Become a Patron!

Outliving the Effects of Vaping

thedogofdoom

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
As someone who vapes often and smokes occasionally, I wanted to start an opinion thread on an idea I've been sort of mulling over.

I've read nearly every study done on the health effects of vaping biased both for and against vaping, and the unbiased 'pure research' stuff as well. I've come to believe that vaping (obviously) is vastly better for us than smoking. I've also come to believe that low wattage, and by low I mean, under 3.3v/18ish watts, (which is perfect for me personally) will do little to your body.

Basically I believe that the negatives include:

-Possible inflammation of the lungs
-Little to moderate protein damage in the lungs
-A weaker immune system

So my idea, which has sprouted from the information I've listed above, is that we may be able to outlive the effects of vaping. Some smokers smoke for most of their lives and never have anything worse than black lungs and a bad cough, so if my mod is 95% better for me than that, can I simply outlive any possible devastating effects of vaping?

What do you guys think? And yes I know that I should just toss the cigs in the trash where they belong, but sometimes the smoke is a pleasant, if guilty, indulgement.

-Nick

danzac

Member For 4 Years
Conan, I had the same exact bout with my lungs from vaping.
I had to switch to 70 pg/ 30 vg. No more high vg. It leaves a film on my lungs, that with high wattage weaken my lungs. That is when the moisture was pooling up in my lungs. This weakened my immune system and I ended up in the emergency room twice for this. Had to be put on a respiratory and giving antibiotics.( 2 different kinds). This was from chain vaping high vg then getting a flu like cold. I had to stay on the respirator for 45 mins.

Once I could breath freely again, I stayed away from vaping for a week and swtich to flavor chasing. My cloud chasing days are over. Maybe because I'm much older. I started vaping years ago when it was first introduced. Well it finally took its toll on me when I stopped mouth to lung hits, straight to lung pulls and when I started subohming with high vg.
I love vaping and tinkering with rda's. To me its a great hobby. Now I keep my wattage lower and my pg higher and haven't had any problems. I was afraid I would have to quit vaping. Love it to much to give it up.
Temperture control with nic coils give a warm vape, much cooler than high wattage, with lots of flavor. Having success with the Uwell Crown Sub Ohm Tank and the Ijust 2 tank using both .5 coils and TC Coils (Ni or Ti). I actually used the subbox mini with regular coils using high vg ejuice and that is when all the trouble started. It's all good again.

thedogofdoom

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That's fantastic to hear! I'm glad you were able to find a balance with vaping! :) I keep my box set at 15-18 watts and I am happy with the hits I get. I use a variety of juices of different ratios, but I always have the stores create 1.5mg juice for me. Low watts, low nic is the way to go for me. Was especially happy today when my throat was getting scratchy from a light 100. Weird thing to say I know, but I feel as though I could give up nicotine rather freely now, as opposed to when I was coming down from 6mg juice.

DEATHquidox

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I had to switch to 70 pg/ 30 vg. No more high vg. It leaves a film on my lungs, that with high wattage weaken my lungs. That is when the moisture was pooling up in my lungs. This weakened my immune system and I ended up in the emergency room twice for this. Had to be put on a respiratory and giving antibiotics.( 2 different kinds). This was from chain vaping high vg then getting a flu like cold. I had to stay on the respirator for 45 mins.

Once I could breath freely again, I stayed away from vaping for a week and swtich to flavor chasing. My cloud chasing days are over. Maybe because I'm much older. I started vaping years ago when it was first introduced. Well it finally took its toll on me when I stopped mouth to lung hits, straight to lung pulls and when I started subohming with high vg.
I love vaping and tinkering with rda's. To me its a great hobby. Now I keep my wattage lower and my pg higher and haven't had any problems. I was afraid I would have to quit vaping. Love it to much to give it up.
Temperture control with nic coils give a warm vape, much cooler than high wattage, with lots of flavor. Having success with the Uwell Crown Sub Ohm Tank and the Ijust 2 tank using both .5 coils and TC Coils (Ni or Ti). I actually used the subbox mini with regular coils using high vg ejuice and that is when all the trouble started. It's all good again.
Im alot younger (18) and I cloud chase really with temp mods and such and the Warmer the vape its better for my lungs because I have a weird kind of asthema but this is a good new hobby for me to invest time and money and interest into. Im really looking into DIY ejuice stuff just to tinker with and have fun with.

Vapor Depot

VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

That's amazing you didn't give up like most and start bad mouthing vaping like I seem to notice a lot of people doing lately and following the mass media crap! Just wanted to give you all a shout out and a kudos for sticking with it!

vape me

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
There probably are downsides to vaping compared to not smoking or vaping, but between smoking and vaping, vaping is the obvious healthier choice.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
By far vaping is more healthier than smoking. That's saying something for I have never felt better since I started vaping.:)

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

kimber

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

Same for me. I tried 50/50 and my lungs always feel full, and I cough a lot. Through process of elimination I figured out it has to be the vg making me feel that way. Back to mixing with 70/30 and all of that disappeared. Different strokes, as they say.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What does this mean?

Sent from my C6740N using Tapatalk
If you were quoting me I used to smoke 2 packs of Marlboro a day for over 20yrs...When I started vaping I stopped coughing in the morning when I woke up, no more shortness of breath, taste and smelling came back, my room, truck and my clothes no longer stink like a dirty ashtray... Vaping probly is the best healthiest choice I've made for myself in a long time.. Just sayin

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I think I'm in a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" position. 70/30 gives me awful dry-mouth. Max VG I think sometimes gives me mild respiratory congestion. (I have a touch of COPD, says my Dr.)

Got a box full of six different 50/50 juices that'll be under the tree. Perhaps that'll be the magic ratio for me.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If you were quoting me I used to smoke 2 packs of Marlboro a day for over 20yrs...When I started vaping I stopped coughing in the morning when I woke up, no more shortness of breath, taste and smelling came back, my room, truck and my clothes no longer stink like a dirty ashtray... Vaping probly is the best healthiest choice I've made for myself in a long time.. Just sayin

Nope not quoting you but thans for the info..
I was just asking whtats this means? to the topic

Valkyrie

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
im 60... im sure there are ill effects to vaping...just not enough of us have died yet...let alone the fact that we smoked also...itll be a few decades before enough has been learned and i will have outlived the effects of vaping...just thinking aloud...thanks for the topic...

VU Sponsors