Become a Patron!

Origen Genesis V2 (Mk II) - Building tips?

lucifah

Shinyitis Victim
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
As the title says, I'm struggling to get the kind of flavour everybody raves about when it comes to this particular RTA. Right now, my builds taste okay, even though with a little hint of cotton. But the sorts of Innokin Ares, Digiflavor Siren 2, Doggystyle, Skyline (clone) and Merlin MTL taste better. (I've got at least one of each of these to compare)

For a fair comparison, I've rebuilt all of those tanks with 28ga KA1, 1 Ohm. Same juice in all. As for the Genesis, I've used both single coil (1 Ohm) and dual coil (0.5 Ohm) setups. Spaced coils and identical cotton in all of them (tried Muji, Cotton Bacon and Kendo). Maybe the Genesis was tasting great at his time (three years ago) but is outperformed by newer tanks? Maybe my build or wick just sucks? (Tried tight, lose, different lengths and all that jazz)

It's the only vertical coil RTA I've got, so can't compare like for like. Any tips for this RTA specifically?

Cheers!

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As the title says, I'm struggling to get the kind of flavour everybody raves about when it comes to this particular RTA. Right now, my builds taste okay, even though with a little hint of cotton. But the sorts of Innokin Ares, Digiflavor Siren 2, Doggystyle, Skyline (clone) and Merlin MTL taste better. (I've got at least one of each of these to compare)

For a fair comparison, I've rebuilt all of those tanks with 28ga KA1, 1 Ohm. Same juice in all. As for the Genesis, I've used both single coil (1 Ohm) and dual coil (0.5 Ohm) setups. Spaced coils and identical cotton in all of them (tried Muji, Cotton Bacon and Kendo). Maybe the Genesis was tasting great at his time (three years ago) but is outperformed by newer tanks? Maybe my build or wick just sucks? (Tried tight, lose, different lengths and all that jazz)

It's the only vertical coil RTA I've got, so can't compare like for like. Any tips for this RTA specifically?

Cheers!
if your using cotton ....it ain't a genny.....you have to take into account alot of the people raving about it were using mesh wicks, it is a good enough genny,but I think for flavor there are better flavor chasing gennys...this atty was trying to please everyone,the cloud chasers and the flavor chasers...and as often happens when you try and please everyone you please nobody....It's a good enough flavor chaser,but for me it has to many fiddely little parts...There has always been people who wanted to use gennys without learning how to build with mesh since the days of the Kraken, but it has always been a lackluster experince.

lucifah

Shinyitis Victim
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Thanks. So essentially I should be using mesh wicks? Too much hassle, to be honest. I agree that it is fiddly enough as it is.

entropy1049

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Though I’m not familiar with this atomizer, I can say that if it’s a Genesis atty, it’s going to be at it’s best with mesh.

I haven’t bought a Genny since the Svoe Maesto was first released and I was vaping 24 nic, but I used gennys exclusively for years back in the day. A helluva lot of fiddling, carefully pulsing out hotspots, pre burning mesh with a torch, the Genny Tilt (like the Crip Walk for atties :zombie:), there are just easier ways with my current vaping style to get better results these days.

But. This said, Gennys shine with mesh for flavor with higher nic juices. And a dialed in Genny delivers flavor like no other, and does it without burning through buckets of juice.

Last edited:

lucifah

Shinyitis Victim
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I guess I'll keep it for one of those days where I really need to take my mind off something else :)
Way too much trouble for my daily vaping needs. But I'll order some SS mesh anyway. Any recommendations?

entropy1049

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
I guess I'll keep it for one of those days where I really need to take my mind off something else :)
Way too much trouble for my daily vaping needs. But I'll order some SS mesh anyway. Any recommendations?
It’s been so long since I bought mesh I’m not current on sources. Should be an easy Google tackle though...you should def try it with mesh. May become your new favorite vape. If you crave flavor, it’ll deliver I’d bet.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
mesh is not fiddely...it's just a matter of practice...most people give up on using mesh after a handfull of fustrating attempt,but once you master building with mesh it's no big deal, there is not much tweaking and fiddeling involved....you can build a wick and coil it, and tweak it for about 2 minutes and it's ready to go....it's just a matter of experince.but I do admitt you will have to do alot of building with it to get to that point it does have a larger learning curve than most forms of building....but compared to sitting down and building an alien coil,building a mesh set up by comparisson is easy., once you master it....well it's at least as easy as building and alien wire.

Last edited:

entropy1049

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
mesh is not fiddely...it's just a matter of practice...most people give up on using mesh after a handfull of fustrating attempt,but once you master building with mesh it's no big deal, there is not much tweaking and fiddeling involved....you can build a wick and coil it, and tweak it for about 2 minutes and it's ready to go....it's just a matter of experince.but I do admitt you will have to do alot of building with it to get to that point it does have a larger learning curve than most forms of building....but compared to sitting down and building an alien coil,building a mesh set up by comparisson is easy., once you master it....well it's at least as easy as building and alien wire.

I would propose that for a builder who’s new to building Genesis, compaired to cotton wick, mesh is orders of magnitude more challenging. I agree that with practice it’s easilly mastered, but the new genesis builder is going to be confronted with a whole new ballgame of factors to consider, not the least of which is coiling around conductive wicking material.

The take home point is this: a new genesis builder need not get discouraged by the learning curve. Once technique is polished, great results are easily obtained. But expect a learning curve.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I would propose that for a builder who’s new to building Genesis, compaired to cotton wick, mesh is orders of magnitude more challenging. I agree that with practice it’s easilly mastered, but the new genesis builder is going to be confronted with a whole new ballgame of factors to consider, not the least of which is coiling around conductive wicking material.

The take home point is this: a new genesis builder need not get discouraged by the learning curve. Once technique is polished, great results are easily obtained. But expect a learning curve.
yep,what makes a genhead is..... chasing the flavor...that's what keeps you hooked to gennys,that's why you go through the bullshit,it's why you stick with it, you're hooked on the flavor....without that hook you'd throw them in the trash and go tear up your sofa cushions and stuff them in a rta....crank up the watts and blow some nar nar clouds.....it took me 6 months to learn how to build a genny properly ...by that I mean ....right.....after that it took me another 6 months to find the correct way to build it right...and I still think there's room for improvement.

entropy1049

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
They are flavor machines. If you can build Genesis, everything else falls into place, the technique and skills learned breed good habits that crossover easily into other types of building that make them seem much less challenging.

The other day for kicks I built my old Diablo v1 hybrid mod to see how much I’d forgotten about genesis. Dug up some old mesh, and did a 28g kanthal spaced coil lol. The old habits payed dividends, and to my surprise, after about 30 seconds of pulsing out a few hotspots, I was pounding Dead Mans Hand #77 and getting dat ol Skool Genny flava like a cotton wick in an RDA wished it could.

Roots :D

VU Sponsors