Become a Patron!

our local school district...

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
...is on an anti-vaping crusade, sending out that Surgeon General's report about "900% increase in teen use," warning of the dangers of vaping as gateway to cigs & drug abuse, adding "interventionists" to address the problem. Vaping at a school event = suspension, but there's no missing the cigarette smoke wafting around outside from every nook between classes, butts in the gutter...or the green fog in the bleachers at football games. Prescription opioid abuse is *rampant*, but let's demonize vaping.

Just had to get that off my chest.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
They included vaping in NJs new "must be 21 to buy tobacco" law so that kids "won't smoke e-cigarettes"

Age limits have always been so successful in preventing smoking, drinking...pregnancy. I'm sure it'll work for inhaling vanilla extract, too.

I'm not sure whether to write to schools administrators, school board members, newspapers...or just shut up til my kids all have diplomas. I know it's embarrassing to have one of "those" parents.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Age limits have always been so successful in preventing smoking, drinking...pregnancy. I'm sure it'll work for inhaling vanilla extract, too.

I'm not sure whether to write to schools administrators, school board members, newspapers...or just shut up til my kids all have diplomas. I know it's embarrassing to have one of "those" parents.
Or they could be proud to have a parent with a backbone who supports their freedom to have safer choices.
Not the same situation, but I'm reminded of the time my mother made a dire impression on the lady who ran the cafeteria at my grade school. My brother was the ultimate in picky eaters, so eating from the school cafeteria was out of the question. We had a home packed lunch every day, usually a sandwich, a snack, and a drink. One day the old lunch lady discovered kool-aid in my brother's thermos and took it away from him, along with a small bag of corn chips. Said it wasn't "allowed." My tiny, 5'2" mother barreled into the principal's office the next day and demanded satisfaction, so they called in the old lunch lady. She not so politely informed the old hag that it was none of her business what she packed in her kids' lunches, and if it was a purple turd and a can of Budweiser, that was lunch and she'd better never touch it again. And old hag lunch lady never touched my brother's lunch again. He never developed a taste for purple turds or Budweiser and we were thoroughly convinced we had the most badass mom on the planet.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

Somebody has to do it -

It's kind of like voting - in my book, if you don't vote you have no right to bitch about the outcome

Someone has to speak out when they see a wrong - my job is to work with policy makers and I can tell you one thing, it breaks my heart when I see school officials back mamby-pamby policies (our district superintendent wanted to randomly drug test ALL middle and high school kids, for instance) and claim no one from the community objected

Last edited:

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

maybe as your kids grow older and see more of the world...they would be proud to have "one of those parents"...

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
...is on an anti-vaping crusade, sending out that Surgeon General's report about "900% increase in teen use," warning of the dangers of vaping as gateway to cigs & drug abuse, adding "interventionists" to address the problem. Vaping at a school event = suspension, but there's no missing the cigarette smoke wafting around outside from every nook between classes, butts in the gutter...or the green fog in the bleachers at football games. Prescription opioid abuse is *rampant*, but let's demonize vaping.

Just had to get that off my chest.

I suggest that you have the school board perform a cleanup and inventory of what they find under the bleachers once a week.

Thinking old butt's, beer can's, liquor and wine bottles and used condoms.

Then ask the holier than thou crowd while they are going after vaping.

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My mother was one of those parents. She called the mother superior of St. Anthony's school in Boston, where I was a first year inmate, "a fucking cunt!" It was one of the best days of my young life as I was immediately expelled.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
My mother was one of those parents. She called the mother superior of St. Anthony's school in Boston, where I was a first year inmate, "a fucking cunt!" It was one of the best days of my young life as I was immediately expelled.

:eek:
I can't help but think of this:

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
:eek:
I can't help but think of this:

What they did to me was worse. She was lucky my mother didn't hit her. My mother was a tough Irish broad who grew up hard and could hit like a man. My father had to hold her back that day.

I've always said nothing cures a boy of religion like sending him to a catholic school.

VU Sponsors