Become a Patron!

Panzer Gas Mask Mod Clone Not Firing

berserkbulgarian

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Video explains it. I just can't get the thing to fire up even though the battery is full charged and there's no rattling whenever you move it up and down.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Did you check your build on a
ohmmeter ? If so what was the resistance?

sent from my XT1080 via Tapatalk

berserkbulgarian

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Dude, then don't build until you get one..
Also study up on ohm's law and how it relates to battery saftey...mechs are dangerous if your build exceeds the amp limits of your battery...

Alright so what should I do with the vape

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Alright so what should I do with the vape
I'd put it up on the shelf for now..and study up on building safely...get a ohmmeter and learn about ohms law...
That's about all I could recommend at this time...saftey first, as I'm sure you don't want to blow your face off if ohms law is not obeyed... Just sayin

berserkbulgarian

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'd put it up on the shelf for now..and study up on building safely...get a ohmmeter and learn about ohms law...
That's about all I could recommend at this time...saftey first, as I'm sure you don't want to blow your face off if ohms law is not obeyed... Just sayin

Damn alright I was really hoping to use it

berserkbulgarian

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
In the meantime there are loads of YouTube videos about building coils..they might even have one for your particular RDA..might take a look..just a thought..

How do i know what my rda is

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What is the name of it? What's it called? Lol

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah it is
I just googled it ...found the mod but the RDA is not listed..sorry, I can't help more until you find out what RDA your trying to build..might take it off the mod, take out the cotton and coil.. Clean it up and post a few pics asking if anybody can tell you the name of your RDA...

berserkbulgarian

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I just googled it ...found the mod but the RDA is not listed..sorry, I can't help more until you find out what RDA your trying to build..might take it off the mod, take out the cotton and coil.. Clean it up and post a few pics asking if anybody can tell you the name of your RDA...

it's above ive never seen anything like it

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
it's above ive never seen anything like it
cb8e8de92a71b868a9734c0141451a64.jpg

Your right..I'm not familiar with that one either..but maybe someone will help us out here...

Seriously man,Get an Ohm meter! My mech mods explode last year because of the same issue..building coil without ohm meter...if you have box mod ... that will be a different story..but seriously if you don't want to lose your finger..Get an Ohm meter

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That is intended to be built with 4 coils, no idea what it is but it wont be much different than any other 4 coil rda.
Problem with that is you should have 4 different air holes in the top cap and ony one will actually be hitting your coil so you will get very muted vapor production.

And 4 coils are no where near appropriate for a new builder to be playing with.

It's already been said, get an ohms reader for safety and also repeatability. If you find that you like a 0.8ohm single coil, it is nice to verify that the next coil you built turned out to be a 0.8ohm coil.

Definitely watch coil building vids and be clean with your install. Don't have the ends of the wire sticking out past the posts and touching the base or anything... cut them off as close as possible.

Start with a 2.5 to 3 mm inside diameter micro coil, easy to make and easy to get the hot spots out of.

To get started and not get frustrated, a regulated mod (digital) which can be found for very cheap now will be a blessing because besides the safety aspect you can adjust the watts to the coil that you ended up building. Instead of having to build the coil to the mechanical mod because you can't change what the battery puts out... only choice is the coil to change how hot or cool you want your vape.
Also one of the newer subtanks on the market (tons of info and reviews about them here @ VU) will be absolutely zero fuss and will produce very good vape and flavor.

Didn't used to be that way, back in the day a no fuss tank gave marginal vape & flavor. If you wanted clouds and tons of flavor you had to use an rda.

Regulated mods used to be big bucks, mechanical was the cost effective way to go. Now the price point has drastically dropped on the box mods so you can pick one up for maybe only twice the cost of a clone mech mod... used to be 10x as much.

You can use your mech too, play around with it, get good at building but you will have a regulated mod with a tank that does not require you to build coils for and can vape any time.

Last edited:

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Like back in the day you spent $150 on a grossly underpowered provari with cave man tech display and controls.
Then you bought a kanger protank for $30 and for about $200 to your door you got something that is nowhere close to the performance of something that can be had for under $50 now.

Something like this http://sweet-vapes.com/apvs/eleaf-istick-47/40-watt-temp-control/eleaf-istick-40-watt-full-kit.html is under $40 for the whole setup to get you going and you can try different subtanks down the road for about $20 a pop. Try your hand at building with a dual coil rda that has a single coil option for ease of building till you get single coil down and work on duals.

Or a little more $ for a better box http://sweet-vapes.com/joyetech-evic-vtc-mini-60w-tc.html
There are a million and one choices but just to point out how good and how cheap they can be.

Lol, just thinking about it... if it were 5 years ago, people would be lining up with crisp $500 bills in hand to get either of those kits. Greek attomizers were going for $300 a pop online and you were one of the blessed if you could actually get one.

Boy how it has changed and the economy of vaping is soooooo much cheaper now.
And juices were crap compared to what's available now... and if inclined the concentrates designed for vaping for instead of food flavorings for DIY

Last edited:

VU Sponsors