overrated

galsvapetoo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I was extremely disappointed when I tried unicorns milk at my local vape shop last Saturday. I was on my stingray and plume veil. I thought everyone raves about this liquid so I'm gonna give it a try and maybe buy a bottle. heck no! It was bland. I didn't feel it had any great qualities over other cheap vapes. Super overrated

VapinMoody

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I was extremely disappointed when I tried unicorns milk at my local vape shop last Saturday. I was on my stingray and plume veil. I thought everyone raves about this liquid so I'm gonna give it a try and maybe buy a bottle. heck no! It was bland. I didn't feel it had any great qualities over other cheap vapes. Super overrated

I have to agree.....I have been vaping strickly all my DIY juices for 7-months now. Thought I needed to try some "good" juice and bought a 15mil bottle......bland and just OK....I have made juices with 3 times the flavor in a similar type juices........I am glad I saw this thread, I was beginning to think my taste buds were off...lol

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I vaped diy solely for over a year.
Found it easier to adjust my personal flavor.
I have been enjoying the hell out of the levithan liquids I won tho.

galsvapetoo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I haven't tried diy because I honestly don't have the patience or the time. And it's like all the liquids people rave about and I've tried are like so bland. Don't get me wrong I think there are great vapes out there. I do like the cuttwood sugar bear it's like vaping a snickerdoodle but the unicorns milk was so lame. I'm not paying that much for something that tastes like nothing

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Since I am constantly cooking for mom i have to walk a fine balance of flavor, nutrient load and textures.
Honestly is tougher than it sounds, so I have constant flavors running through my head.

Dr3d

Yes. What was the question?
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't know from unicorn milk, but ... I do know that a juice is likely tuned to a vaping style. Meaning: the flavor will be impacted by the wattage thrown at the coil. You tried it with a mech, so if your build is high resistance or your battery was weak, you weren't pushing a lot of power at the juice. This is just something to consider. You need to find the sweet spot that the designer had in mind.

galsvapetoo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've thought about but if I do I will only ask for help from you guys :D a lot of people here seem very knowledgeable on the diy topic

galsvapetoo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I don't know from unicorn milk, but ... I do know that a juice is likely tuned to a vaping style. Meaning: the flavor will be impacted by the wattage thrown at the coil. You tried it with a mech, so if your build is high resistance or your battery was weak, you weren't pushing a lot of power at the juice. This is just something to consider. You need to find the sweet spot that the designer had in mind.
Yeah that's true. And I am really weird when it comes to flavors on anything honestly like food wise even. And is your name after the movie judge dredd? I love that movie

Dr3d

Yes. What was the question?
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nope ... I was Dred long before Judge Dredd. Think Dred as in dredlock. I know it isn't clear from my propic 'cause that pic was taken earlier this year, toward the tail end of a 6 year lock free experiment. That said, the locks are back and someone will take a pic I like eventually.

Rather than edit in the part of the last post I should have included ... I'll just ad that if a flavor profile doesn't taste good to you or doesn't match your vaping style - more money in your pocket. Some juice makers do manage to create juices that work across a broad spectrum of vaping styles.

galsvapetoo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ah and just as a side note my boyfriend entered a beard contest last September and one guy had a dreaded beard all the way to the floor it was so bad ass

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Ah and just as a side note my boyfriend entered a beard contest last September and one guy had a dreaded beard all the way to the floor it was so bad ass
But how stank was his funk aura?
Seems the locked haired people around here come in two flavors.. yes flavors they both stink so fucking bad you are chewing on it.
The flavors are.
Afrocentric hair care products not for euro hair.. it takes on burnt rubber, cat piss and BO scent.
or sandlewood, patchouli, bo and weed.

galsvapetoo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I dunno honestly didn't get to close to the guy but I would imagine it stank like a Cincinnati hobo outside the reds stadium

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I dunno honestly didn't get to close to the guy but I would imagine it stank like a Cincinnati hobo outside the reds stadium
Yeah, I've been to that stadium in the dead heat of the summer sun. That's not good.

But how stank was his funk aura?
Seems the locked haired people around here come in two flavors.. yes flavors they both stink so fucking bad you are chewing on it.
The flavors are.
Afrocentric hair care products not for euro hair.. it takes on burnt rubber, cat piss and BO scent.
or sandlewood, patchouli, bo and weed.
I now understand the down-side of smell-o-vision, internet style.

galsvapetoo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It's funny the hobos there have always scared me even as a kid I could remember thinking why would you want to look so dirty and smell bad. I didn't know back than that they were homeless. But at least you know hobos are consistent I swear the one dude that sits out there has been there for like 20 years

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Honestly back on topic.
I know what you mean about over rated, I have tried a few from 5 pawns and none of them made me go :eek:h this is good!" but made me go "holy fuck how am I getting this shit out of my atty!" Some enjoy it I sure as hell do not.
Tried a couple melon vapes that made me gag and nearly puke.
Even tried some Jimmy the juiceman and did not enjoy the vape.

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
There are many, many overrated juices... I have over 1.6 liters of CRAP sitting in my vape juice box all from 'this is the best!' vendors.. I pretty much just stick to Ethervape now..

Married 2 The 7

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
New here. Tried Unicorn Milk and have LOVED it since the first taste. I love anything strawberries and it is perfect. Taste just like Strawberry Milk. Would love to know if there is anything better out there that comes close to the same flavor but I'm sure there is.

Scooby

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
:(:(:)
Damnnn my favorite juice. Vaping it right now actually

galsvapetoo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I dunno maybe I'm flavor weird. I think the only vapes that are hard for me to do our tobacco flavors those are the only ones that make me gag. Other than that I mean I haven't had anything bad tasting. It's just disappointing when there are way better e liquids out there. Trying to type on my kindle and now I'm just getting pissed lol it's interfering with vaping

Last edited:
Yea, I try to not to vape anything "big branded" I.e. Suicide Bunny, 5 Pawns, Boosted, High Voltage and etc. I'm just not a fan I think its overrated juice in a fancy casing or bottle or whatever. I love small time stuff. I personally stick with the De-Ja Juice Line bottled by Vapolocity

wally

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Sometimes I wonder if some people ever really had a good vape. I diy and sell but it has to be all day vape and friends have to rave about it or I chuck it even if it is good.

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Sometimes I wonder if some people ever really had a good vape. I diy and sell but it has to be all day vape and friends have to rave about it or I chuck it even if it is good.
Ive had some good flavors from local shops & really bad ones from local shops & everywhere. From the best I can tell the quality of ingredients makes all the difference in the world.

Married 2 The 7

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I just bought VapeOHolic Pink Milky and used it on a new coil and clean tank. I let it soak for about 30 min before use but it kinda taste like metal in the after taste. A little dry when hitting it and have a hint of what it is supposed to taste like but fades away fast. Vapor is awesome but the taste isn't all there. Is it how it's supposed to be or could it be I have a bad coil? Just wondering if I should go back and ask..

wally

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Your right Quality. I make complex with usually no more than 3 to 4 % for the main ingredients and 0.025% to curve the flavors. Usually no more than 3 days needed for steeping and 12 to taste best. I see so many using 10 15% with 30 or more days for steeping to get it to tone down.

NTexas

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
When I was vaping an evod I could not tell a difference between Mt Baker / EC Blend and so on and premium. Now that I vape around 20w those juices taste like perfume or chemicals. I have only found 1 "non premium" juice that holds up at 20w. Caramel Creme by Open Source Vapor. I recently ordered my favorite from mt baker to see if evap and steeping would help it out. I left the lid off for 2 days and it is now steeping. Ill probably try it in a week or two.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I found this flavor to be entirely too weak for me too. My DIY Berry custard kicks its ass.

If you tried it, I think you'd find DIY to be less of a hassle than you think. I can make 8 30ml bottles (PITA! Getting 8 oz bottles to fill from) in a half hour, start to finish including clean up.

Just find a recipe or two that looks good, order your ingredients, and saaaaave moneeeeeey. That's why I started in the first place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cigbuyer

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
The summary of the story... flavor preferences vary and you can't judge a product by price alone. Sure... a lot of so-called "premium" products are highly overrated, but there are lots of others that are simply OUTSTANDING. Likewise, a lot of "cheap" e-juice is horrible, while some is pretty tasty. The key is to shop around and do plenty of taste testing.

I will say that I've found a lot more un-vapable flavors at low-cost e-juice suppliers than "premium" ones. Cheap e-juice often comes in dozens (or hundreds!) of different varieties, so there's a lot more to sort through. The flavors are often simplified and less refined, meaning you have to steep, mix, and experiment more to make them taste right. Personally, I'd prefer to pay a little extra and leave the fine-tuning to someone else. Obviously, there are exceptions to the rule, but in general, paying a little more often has some benefits. It's all a matter of preference...

Haven't tried Unicorns Milk yet... how does it compare to Mother's Milk (Suicide Bunny)? Sounds pretty similar. Right now Seduce Juice is my go-to e-juice supplier - moderately priced with an excellent assortment of premium flavors. Snake Oil is worth the hype (IMO). I also dig Jezebel...

VU Sponsors