Become a Patron!

Over-steeped E-juice :'(

Hi, I really need all the help I can get to figure out what to do with a bottle of over-steeped (I believe) e-juice that I've had sitting unopened for the past 3 months.

It's a 60 ml bottle of premium e-liquid, 3 mg nic, 70/30 VG/PG ratio. The original color when I bought it was a bit yellowish-brown but more on the lighter side of brown. Now, It's more of the orangey-brown color. I just opened it yesterday and painted it on some newly-built coil and wick. The throat hit was so horrific for me! I even went down to 18W on a 0.49 ohm build BUT the crazy coughing still wouldn't go away, so I changed the cotton and used another e-juice after about 5 hits. I like the flavor of the over-steeped e-juice so I want to somehow save it, if possible, and still enjoy vaping with it.

Do you have any suggestions how to maybe "fix" this or probably "tame" the very strong flavor and throat hit on my "over-steeped" e-juice?

Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you! :D

Attachments

• WIN_20180807_17_55_50_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20180807_17_55_50_Pro.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 27

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Hi, I really need all the help I can get to figure out what to do with a bottle of over-steeped (I believe) e-juice that I've had sitting unopened for the past 3 months.

It's a 60 ml bottle of premium e-liquid, 3 mg nic, 70/30 VG/PG ratio. The original color when I bought it was a bit yellowish-brown but more on the lighter side of brown. Now, It's more of the orangey-brown color. I just opened it yesterday and painted it on some newly-built coil and wick. The throat hit was so horrific for me! I even went down to 18W on a 0.49 ohm build BUT the crazy coughing still wouldn't go away, so I changed the cotton and used another e-juice after about 5 hits. I like the flavor of the over-steeped e-juice so I want to somehow save it, if possible, and still enjoy vaping with it.

Do you have any suggestions how to maybe "fix" this or probably "tame" the very strong flavor and throat hit on my "over-steeped" e-juice?

Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you! :D
The darkening is a normal part of the steeping process... if it's only been sitting 3 months it is not "over-steeped". But keep in mind that just because a juice is advertised as "premium" doesn't mean it's good juice with good nic in it.
Have you had this juice before? To me it sounds like you just got a crappy brand with crappy ingredients.

True that the color does get darker the longer it goes through the steeping process. But this is the fifth bottle of exactly the same brand and flavor of this particular e-liquid I've purchased. No problem with the other four, though. Must be this batch then? It has become 'too strong' for me now, can't even enjoy vaping with it. :(

So I guess there's no way of saving it...?

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
True that the color does get darker the longer it goes through the steeping process. But this is the fifth bottle of exactly the same brand and flavor of this particular e-liquid I've purchased. No problem with the other four, though. Must be this batch then? It has become 'too strong' for me now, can't even enjoy vaping with it. :(

So I guess there's no way of saving it...?
If you've vaped 4 bottles of this and this new bottle don't taste right... I would be contacting the vendor for replacement.

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Sounds like a bum bottle (which happens). Could have been a bad batch, might have seen a bit too much light, sat in a bit too much heat, etc.... Might reach out to them and see if they are willing to replace or had other complaints if they track the batch.

Is it at least vapeable? What if you dumped some fresh VG or PG in to stretch the volume and dilute the concentration a bit?

Sounds like a bum bottle (which happens). Could have been a bad batch, might have seen a bit too much light, sat in a bit too much heat, etc.... Might reach out to them and see if they are willing to replace or had other complaints if they track the batch.

Is it at least vapeable? What if you dumped some fresh VG or PG in to stretch the volume and dilute the concentration a bit?

Now that you've pointed these out, I guess those could be some of the reasons why it became that way.
And, yes, it was still vapeable though the throat hit was more than I'm comfortable with. :sad: I was thinking of adding something to it, but not really sure if I should just go ahead and do that.

But, YES, great suggestion! I DID add some VG to it yesterday and... voila! It is back in my line of daily juices and much more enjoyable to vape on than it was a couple of days ago. Thank you so much! :bliss::stars:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
the nic oxidized

This or it was just a bad batch of Nicotine. I had one Vendor who sent me three bottles of stuff that was so nasty I couldn't vape it. They blamed it on the originals were from a promotion that was made at Zero but the second round was even worse~! I think they gave up on being an e-Liquid manufacturer because I have not seen them around. Name left out to protect the innocent.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Ya know what would be cool is if we could add the nic just before vaping the juice... ;)
Then the juice would still be clear and not have that oxidized nic smell.

If it doesn't have time to infuse it isn't mixed correctly. I used to make a Butterscotch Graham Tobacco from Liquid Barn that stayed clear for weeks. If I shake a bottle and see layers it isn't ready and that is one of the reasons I use clear glass and not colors it is easier to see if it has had enough time to fully infuse.

VU Sponsors