Become a Patron!

Owner stoped vaping due to cloud duster

wally

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Restaurant owner stops vapors vaping in his restaurant due to woman with two small children complaining about a cloud chaser blowing huge clouds. Owner which I might add is a vapor said that this has happened two times and he just can't take any more chances loosing customers due with some people pushing the limits. So now no vaping aloud in his restaurant and he his employees and customers have to go outside to vape. I have to agree, so what do you think about people abusing vaping? Oh forgot to mention he also said two other stores were planning on doing the same thing due to the same situation. What are we going to do with these idiots ruining it for us. Now I have to go elsewhere to enjoy coffee with my vape.

Iamme

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I am not a cloud chaser, I do not do competitions. I do like big clouds though. There is a time and place for it. Public places isn't one of them. If you're in an out door smoking area, maybe, but unless it is a spot where vapers meet and the owner knows and gives the ok. There is no reason to blow clouds that big. Most of us tried to be considerate smokers, do the same with vaping. I will blow clouds in the smoke pit at school, but we're out side and really I could give a shit what smokers think. It is bad enough I have to go there to vape. My vapor isn't hurting them and they don't blow their smoke the other way. Most get a kick out of it anyway. The others are grumpy people who should go dig a hole.

Slicknic

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
What are we going to do with these idiots ruining it for us

The ignorant ones can be educated by us.
The stupid cannot be helped.
The assholes need a humbling experience.

:D

Some people just cannot empathise with others and cannot be made to think of anyone but themselves, sadly.

Last edited:

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
What? Did you think vaping would be different than smoking?

People push the limits of behavior for nothing other than the sake of pushing the limits. They don't care, they are selfish.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Personally I don't want anyone's vape mingling in the air over my $24 steak.

Here's a little story though. Back in the day when there were "smoking sections" I use to go to this nice Swedish restaurant called Ann Sathers. Their smoking section was the front room, dimly lit, nice tables with a big warm fireplace center room. Their "non-smoking" section was in the back, a brightly lit area with long tables that was reminiscent of a high school lunch room. Naturally, I always requested a seat in the smoking section even though I didn't smoke at the time. After a few times they caught on, and a waitress came up to the table where me and my friend were sitting and informed us that if we wanted to sit there we "had" to smoke. I told her I am a smoker, but I just don't feel like having one at the moment. She insisted we HAD to smoke if we wanted to sit there. This was so preposterous that we ended up just laughing at her.

True story.

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Personally I don't want anyone's vape mingling in the air over my $24 steak.

Here's a little story though. Back in the day when there were "smoking sections" I use to go to this nice Swedish restaurant called Ann Sathers. Their smoking section was the front room, dimly lit, nice tables with a big warm fireplace center room. Their "non-smoking" section was in the back, a brightly lit area with long tables that was reminiscent of a high school lunch room. Naturally, I always requested a seat in the smoking section even though I didn't smoke at the time. After a few times they caught on, and a waitress came up to the table where me and my friend were sitting and informed us that if we wanted to sit there we "had" to smoke. I told her I am a smoker, but I just don't feel like having one at the moment. She insisted we HAD to smoke if we wanted to sit there. This was so preposterous that we ended up just laughing at her.

True story.
Thats a crazy ass story. But it also rings true to life way back when. I remember such settings in resturants back in the day.

Cloud chasers in public, especially in confined areas that are not vape shops are assholes. Agree with you all. They are just ruining it for everyone.

Last edited:

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
It's just the way some people are. They HAVE to be jerks about what they are doing.

When I was a smoker, I didn't blow my smoke in people's face. I did not smoke someplace that forced other people to breathe my death cloud. I had manners, and had concern with other's feelings. Nothing you could do about the RABID anti smoker, but I still had consideration for others.

People are getting FAR more rude these days. As one pointed out in another thread about under age kids pissing on about their "right" to vape, we have this issue in society because people do NOT abide by manners much anymore. One time, those kids would have seen the back side of Mom's hand, or felt the crack of Dad's belt.
Instead though, Nanny government will step in and make law, where manners once were. We don't, as a general rule, have manners as a society anymore.

Browncoat

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Vape Media
Personally, I never once thought an added benefit would be that I would get to vape indoors while in public. I didn't pick up on this hoping that I would be able to sit in a restaurant and vape, for example. Especially now that I have moved into RDAs and unregulated mods. I don't frequent drinking establishments or where indoor vaping might be more acceptable in my area, so I haven't tested those waters yet. But in a restaurant? No. Wouldn't even try it.

I'll even go one further and say we should take the opposite approach. We should approach owners of these establishments and ask if it's okay first. Possibly even petition to have a vaping section added, as opposed to just assuming that we have the right to vape simply because it's not technically a cigarette.

Iamme

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I do not have a issue not vaping indoors. Unless I is a bar then going out side is redickerus. They should sell throw away behind the counter. In a Ohio winter they would sell like hotcakes

pony

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
i cant argue with the logic. usually as long as youre not making an ass of yourself most people dont have too much of a problem with the vape.
i have been known to vape when im out with the mrs but i try to think of the folks around me. something that smells nice to me may not to someone else and who wants someones clouds rolling into their family time?
i turn down the volume and take shorter pulls and hold them longer. when i exhale i blow under the table to help keep it away from other tables. olive garden,applebees and tgifridays have all been fine with me vaping. no one has asked me to not.
however, chillies and buffalo wild wings will ask you to leave.

mike-c

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I agree with all of you. Vaping is for many non-smokers is not as offensive as smoking. Most will compliment the smell and go on their way if you're respectable about it.

However, there are people that just want to gripe about something too. I was in my local b&m holding a coil building session with some of the newer drip heads. This lady came in and was completely rude about the vapor in the air. How can you expect to go in a VAPE SHOP and not expect to see vapor in the air?! That's like going to a strip club and complaining about nudity. She bout an ego blister pack and a huge bottle of juice and was still cursing on her way out the door.

Some people just need to complain to feel good about themselves I guess. We do owe it to society to be respectful with our vaping though. I never drip indoors at a public place. And if I do need to take a pull off it, I blow it straight down so it won't bother anyone.

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Human nature is to complain about everything and anything imaginable, even if it means going out of the way just to complain about something that has nothing to do with you nor any effect on you at all.

wally

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yea, when I vape somewhere indoors I will double inhale and blow down hardly any vapor if any.

Deluxe ejuice com

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Like you guys have already mentioned.... there's always going to be "those" people who will ruin it for everyone else. I can't find a restaurant in my town that allows vaping indoors anymore. I have to go outside to vape along side with the smokers. Even though I don't smoke anymore, I sure do feel like I still do with all the stigma associated with vaping lately.

mike-c

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm not allergic to pg but it doesUOTE="Hobby Kid, post: 241804, member: 286"]this is why i stealth vape a high pg ratio. no one need ever know[/QUOTE]

I'm not allergic to pg but it sure does play havoc with my sinuses. I vape a 70vg/30pg mix. So I usually try to keep a higher mg of nic on hand for just that sort of occasion. I just try to minimize the visible result when it counts.

Not sure what happened with the quote. Sorry, I'm doing this from my phone.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm in LA county, and we can only vape where smoking is allowed. Treasure being somewhere where this is not the case, but with the current association of vaping with smoking this is not likely to last imo.

Deluxe ejuice com

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Hey AmandaD,

Love your signature. I would love to get something like that. Especially with the money saved from not smoking part. That is so cool!

Yep, enjoy it if you still got it. I hate to say it, but we are going to have every rule placed on us that smokers do.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Cloud chasers with asshole attitudes have ruined it for other vapers in the local bars and establishments where I live. For an owner who vapes to ban vaping in his establishment, he's doing it for his customers, not to fuck off the cloud chasing assholes. I've confronted cloud chasers at a local bar before and asked them to tone it down a bit and got an earful of shit from them. Finding a bar that allows vaping is now a rarity. Cloud chasers who act like entitled pricks go on to bitch about the owners hatin' n discriminanatin', they brought this stuff on their selves and all other vapers with their asshole entitlement attitudes.

I chase clouds and enjoy it. My goal isn't to force my ways on others, its to keep off of tobacco.

RoccoV

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Human nature is to complain about everything and anything imaginable, even if it means going out of the way just to complain about something that has nothing to do with you nor any effect on you at all.
I disagree with this statement. It is not in my nature or most people I know. I believe that it has more to do with the entitlement culture that has been fostered and fueled by social media. As for the chasers ruining it for the responsible I recall a phrase from a good old boy from Kansas, "There are more horses asses then horses in the world". Enjoy the day!:cool:

wally

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Like you guys have already mentioned.... there's always going to be "those" people who will ruin it for everyone else. I can't find a restaurant in my town that allows vaping indoors anymore. I have to go outside to vape along side with the smokers. Even though I don't smoke anymore, I sure do feel like I still do with all the stigma associated with vaping lately.

Wow here in Louisville ky, Most restaurants, stores like walmart ect allow vaping I figured it was the same everywhere.

pony

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I agree with all of you. Vaping is for many non-smokers is not as offensive as smoking. Most will compliment the smell and go on their way if you're respectable about it.

However, there are people that just want to gripe about something too. I was in my local b&m holding a coil building session with some of the newer drip heads. This lady came in and was completely rude about the vapor in the air. How can you expect to go in a VAPE SHOP and not expect to see vapor in the air?! That's like going to a strip club and complaining about nudity. She bout an ego blister pack and a huge bottle of juice and was still cursing on her way out the door.

Some people just need to complain to feel good about themselves I guess. We do owe it to society to be respectful with our vaping though. I never drip indoors at a public place. And if I do need to take a pull off it, I blow it straight down so it won't bother anyone.
some people just prefer to be angry

pony

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Wow here in Louisville ky, Most restaurants, stores like walmart ect allow vaping I figured it was the same everywhere.
in ohio its up to the proprietor. they didnt include vaping with the indoor smoking ban (yet) so theres no law that says you cant. but at the same time theres no law that says they have to allow it.

ConcreteBob

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thats a crazy ass story. But it also rings true to life way back when. I remember such settings in resturants back in the day.

Cloud chasers in public, especially in confined areas that are not vape shops are assholes. Agree with you all. They are just ruining it for everyone.
I cloud chase regularly, but unless I specifically have the permission of the staff, I don't even use my aerotank in a public place. I see people vaping in Walmart, and I wouldn't. But you can smoke in bars in my state, and I blow clouds with gusto

Chuck H.

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Restaurant owner stops vapors vaping in his restaurant due to woman with two small children complaining about a cloud chaser blowing huge clouds. Owner which I might add is a vapor said that this has happened two times and he just can't take any more chances loosing customers due with some people pushing the limits. So now no vaping aloud in his restaurant and he his employees and customers have to go outside to vape. I have to agree, so what do you think about people abusing vaping? Oh forgot to mention he also said two other stores were planning on doing the same thing due to the same situation. What are we going to do with these idiots ruining it for us. Now I have to go elsewhere to enjoy coffee with my vape.
I think that vapors should be considerate and respectful of non vapors and certainly respect places of business and their customers if we aren't it puts all vapors in a bad light !!! JMO

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Cloud chasers with asshole attitudes have ruined it for other vapers in the local bars and establishments where I live. For an owner who vapes to ban vaping in his establishment, he's doing it for his customers, not to fuck off the cloud chasing assholes. I've confronted cloud chasers at a local bar before and asked them to tone it down a bit and got an earful of shit from them. Finding a bar that allows vaping is now a rarity. Cloud chasers who act like entitled pricks go on to bitch about the owners hatin' n discriminanatin', they brought this stuff on their selves and all other vapers with their asshole entitlement attitudes.

I chase clouds and enjoy it. My goal isn't to force my ways on others, its to keep off of tobacco.
Same in Texas and now I am seeing here in Illinois time and place what gets me is some of these people that are cloud chasers really arent real vapers I like to explore the social aspects of vaping start conversations asking questions some of these people only blow clouds haha its kinda funny and sad I asked one guy night before last that was just blowing gigantic clouds on this insane quad 26650 box yes your heard right.. I said what flavor is that? He said "Flavor I dont taste any flavors" hahaha it was insane

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I vape 7mg in my tank but carry a tank with 10 or 12 mg in public places to vape less and stealth vape more or less. That is, I move away from people in general. I also do not vape at all in front of kids if they could smell it because I'm usually vaping something fruity that smells yummy. I don't think it's cool for kids to be smelling yummy clouds. If I'm vapng a tobacco vape, I don't worry so much about it.

I won't lie. I still like the smell of cigs. No desire to smoke any more but the smoking does not bother me.

Fruity, sweet vapes can be overwhelming. The room I spend more time vaping in at home does have a sickly sweet, fruity smell to it. I can see some people being put off by it in a public setting. I didn't realize how off putting it could be until I walked into a vape shop with some cloud chasers testing flavors. It was too much.

I'm fine with not vaping in a restaurant. My delicious vape might not be appealing to others. That said, I have a hard time not saying anything to the lady with makeup caked on her face an inch thick and a bottle of perfume sprayed on thick. It gives me a migraine huffing that floral cloud. I always bite my tongue instead of asking, "Excuse me, ma'am. Do you know that you could save money on perfume if you'd use a bar of soap to get rid of your funk instead of trying to cover it"?

angus67

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
if im stuck in a retuarant ,I just hit the bathroom, and hang out. when im out and about, I blow down and hard. No need to draw attention.
Bunch of show-offs. Im not a cloud chaser, maybe ill become one, but for now, my I stick and mini nautilus and me go hand in hand.

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No kids where I am at. I will wait till I am alone on a store isle and blow a hell of a cloud straight up for grins. Freaks store people out. They think someone is smoking in their store. I can smell smoke 100' away. Juice lasts just seconds in the air. After a while they think their trippin'! ;)

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

Me n my mom are the only vapers in my family, but mom smokes real ones still too, trying to get her a better tank so maybe she'll kick the stinkings all together. Neither of us cloud chase or are annoying with it. I do not get out much, but alot of my friends on Facebook are disgusted with d bag vapers who brag all the time about how big their mod is and blow clouds everywhere. Sure I'll try to educate smokers mostly because everyone I talk to says vaping gives u pneumonia cuz its going in your lungs and its so much worse for u blah blah. I won't blow it in folks faces or make a big scene about it. Wish the d bags didnt make the rest of us look bad.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Mr Bungle

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Me n my mom are the only vapers in my family, but mom smokes real ones still too, trying to get her a better tank so maybe she'll kick the stinkings all together. Neither of us cloud chase or are annoying with it. I do not get out much, but alot of my friends on Facebook are disgusted with d bag vapers who brag all the time about how big their mod is and blow clouds everywhere. Sure I'll try to educate smokers mostly because everyone I talk to says vaping gives u pneumonia cuz its going in your lungs and its so much worse for u blah blah. I won't blow it in folks faces or make a big scene about it. Wish the d bags didnt make the rest of us look bad.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Truth. It is the irresponsible and immature vapers (call it for what it is...posers) that are painting the rest of us in a bad light. Only time will tell with public acceptance, and to what limits vaping in public establishments are allowed. Most people get alarmed by the cloud-chasers though, and I agree with the consensus that it's uncalled for in most instances in close quarters with a mixed crowd. Reminds me of when they used to allow smoking on planes.

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I might blow it in someone's face so they can smell it, if they so desire. I just don't see the need for being a dick about it. We didn't blow smoke in people's faces back in the day, did we? Same rules as smoking apply IMHO, except I do vape indoors & at family functions, with mostly smokers who it doesn't bother anyway.

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I might blow it in someone's face so they can smell it, if they so desire. I just don't see the need for being a dick about it. We didn't blow smoke in people's faces back in the day, did we? Same rules as smoking apply IMHO, except I do vape indoors & at family functions, with mostly smokers who it doesn't bother anyway.
I find a beer bottle or pool que works wonders when explaining the finer part of behavior to some that don't quite understand. Only as a plan when others fail.

MD_Boater

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I vape everywhere I want to. Sometimes, I take really small hits and exhale them into my shirt. Other times, I just hold them entirely and exhale next to nothing. The men's room always works. I hate to see folks screwing it up for the rest of us, but no matter what laws are passed, I will vape wherever I damn well please.

The non smokers reveled in their success in getting us pushed outside. Now, they are just upset because we have found a way to bring ourselves out into the open. Screw them. If I occasionally get kicked out of a restaurant or get a ticket from LE, so what? I actually go out of my way to stealth vape wherever vaping is prohibited.

We are not second class citizens because we vape. All of this anti-vaping shit is BS and based solely on the fact that the ANTZ had thought they won the war, and a new army showed up.

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Something embarrassing happened to me earlier:

I went to a bar with a couple of friends for a drink. I had never been to that place, didn't know the owners, and the place felt like one of these "classy" joints full of grumpy old rich people who like to bitch and moan about everything.

So I pulled out my smaller mod and started stealth-vaping. At some point, out of habit, I absentmindedly launched into a full-blown lung hit. By the time I realized I shouldn't be doing that, it was too late: I had a lungful of vapor ready to come out as a big-ass cloud!

I withheld my breath for as long as possible, and then tried to exhale very, very slowly under the table. But despite my efforts, it probably didn't work all that well, as I found myself being stared at by half a dozen angry silverheads when I looked up. Oops :)

Razaiel177

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Word of the day fellow vapors... consideration. I'm not a cloud chaser but I do find myself belting out a plume on those occasions where I haven't been able to take a toke for a few hours. With that being said, I would never blow out a hurricane cloud in a confined space or in a restaurant with total disregard to the other people there. Just like when I smoked a cig.. I wouldn't blow my smoke in their face. IF you can wait til you're done with ur meal, pay your tab, then go outside to light one, there should b no difference with ur vape. Consideration ppl.. to quote the food lion mascot... that's just my two cents

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Word of the day fellow vapors... consideration. I'm not a cloud chaser but I do find myself belting out a plume on those occasions where I haven't been able to take a toke for a few hours. With that being said, I would never blow out a hurricane cloud in a confined space or in a restaurant with total disregard to the other people there. Just like when I smoked a cig.. I wouldn't blow my smoke in their face. IF you can wait til you're done with ur meal, pay your tab, then go outside to light one, there should b no difference with ur vape. Consideration ppl.. to quote the food lion mascot... that's just my two cents

Thank YOU!

It's good to see people with common sense and manners.

VU Sponsors