Overheated

ProlineVaper

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
VU Patreon
Does exposure to heat ruin ejuice?

I work in 115-125 degree powder coating booth all day. I usually take a bottle 30ml-50ml of 90%VG DIY ejuice with me every day. I can't use sub ohm tanks due to my juice getting really thin nd leaking through the coil (RBA and drop in alike). I started using my Limitless RDTAs at work and they seem to work ok. However the ventilation system at work is not working now and it's been even hotter than normal. I've noticed that about halfway through the day my juice starts to get a weird fast to it and it don't seem like I am getting as strong of hit. I've also noticed mod and tank are also feeling pretty warm. Its so hot that my phone doesn't even charge due to an overheating error message.

So my question is, does heat cause ejuice to go bad? Is it ok to just cool it down to thicken it up to vape?

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes it can make juice go bad...... some heat can also make some juice better..... but even then over exposure breaks down nicotine and flavorings..... not all the results are bad but some are.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I actually Age and Infuse my DIY e-Liquids with heat around 100°F and have gone to just under 150°F to really speed things up. So in my opinion, NO. But thin e-Liquids, because of the heat will not vape the same. Think vaping at the beach or outside in a Heat Wave. From what I understand Nicotine does not degrade until exposed to over 150°F.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Where do you live that it's so hot your phone won't charge? And are you trying to charge your phone from your mod.. heat will make it go bad eventually from my understanding. But i think it's more the nicotine. what kind of heat you talking about? I work outside in the sun all day. Then 2 days a week in a factory at 100+ degrees. I've never had it get thin enough to mess up my vaping.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

ProlineVaper

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
VU Patreon
I live in Dayton, Ohio. It's not the outside temp I'm talking about, its the temp at the powder coating factory where I work. And no I wasn't charging phone with mod...I tried charging it with wall outlet.
Where do you live that it's so hot your phone won't charge? And are you trying to charge your phone from your mod.. heat will make it go bad eventually from my understanding. But i think it's more the nicotine. what kind of heat you talking about? I work outside in the sun all day. Then 2 days a week in a factory at 100+ degrees. I've never had it get thin enough to mess up my vaping.

ProlineVaper

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
VU Patreon
Normally between 115-125 degrees. But ventilation system isn't working lately and its even hotter. We can't run floor fan due to possible contamination of paint powder.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Man that's hot. I have no answers for you unfortunately. Sorry. Not much juice can get thicker than 90vg

VU Sponsors