Become a Patron!

Over Heating Problem?

Hi,

I am using a SMOK Alien 220W, with Strawbizzle by Elysian Labs juice. I am vaping at 45W (per the coil range) and .161ohms. These settings were fine for the second replacement coil - everything has been working great until i replaced my third coil. I have been vaping for a month.

So the first problem, not sure if it's related, is that when i turn on my vape, the first hit is shallow and makes me cough. It takes about 6 or 7 hits to "warm up" and provide a normal hit.

Second and main problem, is that the flavor taste metallic. Not so much burnt, but metallic for sure.

Third problem being the mouth piece gets really hot and has burned my lips, even though i'm vaping just as i vaped normally when all of this was working correctly.

These problems seemed to have came at the same time.

Can anyone put the pieces together as to what is happening?

Thanks

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Bad coilhead..... I found that about 3 in 10 heads are bad.. sometimes whole boxes....

This Issue is why I went to Rebuildables. ... besides the fact i got better vape at a fraction of the power and juice consumption.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Welcome @GrossProphet and I hope you enjoy your stay!

Assuming you are using the Baby Beast tank I vape that at lower wattage with most 20-25% lower than the beginning of the recommended range. Also you do not say how often you vape or how much per day because chain vaping is hard on coils. As for defective coils I have never gotten a defect with all the hundreds of coils I have bought for any of my tanks and being only a month into vaping you might want to wait to start building coils. Good luck.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If that 3rd coil head is the same one ie model number/resistance as the previous 2 then either loose coil in atty or bad coil.

VU Sponsors