Become a Patron!

Oumier White Bone Mini: A Good MTL Flavor Chaser?

iVapeDIY

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Just got my Oumier WBM earlier than expected :vapemail:

Followed @KingPin! procedure for cleaning ... damn, tons of O-rings
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/bye-bye-mr-white-bone-mini.321848/#post-1756942

Built 0.6 ohm 24ga KA1 micro coil and wicked using @Deucesjack method ...
http://vapingunderground.com/thread...rta-review-by-deucesjack.298264/#post-1603903

Gave it a vape ... disappointed. Nowhere near Serpent Mini or Goblin Mini ... worse, UD Bellus had better flavor. Opened up airflow to max and changed drip tip to long, wide bore delrin ... BAM ... flavor! Sweet spot for MTL vaping is around 75% airflow. And yes, no leaks ... negligible condensation on airflow inlets. Finding a suitable drip trip replacement is a major hassle but not a fatal flaw. While some standard 510 tips do fit, they are not flush.
Net-net, at US$16 (taxes and shipping included) this atty is great. :hearts:

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

http://vapingunderground.com/threads/bye-bye-mr-white-bone-mini.321848/#post-1756942

http://vapingunderground.com/thread...rta-review-by-deucesjack.298264/#post-1603903

Gave it a vape ... disappointed. Nowhere near Serpent Mini or Goblin Mini ... worse, UD Bellus had better flavor. Opened up airflow to max and changed drip tip to long, wide bore delrin ... BAM ... flavor! Sweet spot for MTL vaping is around 75% airflow. And yes, no leaks ... negligible condensation on airflow inlets. Finding a suitable drip trip replacement is a major hassle but not a fatal flaw. While some standard 510 tips do fit, they are not flush.
I don't own one but do remember reading reviews about it. I also read the Kingpin thread about cleaning and I have to say, I don't think I've ever seen an atty with that many o-rings before.:eek:

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Net-net, at US$16 (taxes and shipping included) this atty is great. s:
See everyone is different. I love the stock drip tip.

Sent from my LG-K425 using Tapatalk

iVapeDIY

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
See everyone is different. I love the stock drip tip.

Agree. The stock drip tip is quite unique; the integrated glass (aside from exotic looks) does a good job at minimizing heat transfer to one's lips. I just have a personal preference for cooler vapor temps for more flavor.

Btw, your wicking tutorial is key to enjoying this atty ... thanks.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Agree. The stock drip tip is quite unique; the integrated glass (aside from exotic looks) does a good job at minimizing heat transfer to one's lips. I just have a personal preference for cooler vapor temps for more flavor.

Btw, your wicking tutorial is key to enjoying this atty ... thanks.

Yeah I like the texture of it. I wish I could find just the drip tip to buy separately. This one and the OG Merlin drip tip is my all time favorite.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer

Glad you like it IVape :)

iVapeDIY

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Update: Found optimal micro coil setup ...

10.5 wraps 24ga 0.65 ohm 2mm ID

Positioned close to air intake, vapor production exceeds Serpent Mini and Goblin Mini with similar single coil build. The WBM, with its three airflow inlets, gives it an edge at vapor production; it has the option to cater to cloud chasers preferring DL hits ... unlike the Serpent Mini and Goblin Mini v3 which are restrictive even at max airflow setting. All three have similar MTL hits.

Vapor Production Comparison:
10/10 Oumier WhiteBone Mini
9/10 Wotofo Serpent Mini
9/10 UD Goblin Mini V3

I found a long, wide bore, friction fit drip tip that fits all three 22mm attys for comparison. Using the same juice/coils/wattage/mod/drip tip, all three had similar flavor intensity with full JFC opening. Serpent Mini has no JFC (always at max).

Flavor Intensity comparisons (max DL):
9/10 Wotofo Serpent Mini
9/10 UD Goblin Mini V3

Leakage: The Goblin Mini v3 has JFC, but it is never 100% shut; you can vape at minimum JFC setting and not get dry hits. The Serpent Mini has no JFC (always 100% flowing). As such, the WBM has better leak resistance, particularly when refilling, and will better resist juice evaporation when left idle. As all three attys sport bottom airflow designs, all accumulate condensation. The WBM, with three bottom air intakes, is less prone to condensation accumulation.

Leak proofing:
9/10 Oumier WhiteBone Mini
8/10 Wotofo Serpent Mini
6/10 UD Goblin Mini V3

Net-net, for flavor chasing, the WBM has superior nuances. Some juices taste better with a slightly greater air mixture, here the WBM shines with easy AFC adjustments. Its elaborate craftsmanship is also a huge plus. The WBM is now my default ADV atty.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Update: Found optimal micro coil setup ...

10.5 wraps 24ga 0.65 ohm 2mm ID

Positioned close to air intake, vapor production exceeds Serpent Mini and Goblin Mini with similar single coil build. The WBM, with its three airflow inlets, gives it an edge at vapor production; it has the option to cater to cloud chasers preferring DL hits ... unlike the Serpent Mini and Goblin Mini v3 which are restrictive even at max airflow setting. All three have similar MTL hits.

Vapor Production Comparison:
9/10 Wotofo Serpent Mini
9/10 UD Goblin Mini V3

I found a long, wide bore, friction fit drip tip that fits all three 22mm attys for comparison. Using the same juice/coils/wattage/mod/drip tip, all three had similar flavor intensity with full JFC opening. Serpent Mini has no JFC (always at max). At minimum airflow settings, the WBM had greater air mixture.

Flavor Intensity comparisons (min MTL):
10/10 Wotofo Serpent Mini
10/10 UD Goblin Mini V3

Flavor Intensity comparisons (max DL):
9/10 Wotofo Serpent Mini
9/10 UD Goblin Mini V3

Leakage: The Goblin Mini v3 has JFC, but it is never 100% shut; you can vape at minimum JFC setting and not get dry hits. The Serpent Mini has no JFC (always 100% flowing). As such, the WBM has better leak resistance, particularly when refilling, and will better resist juice evaporation when left idle. As all three attys sport bottom airflow designs, all accumulate condensation. The WBM, with three bottom air intakes, is less prone to condensation accumulation.

Leak proofing:
8/10 Wotofo Serpent Mini
6/10 UD Goblin Mini V3

Net-net, for flavor chasing, the WBM has superior nuances. Some juices taste better with a slightly greater air mixture, here the WBM shines with easy AFC adjustments. Its elaborate craftsmanship is also a huge plus. The WBM is now my default ADV atty.

Hey nice write up ivape very informative :)

VU Sponsors