Become a Patron!

Origen Genesis...

CDZVaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I picked one up the other day. Its phenomenal and all that good stuff.

My question is, is the connecting pin supposed to be fixed?

I saw 1 review that said it is supposed to be, mine however is not.
Anyone?

Valkyrie

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
if you are talking about the 510 pin...on the authentic and a few clones it is a removeable, fully adjustable and threaded pin (bolt)

CDZVaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yes Im referring to the 510 pin on a clone. I just broke the atty down, dropped the screw and tightened the knurl on top. What happens is the pin/screw keeps getting pushed back up. So Im not getting a clean contact.

Another strange thing is, I just bought 2 new 18650's, Samsung 25r's and they dont touch the pin but my old batteries, same make, do!! Lol. Only thing with that is the pin gets pushed up and Im making contact with the threaded stem, which in turn heats up the atty....

Confusing...but doable. I hope

Valkyrie

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
there should be a nut that screws down to the deck to lock your pin in your desired height...then the knurled top nut that secures your coil wire to the post

CDZVaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah, I think mine is F'd up. I drop the pin tighten everything up and when I go to fire, the battery pushes the pin back up. Im not happy.

Strange thing though. I have 2 sets of batteries 4 total. The older set fires the atty but it heats the whole atty up, which isnt good and the other set dont fire it at all, its like they're to short. Strange...

I really appreciate your time, thanks alot..

KKen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Are you running this in hybrid mode?? As in direct atty to battery connection?

CDZVaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Are you running this in hybrid mode?? As in direct atty to battery connection?

Yes, but in very small increments while I try to find a proper solution. Im not using it as a go to just yet. Any suggestions??

KKen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, I would stop until you have the center pin firmly set in its correct place, which should be protruding out from the outer threads. Problem is not your batteries or mod, its the 510 connection on the atomizer, which will actually work fine on any non-hybrid connection.

CDZVaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Right on. That's exactly my problem. I'm going to break it down again and see if I missed something. Then I'll take it from there...Thanks for your help....

VU Sponsors