Become a Patron!

Overwhelmed

Thank you guys a ton! Right after I posted this I decided I couldn't stand the suspense any longer and went to a vape shop. I tried a few different ones and could definitely tell how much I liked some and not others. I really liked the mini iStick by MyVapors. Good? I tried a few of the flavors there too and liked them but I don't have much to compare to at this point. I asked the guy if they were clean, only containing PG, vegetable glycerin and nicotine and he said all the ones they carried were that way and made and sourced (except tobacco in some are sourced in Italy) in USA. The flavors I liked were the following brands: F1 (drip this vape), SXR (smoke crossroads), and Hezeh (? Hard to read. Fusion 1 labs.). I can't tell if the first names are the brands or lines but what I put in parenthesis were the websites on the bottles.

Great to know that there are organic options out there too. Everything we eat and use is organic if possible. I'm a nut about locally sourced, naturally grown/made, and organic products. Smoking cigs has no place in my life but I just can't seem to quit and stay quit!! I've been smoking on and off since I was 9 (truly started when I was 14) so that's 21 years of smoking being a part of my life. It's always been something that I identified with, even if that sounds silly, and something that connects me to the "old" me. The bad girl who skipped school and defied all authority. Now I'm a stay at home mom who is an avid gardener, homeschooler, and almost homesteader. So smoking feels like a piece of me that will be hard to let go of, no matter how much I love my life now. So there's the psychology behind it ;)

So if the one I'm looking at isn't any of your recommendations I will check out the ones yall have mentioned. If it is, then I'm getting it ASAP!! How much do you vape at one time to get a cigarettes worth, assuming I get the 18mg and have it on the lowest settings to begin with?

I'm glad I decided to post. You guys seems like a great bunch. I may get into this as a hobby just to join such a nice group of people!
I use to Vape 50/pg 50/vg for a couple months then switched to 95.8% vg by searching on line in my state because I found that vaping VG is much more satisfying smooth on my throat and way more clouds to Vape and tast so much sweeter..the pg sometimes seemed to make some juices tast some what stail and unpleasant to enjoy but now I found a Vape shop that will make it for me and my daughter right on the spot when we drop in to purchase our e juice me and my daughter have been vaping over 4 yrs now..and when we first started out the devices wernt giving out such a nice tast compared to the devices we have upgraded to vaping on now me and my daughter always used kangertech since day one then we moved ego one mini now we have settled on the subox nano and so far I will tell you the mod boxes are way better to start off with when coming from smoking cigarette's to vaping then going straight to a Vape pen and regular tank..so you defiantly did good by choosing the istick mini if that's what you chose to go with..the mod boxes in my opinion help better with coming off cigarette's then vape Pen's especially if your use to smoking a lot more than a average smoker....anyway..good luck with your vaping hope it helps you stop smoking like it has helped so many of us out hear!!

Last edited:

Woodsman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
hey! New here and I signed up because I'm overwhelmed. I've been looking into e cigs and vaporizers for a while and I'm getting more and more confused. I'm sure it's all relatively simple once you get used to it, but for now it isn't! So here's what I need to know:

I want to quit smoking (pack a day) and eventually work my way down to not even vaping. I also want a device made of the highest quality ingredients-can't find solid answers on which materials those need to be. And I want the liquid to be super clean and made/sourced in USA. I'm not going to be picky about size/weight/looks/price etc. of the e cig or vaporizer. I've also heard talk about PG free liquids. Why? And where can I find them if that is recommended?

So, someone please tell me which one I need to buy, where I can find the highest quality liquid, and what ratios I should start with. The more I look, the more questions I have. I'm ok with working out the other preferences later. I just want to quit smoking now! Should I just pop into a vape shop or is that not always a reliable source?

Thanks a bunch!!!
Velvet Cloud is highest quality juice.
The Kabuki tank seems like a clean choice even though I haven't tried it.
A Provari mod might be to your liking.

Woodsman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Velvet Cloud is highest quality juice.
The Kabuki tank seems like a clean choice even though I haven't tried it.
A Provari mod might be to your liking.
More: the Kabuki uses a Nautilus coil, not high VG friendly...BUT the newer "larger hole" coil is high VG friendly. So, I think that a Provari and Kabuki with Velvet Cloud juice would indeed fulfill all your criteria.

pescadore

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good point. I'm liking this one but I'm still struggling with the juice. I want organic 100% VG and the two I've tried so far...ehh. Trying another brand but if I don't like that one then I'll try my hand at making my own!

The PG is what carries your flavor in the juice so 100% VG juice is not going to have the flavor you are wanting. I find that with 80/20 or 85/15 high VG juice has enough PG to give good flavor and I don't get the big throat hit that I don't care for.

RedDirtTrooper

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
There are very, very few pure VG juices. Most flavors and often the nicotine come in a PG based solution. So even MAX vg liquids are just that, the maximum VG they can get after adding the flavoring and nicotine. Also, the more VG, the less bright your flavors. PG tends to deliver the best flavor, while VG tends to deliver more vapor. You also can mute your throat hit with too little PG, but past 15-20% PG it doesn't really have much impact. You really are better off looking for the ratio that satisfies you best on those fronts rather than just jumping to 100% VG juices out of some mistaken idea that they are better.

Also, VG is much thicker than PG, tanks don't feed it as well unless they are designed with it in mind.

I recommend new vapors start with 50/50 and consider how their vape would be better and adjust from there. You want more vapor? Increase VG. You want more flavor? Increase PG. More throat hit? Up your nicotine. Just keep in mind, you push higher in one direction and you lose in the other.

Most people running 80% or higher VG juice are using sub ohm devices and tanks with enormous juice flow to keep up with it or specialized dripping atomizers. We can use low nicotine and lots of VG and still get flavor and throat hit because the sheer POWER we pour into it makes up for the downsides. On the smaller non enthusiast devices that is simply not the case.

Woodsman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Velvet Cloud thins their VG with distilled water. The product is much thinner than pure VG.
I think the original poster has left the thread.
No matter...

VU Sponsors