quite a bit of juice even when the vape is half-dry. Seepage from the condensation would be about the same, at a guess. Probably it would be better to think about stuffing the well with some other material that doesn't wick as well (polypad?),, which might let the wick proper draw more out of it. (Just ideas, haven't tried anything like that yet).

VU Sponsors