Become a Patron!

Other Hobbies/Areas of Expertise

Pav

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As the title states, What are your other hobbies/areas of expertise? We are all here because we enjoy vaping, and for some it's more than the nic fix. Its a way of life! But surely there must be more to all of than vaping. For me its a few things: 1) Knives. From fixed to folders, Spydercos to Swamp Rats. Theres alway one in my pocket(or on my hip),and I'll gladly talk to you all day about em. 2) My MK1B AW11. Or in non enthusiast speak,1989 Toyota MR2. Its my track toy, money pit, and grocery getter. She sits stock-ish currently awaiting some warmer weather and parts. 3) Physical Hacking. My ethics > Your Security. Thats all I have to say about that. But that is my shortened list. But what about you guys?

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Right now I'm playing Borderlands Presequel. I expect besides hanging out here I won't have time for anything else for the next few weeks

giphy.gif

Pav

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How is the Presequel? I havent had a chance to play it/ still completing all of Borderlands2.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
How is the Presequel? I havent had a chance to play it/ still completing all of Borderlands2.
It totally kicks ass. Like any Borderlands game, it takes a while for you to get use to the complicated variety of level up and gun improvement systems, but once you start getting the hang of it, it's totally addictive. I wasn't expecting it to be as massive as it is to tell you the truth. A lot of times third installments can be really lazy (not counting Jak 3), but this is huge, especially if you're like me and play through all the side missions. Like #2 it's relentless and merciless, so expect to die a few dozen times on the way.

Reactions: Pav

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm using ps3. Besides that, when I get around to it, I write a book or two here or there but not sure I want to call that a hobby. ;<))

N

Newheart301

Closed my gun-smithing operation 5 years ago, still do some, as a hobby now, for friends. Just re-stocked a CZ rifle for a friend in French Walnut. My vision problems have gotten really bad, that will most likely be my last checkering job, took me 3 weeks to do what I used to do in 3 days.

Nitrowolf72

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Used to be an avid rc car racer but my job no longer allows me time for that hobby so its on the back burner for now. Have several rc planes that I love to fly when I have time and just fixing to get into reloading ammo as a new hobby. My problem is to many expensive hobbies. Lol.

Sent from my LGL35G

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I like to paint miniature fantasy figurines. I used to paint and sell them on commission for extra cash, its been one of the things in the past that would keep me from falling into the deep end at times. Have stopped for a while, but now that I got some time, new glasses and away from the evil in my life, I think its time to get back into it. This time however, I believe I will sculpt the figures as well. Keep it Foggy!

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I go to Scotland a lot. I consider that a hobby :) I love it there. It's a great place to explore and discover really nice hidden places to stay. I used to take a mountain bike with and backpack and camp all over but now I prefer bed & breakfasts and sometimes hostels or bothies. I make stuff too. I just built a corner sofa because it's so hard to get anything up two flights of winding stairs.

Browncoat

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Vape Media
Been wanting to build a model railroad since I was like 5. My grandfather had a basement empire, and when you grow up around something like that, it's impossible to get it out of your system. I have a lot of cars/buildings/etc, but with 4 kids of my own, I just don't have the time/money/space right now to get a layout up and running. So, I just collect for now. One day, though. ONE DAY!!!

My other hobby is photography. It was a business for awhile, but that sucked all the fun out of it. I've scaled back my equipment and just do photos for myself now. Every once in awhile I'll do senior photos, but no more weddings. Never again. I don't need that kind of stress in my life. Here's one of my favorites:

Y98GfDE.jpg

Dr3d

Yes. What was the question?
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a few additional addictions.

Motorcycles - officer in a MC (Vmax, Triumph Tiger and Moto Guzzi Ambassador).

Shooting & Reloading. Mostly 1911s, 22 rifles and a 460 Rowland Carbine.

I still do a little photography & photo editing. And I still do fishing & boating.

I pretty much keep the project que densely packed.

Pav

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I love the responses so far. Esp. that old ford. Got a 1100 back home, two cyl. diesel.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Former Chef....currently Franciscan Street Evangelist.
Like Hobby I go to Scotland on occasion but have MUCH LESS fun whilst there (I am from NW....WAY NW Scotland)

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I go to Scotland a lot. I consider that a hobby :) I love it there. It's a great place to explore and discover really nice hidden places to stay. I used to take a mountain bike with and backpack and camp all over but now I prefer bed & breakfasts and sometimes hostels or bothies. I make stuff too. I just built a corner sofa because it's so hard to get anything up two flights of winding stairs.
You was getting nowhere so you had a cuppa tea? ANDDDDDD Right said Fred................ok, enough of that

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think my avatar gives it away. :p

My wife and I raise Quarter horses. We are involved in Racing, Rodeo, Showing. We are the leading Quarter horse breeder in Idaho for show horse the last two years.

I also enjoy building DIY audiophile speakers and plan to build my preamps and amps when I get to it. Love my stereo stuff.

And in warmer weather I like to ride my Harley, make some noise, turn some heads.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hot Air Ballooning, Fly Fishing, and White Water Kayaking.

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You was getting nowhere so you had a cuppa tea? ANDDDDDD Right said Fred................ok, enough of that
How in the world dyu know that song? Written for British workmen I think - one working, three standing around watching

BAREFOOTJUNKER

Member For 5 Years
DSCN1811.jpg
IMG_0094[1].jpg
Build beverage can planes, metal detecting, salvaging old signs, abandon places.

Attachments

• 581559_518816848214070_1329099244_n.jpg
    581559_518816848214070_1329099244_n.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 7

Pav

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
To say the least I am thoroughly impressed. It appears we could take over the world, if not come up with a damn fine plot to do so.

VU Sponsors