Become a Patron!

Over dramatic Mother

KDodds

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Not quite, but I've been working and employed every single day of my life since I was 12 (paper route). From then until I moved out, half my paycheck went to the household. All told, counting working as a child, I probably kicked in any where from $150,000 to $250,000. And when I was working through school and paying my own way and asked for a loan to get a tooth fixed I was told, "We didn't make you go to school." We all have our own things with which we have to deal in life.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'm fairly sure your parents didn't stick you with 3 cars to pay for along with full coverage insurance, a lawsuit on one of the cars, along with all your other expenses and make you quit your career because it's "too dangerous" no.
You are a fucking adult. How about acting like one?

Take some fucking personal responsibility for yourself boy.

No one can "stick you" with car payments. You either signed on the dotted line, or you signed on the dotted line.
No one can make you "quit" your career but you. You are an adult. Accept the blame on YOUR own shoulders.

And some think we all should be patient with you. What a loser you are.....

Entitlement at it's finest. Wait until your a parent... before you judge yours! And don't try to deny it. Your title doesn't say, I'm Worried... It says "Drama Queen" and if that's not being disrespectful, then maybe you should redefine the word for us.

Darthvapor_n

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You are a fucking adult. How about acting like one?

Take some fucking personal responsibility for yourself boy.

No one can "stick you" with car payments. You either signed on the dotted line, or you signed on the dotted line.
No one can make you "quit" your career but you. You are an adult. Accept the blame on YOUR own shoulders.

And some think we all should be patient with you. What a loser you are.....
I love how you think you're the fucking king and you know everyone's life. Your opinion isn't worth a fuck so I don't know why you keep going on and on about me how about you look at yourself.

celticluvr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I give up :facepalm: sorry @Darthvapor_n. :( I wish I knew more how to help you out. It may very well be time for you to try in some way to move out. That and sitting your parent(s) down for a mature discussion. Being as no one here knows your situation and all they can do is judge it may be time to just leave this thread alone. As someone whose mother went slightly nuts when I was 18, due to circumstances I expect no one here to relate to, I ended up quitting my job and taking my car and self to my boyfriends house across the state line. It took her about 2 1/2 - 3 years to come back to herself and now we have a great relationship, even though I know I can never live with her again. :rolleyes:

I hope you can get everything resolved. Peace :vino:

I'm out. :zombie:

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I love how you think you're the fucking king and you know everyone's life. Your opinion isn't worth a fuck so I don't know why you keep going on and on about me how about you look at yourself.
Right. I don't know fuck.

Yet I don't live with my parents, I am not blaming my problems on someone else, and I don't cry about not having money.

You came here crying like a little bitch. And you still are.

Like I said, you are a loser. You are right where you CHOOSE to be. This whole thread for you has been to blame your parents for all your problems.

Until you accept you are the ONLY one responsible for everything going on in your life, nothing will get better.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Because the question is not about my personal life it is about the validity of her complaints and being concerned for her health because as I stated my friend has worse asthma then she does and vapes all day and it doesn't affect him so I don't think the vapor is really what's causing her issues. That and the fact that I've been doing it for 3 years and the complaints have just started recently.
It IS HER house. The validity of her complaints has nothing to do with it.
Her house her rules.

Darthvapor_n

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Right. I don't know fuck.

Yet I don't live with my parents, I am not blaming my problems on someone else, and I don't cry about not having money.

You came here crying like a little bitch. And you still are.

Like I said, you are a loser. You are right where you CHOOSE to be. This whole thread for you has been to blame your parents for all your problems.

Until you accept you are the ONLY one responsible for everything going on in your life, nothing will get better.
No you're a "grown man" talking shit to a teenager online to make you feel better about yourself.

Oh I'm sorry sir I didn't know asking a question was considered crying like a little bitch.

This thread was nothing more than a question about the effects of vaping until you made it into how shitty I am and telling me how to live my life like you know everything.

If I had parents that let me make my own decisions I wouldn't have half of the problems and expenses I do now. I do not have the privilege of making my own choices I am told what I'm going to do and I do it so that I can have a roof over my head until I have the means to move out. Like I said you don't know shit about me and you don't know my situation, and obviously you can't provide any insight to the question on the thread so why you would bother going out of your way to put someone down is quite mind blowing and speaks volume about what a loser YOU are.

KDodds

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I dunno.... knowing what I know now.....
I heard this somewhere recently, paraphrasing...

I don't like the saying, "Youth is wasted on the young," I prefer, "Wisdom is wasted on the old". :D

And OP, being an adult means you DO have the privilege of making your own decisions. You're obviously not ready to shoulder the hardship moving out would place upon you. But that's your decision, and it's not your parents' fault you're choosing the path you're choosing, which is, I think, what @freemind was trying to say. You CHOOSE to stay in the situation you're in. And before you accuse me of not knowing anything about how hard it is to move out and yadda yadda, I do, and I did, and no, it wasn't easy, but it was necessary for my own peace of mind and sanity and it taught me, very quickly, some very valuable life lessons.

KDodds

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Oh well sure, knowing what I know now, but if I had the chance to pick life as I know it, and over 18, it would not be 19-27 hell no.
Ditto, I'd go back to 29/30 if I had to, but honestly I'm quite happy where I am now.

dcarpentier

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Ditto, I'd go back to 29/30 if I had to, but honestly I'm quite happy where I am now.

I flew the coop at 20 with only a suitcase of clothes and some stereo gear to my name. A handful of years of eating pretty cheap food, but finally a good career job came along. By 30 I had met my 2nd (and current) wife.
Im not sure if I'd want to re-do the late teens/20's again (damm good times tho), but for sure by the 30's I had made sense of the world and had some direction. So, I guess it's wisest to pick "30" for a re-do, and maybe make even better decisions.
Still, going from no direction/plans at 19, to a nice house and about to have kids at 30 does seem like an odd transformation (to someone at 19), but it happens to many.

To the OP, best of luck. I think perhaps you came on here with a question not ready for the replies.. then blew it with attitude.
Still, I'll recognize that as "being that age" and give ya some well wishes. Been there, done that.

KDodds

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I flew the coop at 20 with only a suitcase of clothes and some stereo gear to my name. A handful of years of eating pretty cheap food, but finally a good career job came along. By 30 I had met my 2nd (and current) wife.
Im not sure if I'd want to re-do the late teens/20's again (damm good times tho), but for sure by the 30's I had made sense of the world and had some direction. So, I guess it's wisest to pick "30" for a re-do, and maybe make even better decisions.
Still, going from no direction/plans at 19, to a nice house and about to have kids at 30 does seem like an odd transformation (to someone at 19), but it happens to many.

To the OP, best of luck. I think perhaps you came on here with a question not ready for the replies.. then blew it with attitude.
Still, I'll recognize that as "being that age" and give ya some well wishes. Been there, done that.
Boy, talk about mirror lives, minus the stereo gear, plus computer gear.

It seems like this next generation has it much harder than say, I did.
At 14 I started stocking coolers at a local party store for $1.50 cash.
Worked there until I turned 16.
Then I got a school work permit. And started working at a theater as an usher.
I decided in high school that I wanted to be part of the automotive field. So I signed up for Voc Ed, Auto.
Graduated high school. Applied for jobs at all the local auto dealers.
Got hired as a porter, for $3.65 an hour, 8 to 5.
All while keeping my high school job, working at a theater, for $3.50.
I worked my way up at the dealer, within two years, I started an apprenticeship.
I started at $8.50 as an Auto Tech Apprentice.
Worked my way up to lead tech for $18.50.
When I reached 5 years experience. I applied at Ford as a Developmental Marketing prototype Technician.
Worked 20 years. Earned an extra 5 years working overtime.
30 and out, retired at 45.
I know I make it sound easy. But it was a lot of hard work! I almost never got to do fun things. I was always too busy working my ass off...
to support my Girlfriend and my Daughter.... who was born when I was 15!
smdh...

Venom Ballistics

Member For 4 Years
I'm fairly sure your parents didn't stick you with 3 cars to pay for along with full coverage insurance, a lawsuit on one of the cars, along with all your other expenses and make you quit your career because it's "too dangerous" no.

do these cars belong to you? I'm guessing the answer is yes.
from there I'll also go out on a limb that you and your irresponsible ways have rendered at least two of them inoperable.

I used to part time in a vape shop because I like vape .. its one of the greatest contributions to mankind since sewer systems and sanitation reduced the probability of deadly outbreaks to nearly zero.
"used to" is the important part here. While I will fight for what it brings to the table, the quantity of serial effups walking in was something I couldn't stand.
just like so many who melted down their gear ignoring ohms law and refusing to own up to their own foolishness, you seem to refuse to man up to those liabilities you have incurred upon yourself.
More and more, you paint a picture of a situation that is not really about vape, or reactions to it. roll back the tape and be honest with yourself. there's a long list of gripe topics to be discussed daily.
What's screaming at me about it all is the high likelyhood that your parents are getting fed up with your crap ...
do you want to hear that ?
oh hell no .. and you'll likely respond with vile hostility behind another shield of victimhood in and attempt to save face ...
its a piss poor strategy if you do, because you'll also blow that detail off ...
You need to hear it ... you're well advised to take it to heart.
If I am right in my assessment, you are a breath away from being homeless.

KDodds

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Doesn't sound easy at all, @badbert. Not like, say, sitting on a couch in your mom's basement at 20 bitching about how your parents are too cheap to get you the iPhone 7 while playing CoD for 6 hours straight. When our parents said, "you kids today have no idea..." they weren't right. We didn't want to hear it, but we got the idea. Today, I have the sneaking suspicion that "you kids today" really do not have any idea, as a broad generalization. In fact, I was outright accused way more than once of actually lying about my work life, my wages, and so on.

Darthvapor_n

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
do these cars belong to you? I'm guessing the answer is yes.
from there I'll also go out on a limb that you and your irresponsible ways have rendered at least two of them inoperable.

I used to part time in a vape shop because I like vape .. its one of the greatest contributions to mankind since sewer systems and sanitation reduced the probability of deadly outbreaks to nearly zero.
"used to" is the important part here. While I will fight for what it brings to the table, the quantity of serial effups walking in was something I couldn't stand.
just like so many who melted down their gear ignoring ohms law and refusing to own up to their own foolishness, you seem to refuse to man up to those liabilities you have incurred upon yourself.
More and more, you paint a picture of a situation that is not really about vape, or reactions to it. roll back the tape and be honest with yourself. there's a long list of gripe topics to be discussed daily.
What's screaming at me about it all is the high likelyhood that your parents are getting fed up with your crap ...
do you want to hear that ?
oh hell no .. and you'll likely respond with vile hostility behind another shield of victimhood in and attempt to save face ...
its a piss poor strategy if you do, because you'll also blow that detail off ...
You need to hear it ... you're well advised to take it to heart.
If I am right in my assessment, you are a breath away from being homeless.
Your guess is wrong good sir

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
No you're a "grown man" talking shit to a teenager online to make you feel better about yourself.

Oh I'm sorry sir I didn't know asking a question was considered crying like a little bitch.

This thread was nothing more than a question about the effects of vaping until you made it into how shitty I am and telling me how to live my life like you know everything.

If I had parents that let me make my own decisions I wouldn't have half of the problems and expenses I do now. I do not have the privilege of making my own choices I am told what I'm going to do and I do it so that I can have a roof over my head until I have the means to move out. Like I said you don't know shit about me and you don't know my situation, and obviously you can't provide any insight to the question on the thread so why you would bother going out of your way to put someone down is quite mind blowing and speaks volume about what a loser YOU are.

YOU are purposely not making your own decisions. And from the sounds of it, that's the way it should be. You are not owning one bit of responsibility in this.

NO ONE can make you sign a contract to purchase a car, or 3 of them. As others has said, the situation is not how you are telling it. Your whole damn world is EXACTLY what you have allowed it to become. You are in control of your destiny, not your parents. You have been an adult, accountable to yourself, for 2+ years. Yet here you sit in the pig pen of a mess you have made of your life.

I too, had it not easy, growing up. I'm sure the horror of the shit I went through would put your life experiences to shame. However, not one damn bit of it was the fault of shitty parents. It was ALL my own fault for allowing things to happen. There is no one to blame but myself. So I have zero sympathy for people who sit around and bitch about their lives.

If you don't like the mess you are rolling around in, DO SOMETHING about it. I did, and so have many others. Feeling sorry for yourself and giving yourself these piss poor excuses, is self defeating. Stop being a pussy, and DO something.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
If over 18 and still clings to being a teenager.. and getting bruised feels, I weep for this generations lack of anything while sniveling about their feels. 18-21 old enough to still not know a fucking thing and think they are entitled to it all..
Parents have done such a disservice to the children.
Man you are in in for one rude hideous butt fucking in life.
Cut the umbilical cord, she did you no favors shaping you into a total sheltered sniveling self absorbed cunt. A total waste of flesh, an self propelled special snowflake.

Sack the fuck up, grow the fuck up.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Time for this:)
tumblr_mxyxjeKqe91rjnoo4o1_500_zpsnme3rr3j.gif

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Time for this:)
tumblr_mxyxjeKqe91rjnoo4o1_500_zpsnme3rr3j.gif
Perhaps true.

I just don't know what has happened to this generation that makes them such entitled twerps. And they all seem to be a bunch of pussies. Don't want to do hard, dirty work. Want to live home with mommy and daddy, until they are 30 years old. Think everything should be given to them.

WTF man?

KDodds

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Perhaps true.

I just don't know what has happened to this generation that makes them such entitled twerps. And they all seem to be a bunch of pussies. Don't want to do hard, dirty work. Want to live home with mommy and daddy, until they are 30 years old. Think everything should be given to them.

WTF man?
Yep, not all of them mind you. And the ones that aren't like that actually see it the same way we do. Those that are like that, they're just plain passively belligerent about how little we know of their world. I swear, 90% of them take dirty, lazy, smelly hippie pills twice daily. When I asked one kid (29) why he was still living at home he straight up said, "So I can go out and have fun." Seriously. And Peter Pan saw no problem with that and couldn't understand why his parents were pushing him to move out, "Because they're paying the bills anyway."

Venom Ballistics

Member For 4 Years
Yep, not all of them mind you. And the ones that aren't like that actually see it the same way we do. Those that are like that, they're just plain passively belligerent about how little we know of their world. I swear, 90% of them take dirty, lazy, smelly hippie pills twice daily. When I asked one kid (29) why he was still living at home he straight up said, "So I can go out and have fun." Seriously. And Peter Pan saw no problem with that and couldn't understand why his parents were pushing him to move out, "Because they're paying the bills anyway."

and while dwelling on this too long can lead to nausea ...
before there was a you, there was a them. And they are a them because they enjoy each other.
To each other, they'd like to return

KDodds

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
offloaded them with an undisclosed lien. Remember .. he did say there was a law suit on one of them
There's a lot, I have a feeling, undisclosed in all of this. Frankly, I smell more of a whiff of paying off wrecking mom's car, paying off wrecking dad's car, paying off wrecking my (totalled) car (that mom and dad bought me).

Venom Ballistics

Member For 4 Years
There's a lot, I have a feeling, undisclosed in all of this. Frankly, I smell more of a whiff of paying off wrecking mom's car, paying off wrecking dad's car, paying off wrecking my (totalled) car (that mom and dad bought me).
yeah .. just because its in a scrap yard does not mean the contract to pay for it isn't in effect.
man if thet loophole worked ... I'd SO be at the Porsche dealer every month when the payment came due.

seriously though, I think the OP should consider joining the Navy as a way out.
They don't get shot at with the regularity of those in the Army or Marines and does not require a high GPA and college like the Airforce

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I've vaped for 2 1/2 yrs. Although I have far less crud to cough up since I switched from smoking, vaping has in fact made my asthma -- wheeziness, tightness, etc -- a bit worse. I think it's the moisture content, because I use very little VG -- I vape 85% PG.

My husband says he doesn't smell much of anything from my vape, BUT, he can tell from the smell when I need to dry-burn/re-wick; he says it smells like "burnt shit."

I vape in my parents' house when I visit them; my mom says the same as my husband, no particular smell; my aunt says the same, that what little smell there is, is like a very weak air-freshener -- since most air fresheners are mostly PG, that makes sense. My stepfather, however, sometimes finds the smell rather obnoxious, and once it made him vomit. I know that when *I* am not feeling well, I don't care for the smell too much myself, it makes me feel a little sick, so I can somewhat understand.

I guess the main thing to keep in mind is, everyone is going to perceive and respond to vaping in their own way. It *might* be true that she is perceiving whatever she is perceiving because of the negative press about vaping -- the "fake cough" that greet many vapers, just from the sight of vapor, because it looks like smoke. On the other hand... her body may respond to the smell and the actual vapor in a negative fashion. Since none of us is inside her, there's no real way to know, and if she is prejudiced against vaping for whatever reason, then it doesn't even really matter whether it's an actual physical response, or psychosomatic distress -- the fact is, there IS distress, no matter what causes it.

To be a good son, the best thing you could do is take it outdoors; if the weather is very foul, maybe take it to a different room as far from her as you can manage, and close the door. I understand that moving and getting your own place is much easier said than done, and requires planning and careful budgeting; it's a big step, the first time one moves beyond one's parents' home, and shouldn't be taken lightly. But, if you want her to respect your decision to switch to something a lot less harmful than smoking, then you need to respect the fact that it clearly is distressing her to be around it. If you love your mom, you should care about her distress, above and beyond any considerations of respect or "her house, her rules." It's simple kindness, for someone you care about.

Andria

KDodds

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
yeah .. just because its in a scrap yard does not mean the contract to pay for it isn't in effect.
man if thet loophole worked ... I'd SO be at the Porsche dealer every month when the payment came due.

seriously though, I think the OP should consider joining the Navy as a way out.
They don't get shot at with the regularity of those in the Army or Marines and does not require a high GPA and college like the Airforce
That actually worked for a few "lost souls" I knew as a teenager. Turned them right around.

KDodds

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Nah, I don't see it as that dire. If it were, he'd probably a) not have a mom bought computer to get on here in the first place and b) would be more confrontational with mom and less passive/secretly aggressive by venting here.

Venom Ballistics

Member For 4 Years
Nah, I don't see it as that dire. If it were, he'd probably a) not have a mom bought computer to get on here in the first place and b) would be more confrontational with mom and less passive/secretly aggressive by venting here.
you might be right ... but if there's any truth to the vehicular madness .. our boy is a one man demolition crew anyone would be glad to be rid of

forza

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh for God's sake. It DOESN'T MATTER! I don't give a damn if your mother said that vaping is going to make her grow another head. DON'T VAPE IN HER HOUSE!

That's it. That's all. There is no argument. Get off your ass and go the hell outside. The end.

Venom Ballistics

Member For 4 Years
Oh for God's sake. It DOESN'T MATTER! I don't give a damn if your mother said that vaping is going to make her grow another head. DON'T VAPE IN HER HOUSE!

That's it. That's all. There is no argument. Get off your ass and go the hell outside. The end.
Dude .. breathe.
We are kinda past that part of the discussion and on to determining whether or not the OP needs their face spanked.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk

dcarpentier

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Boy, talk about mirror lives, minus the stereo gear, plus computer gear.
Well.. that woulda been 1984 or so for me, everyone had big ass stereos (and no computers) back then didnt they ? lol
(and all the heavy-ass dairy cases full of albums.. frig now you can have all of that collection on a thumb drive..)

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How does this even warrant a thread?

Does the OP really need us to tell him to take it outside? In the world of adults, we have this thing called compromises...

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
How does this even warrant a thread?

Does the OP really need us to tell him to take it outside? In the world of adults, we have this thing called compromises...

And kindness... and caring for your parents, no matter how idiotic they are. :giggle: They did it for us when all we could do was scream and shit ourselves. Turn about!

Andria

Darthvapor_n

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
More like getting fucked over from every angle. My car had 220k miles on it and the transmission went out. I didn't have the money to fix it or any other transportation to work so I bought an older Honda civic from a dealership, turned out it had a blown head gasket and the motor blew in 2 weeks. Sold it for $200 and bought an ex police car and saved up until I had enough to invest in a good work truck for my business. I owned the truck for a month and the transmission went out along with overheating issues, electric issues, etc. After putting the required $5000 down on the truck I did not have $5000 to fix it. My parents insisted that I keep making payments on it and keep the insurance and sue the dealership so I did not mess up my credit(which was nonexistent anyways) if not I would have to find a new place to live, which with no transportation isn't possible. So now I have a $22000 truck sitting in the driveway not making me any money. I finally managed to scrape and save up enough to get my other car fixed and I paid a mechanic shop $2000 to fix it and they did nothing but make it worse. So I had to take it somewhere else and spend another $2500 to get it fixed properly. One month after I got it back I got rear-ended on the highway and it was totaled. I used the insurance money to get myself a reliable car and save some. I am not allowed to stop paying for the truck because there is a lawsuit on it, I have to keep insurance on it and I purchased my car under my dad's name when I was 16, and he won't transfer the title to me so I can sell it but I still have to pay for insurance on it so I can drive it until my new car is registered and insured. So yes I am responsible for 3 cars. Also I have been mowing lawns since I was 12, worked at a warehouse in high school until my parents made me quit to focus on school. I have had to pay my own way since I turned 16 so I'm not a "snowflake" I work hard for everything I have just like the rest of you. I'm not really sure how we got off on this topic but there ya have it.

celticluvr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
More like getting fucked over from every angle. My car had 220k miles on it and the transmission went out. I didn't have the money to fix it or any other transportation to work so I bought an older Honda civic from a dealership, turned out it had a blown head gasket and the motor blew in 2 weeks. Sold it for $200 and bought an ex police car and saved up until I had enough to invest in a good work truck for my business. I owned the truck for a month and the transmission went out along with overheating issues, electric issues, etc. After putting the required $5000 down on the truck I did not have $5000 to fix it. My parents insisted that I keep making payments on it and keep the insurance and sue the dealership so I did not mess up my credit(which was nonexistent anyways) if not I would have to find a new place to live, which with no transportation isn't possible. So now I have a $22000 truck sitting in the driveway not making me any money. I finally managed to scrape and save up enough to get my other car fixed and I paid a mechanic shop $2000 to fix it and they did nothing but make it worse. So I had to take it somewhere else and spend another $2500 to get it fixed properly. One month after I got it back I got rear-ended on the highway and it was totaled. I used the insurance money to get myself a reliable car and save some. I am not allowed to stop paying for the truck because there is a lawsuit on it, I have to keep insurance on it and I purchased my car under my dad's name when I was 16, and he won't transfer the title to me so I can sell it but I still have to pay for insurance on it so I can drive it until my new car is registered and insured. So yes I am responsible for 3 cars. Also I have been mowing lawns since I was 12, worked at a warehouse in high school until my parents made me quit to focus on school. I have had to pay my own way since I turned 16 so I'm not a "snowflake" I work hard for everything I have just like the rest of you. I'm not really sure how we got off on this topic but there ya have it.
I'm sorry you had all that shit happen to you. and even sorrier about how you were treated. :(

KDodds

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
So, basically, your situation isn't really all too dissimilar from my own. I can repeat myself again, but you'll still insist I don't know how hard it is to do, so why bother.

Bottom line is we don't need to know the specifics, and I'll go back to my first statement. Live by the rules of the house or move out.

You keep saying it's not possible. But, after my divorce (I left with, literally, nothing, I just wanted out) I had nothing left. And yet, I was able to scrape together first, last, and security within a few months. Yeah, my furniture, if you can call it that, was horrible, and I basically had one pot, one pan, one plate, you get the idea. But if it's that bad, you do what you have to do to get where you need to be and you certainly don't keep making excuses for why you're in a situation you don't want to be in. Because, ultimately, if you're still in it, it's because you choose to be in it, which means it IS where you want to be because you don't want to deal with the repercussions of the alternatives.

VU Sponsors