VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
As long as you are not Sub-ohm'ing that should be fine. Be sure to check the specs on that mod for whether you need button top of flat top.

burn done

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks.

The question for the future.

Which battery would you recommend for Sub-ohm'ing ?

Slurp812

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
On a regulated mod, its the wattage setting, not the load. a 30 watt mod wont use more than a 10 amp battery can supply. Id still use a better battery in there anyway, especially if you chain vape.

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The YIHI SX130 chip shows a maximum input/output current of 13 amps so it wouldn't be ideal. You wouldn't be making those kinds of demands on it at those resistances but I'd go with something that at least meets or preferably exceeds the limit of the chipset.

Slurp812

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Watt setting would determine battery current. Not the build. If set my mod to 30 watts the battery current would be the same with a .5 ohm build as it would with a 2.0 ohm build. Yes, attomizer current would be different.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Just get a samsung 25R and be done with it...its enough battery to venture into .5 ohms with a little safety margin and no questions asked.

That panasonic is maybe all of 6 maybe 7 amps...its a flashlight [email protected] ohm your vape will suck unless you crank up the wattage which then will be pushing the battery to its fullest at all times and thats not a good thing for battery life.

You probably can use it with a 1.2ohm coil but when you go to venture into subohm why do you want to spend for another battery...Just get a good one now and be done with it...Samsung 25R's are less than $6.00 each at liionwholesale.com...If you want to spend less get the LG HE2 batteries for $5.36 i think...Both are a solid 20 amp battery and can take .5 subohm coils with no issues...At 1.2 ohm youll barely be working them.

Last edited:

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just get a samsung 25R and be done with it...its enough battery to venture into .5 ohms with a little safety margin and no questions asked.

That panasonic is maybe all of 6 maybe 7 amps...its a flashlight [email protected] ohm your vape will suck unless you crank up the wattage which then will be pushing the battery to its fullest at all times and thats not a good thing for battery life.

You probably can use it with a 1.2ohm coil but when you go to venture into subohm why do you want to spend for another battery...Just get a good one now and be done with it...Samsung 25R's are less than $6.00 each at liionwholesale.com...If you want to spend less get the LG HE2 batteries for $5.36 i think...Both are a solid 20 amp battery and can take .5 subohm coils with no issues...At 1.2 ohm youll barely be working them.
If you are not using a good battery it just goes dead anyway. Cheap batteries are a bad idea.

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Watt setting would determine battery current. Not the build. If set my mod to 30 watts the battery current would be the same with a .5 ohm build as it would with a 2.0 ohm build. Yes, attomizer current would be different.
The chip adjusts voltage in relation to resistance to produce the wattage setting. The .5 ohm coil at 30 watts would result in 3.87v and a 7.75 amp draw. The 2 ohm coil at 30 watts would result in 7.75v and a 3.87 amp draw. While the chip makes automatic adjustments to achieve a setting and can boost or sometimes buck voltage to get there as well as provide some protections, it doesn't suspend ohm's law, it is in fact based on it.

scotterics

Member For 4 Years
I've got a couple of those batteries in my power bank to recharge my phone....
In my opinion that (or flashlight usage) is what they're good for but that's it...

I wouldn't try to run them to vape on anything

Slurp812

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The chip adjusts voltage in relation to resistance to produce the wattage setting. The .5 ohm coil at 30 watts would result in 3.87v and a 7.75 amp draw. The 2 ohm coil at 30 watts would result in 7.75v and a 3.87 amp draw. While the chip makes automatic adjustments to achieve a setting and can boost or sometimes buck voltage to get there as well as provide some protections, it doesn't suspend ohm's law, it is in fact based on it.
Attomizer current and voltage. Battery current would be the same in both cases. Use ohms law on the battery side. ~3.7 volts times 8.1 amps on the battery side of the regulator. Voltage boost comes at the cost of battery current. Watts = volts times amps.

burn done

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Thanks

Hi, I have a battery Panasonic NCR18650B Rechargeable 3400mAh 3.7V.
Also a mod that output between 0 - 75W maximum, using 1 single battery.
I would like to ask you: what is the safe resistance in Ohms and what is the maximum output settings in wats? ...In order to safe vaping (avoid burning the coil, avoid exploding battery)
Is this battery good for vaping?

Thank you!
Aurelian

Last edited:

hendrikR

Member For 2 Years
With that battery you shouldnt vape with more than 16 watts or you will exceed the battery specification given by the manufacturer.
The ohms are not important while using a reguated mod.

16 watts divided by 3,2 volt (shutdown voltage for most mods) multiplied with 1,2 (20% for mod inefficency) = 6 ampere

The manufacturer says max 6,2 ampere for that battery.
I would suggest using sony vtc5a for a 75w single battery mod

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
With that battery you shouldnt vape with more than 16 watts or you will exceed the battery specification given by the manufacturer.
The ohms are not important while using a reguated mod.

16 watts divided by 3,2 volt (shutdown voltage for most mods) multiplied with 1,2 (20% for mod inefficency) = 6 ampere

The manufacturer says max 6,2 ampere for that battery.
I would suggest using sony vtc5a for a 75w single battery mod
For 18650 battery mods I tend to agree about using the VTC5A as much as possible. Next in line would be the VTC6, but the extra runtime that you can get from the VTC6 is not very often worth the sacrifice IMO... it depends. The voltage sag of the battery does have a noticeable impact on the vape performance. (Even, in a regulated mod.) So, typically, the VTC5A still wins─unless you're vaping at a MUCH lower wattage than 75 watts per battery (like, not really that much more than 40 - 45 watts per battery... and especially if you chain vape). That plus the fact the VTC5A is going to be safer.

Hi, I bought Sony VTC5A, also I set the power to 30 wats. Do you know what should be the resistance in ohms in order to be safe, and also produce high clouds?

Thank you!

Aurelian

hendrikR

Member For 2 Years
The resistance in ohms depends on your preferences. I build my (dual) coils between 0.15 - 0.25 ohms, but I think with regulated mods its not the resistance thats important for clouds, its more about coil mass and airflow. With these coils I tend to vape around 140 watts. What kind of atomizer are you using?

VTC5A can handle up to ~75 - 80 watts (safe maximum) by one battery so you should be safe with any resistance you want to build as long as your mod is able to fire it!

Ohms are getting really important if you use mechanical mods.

Last edited:

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VTC5A can handle up to ~75 - 80 watts (safe maximum) by one battery
A single VTC5A battery can easily handle double that amount if you know what you are doing. I chain vape on the VTC5A in a single 18650 battery tube mech at .1 ohms, and the battery doesn't even get warm unless I excessively keep chain vaping on it, but doing that will only result in my RDA getting so terribly hot it will just kill the flavor almost completely so there's simply no point doing so anyway in the first place. lol

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yeah i know it can handle more. Its just that the manufactuerer says max 35A if you have a temperature control for your batterys. I dont know any mod that can do this.

According to mooch its a 25A battery, but i know it can do some more:

https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/attachments/img_4813-jpg.643937/

Its just that i dont want to promote anything that is out of specs. ;)
CDR = Continuous Discharge Rate. But when we vape we don't discharge the battery continuously so the CDR has nothing to do with how we vape. Instead, we pulse the battery so the time between puffs is what allows the battery to cool down naturally inside our mod after every puff. MVA rating = Maximum Vaping Amps. I tend to call it Monologue Vaping Amps because, no matter how hard Mooch tried to explain what the MVA is for, a lot of people STILL wrongfully use the CDR instead of the MVA in determining safety making it look like maybe Mooch just enjoys talking to himself. ;)

Hi, I would like to ask you:
Let say we have 2 coils: 0.5 Ohms and 1.5 Ohms.
Let say we use same mod, with the same power settings.
Which coil will produce more stress to the battery?

Thank you very much!

Aurelian

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Hi, I would like to ask you:
Let say we have 2 coils: 0.5 Ohms and 1.5 Ohms.
Let say we use same mod, with the same power settings.
Which coil will produce more stress to the battery?

Thank you very much!

Aurelian
The difference will be completely negligible. This in fact is the whole purpose of using a regulated mod, i.e., to make the amps drawn from the battery pretty much solely dependent of the wattage setting in conjunction with the efficiency of the mod. So on a regulated mod, coil resistance doesn't really matter─albeit most regulated mods due to their technical design limitations require a minimum atomizer-coil resistance of, typically, .1 ohms (or .05 ohms in TC mode), and, also due to limitations, they often can't fire coil builds above, say, 3 ohms. You'll typically get an error message if the requirements aren't met. I think cheap regulated mods usually tend to lose their efficiency somewhat if you move closer toward their .1 ohms limit. But they don't waste so much energy (in direct comparison with the wattage output they deliver) that minor variations in their efficiency will matter enough for this to factually matter at all much.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Thank you Carambrda, I will change now my 1.5 coil, because I don't like mouth-to-lung vaping style
1.5 ohms doesn't necessarily always mean it will be mouth-to-lung (MTL) style. It depends on a bunch of factors like how you have constructed your coil, the airflow, and the wattage you vape. Right now in one of my setups I vape at .92 ohms, and, despite this, it is leaning fairly heavily toward a cloud chasing build... mainly due to the very high wattage associated with this particular build.

VU Sponsors