Become a Patron!

Parallel coil probs

Dalton801

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Well being the idiot I am, I built a parallel coil onto my stillare clone, dripped some uncle junks on that bitch and hit the button....
That sucker chucked vapor.
It chucked without the cap on. My whole room was foggy.
I got excited and ran to my girlfriend to show her.
I clicked the button again...

And it burst into fucking flames.
I didn't even puff it yet! How the hell do I keep it from blowing fire into my mouth?!

Sully

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Need airflow to keep the coils cool brother!! At least that's the first thing that comes to mind when I read this. Shouldn't catch fire if your wicks are saturated and your pulling plenty of air over the coils.

Dalton801

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hmm, makes sense! I'm too afraid to take a puff though! I'll just blow onto the coil as I push the button to see if it does catch fire.

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
maybe you need more juice on it. a parallel will be low.
it can dry up the build in just one hit.

Dalton801

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
maybe you need more juice on it. a parallel will be low.
it can dry up the build in just one hit.

Some thick ass juice too. I really like this coil. I find myself to be a closet cloud chaser. I'm going to take all this advice into account and try again.
Also, I used 21 gauge kanthal, is there any other gauge that any of you would recommend?

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
LOL I consider low sub ohm below .25. My duel 22 ga is .24.. so a parallel 21 ga.. you are what .18 to .2 on the ohms?
I hope ya got a good battery.
Wick it up and try that fire up again... it should be good to go.

Or rewrap with a thinner wire. 24-28 ga should get ya lower without putting to much of a fuss.

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Some thick ass juice too. I really like this coil. I find myself to be a closet cloud chaser. I'm going to take all this advice into account and try again.
Also, I used 21 gauge kanthal, is there any other gauge that any of you would recommend?
you just have to play around with different thicknesses until you learn to build an ideal set up. if i were you i'd order a few different gauges to test out. my genesis atomisers used to flare when i first started rebuilding. if your ohms are too low you're gonna shorten the life of your tank as you'll eventually damage the insulator, and possible the mod it's fitted to. you can go higher guage, perhaps 26awg and make a double or twisted gauge from them. riptrippers has a couple of videos making it, one is quite recent as well.

Twisted 28 Gauge Micro Coil

this is using a high gauge Triple Twisted 32 Gauge Micro Coil

here's something interesting Vaping Tips: How To Straighten Kanthal Wire

there are others such as the tiger coil etc

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
And it burst into fucking flames.
I didn't even puff it yet! How the hell do I keep it from blowing fire into my mouth?!

Jesus man , WTF, you got more balls than i do , anything that burst into flames and blows fire into my mouth is way too powerful for me to vape on lol.

Dalton801

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
you just have to play around with different thicknesses until you learn to build an ideal set up. if i were you i'd order a few different gauges to test out. my genesis atomisers used to flare when i first started rebuilding. if your ohms are too low you're gonna shorten the life of your tank as you'll eventually damage the insulator, and possible the mod it's fitted to. you can go higher guage, perhaps 26awg and make a double or twisted gauge from them. riptrippers has a couple of videos making it, one is quite recent as well.

Twisted 28 Gauge Micro Coil

this is using a high gauge Triple Twisted 32 Gauge Micro Coil

here's something interesting Vaping Tips: How To Straighten Kanthal Wire

there are others such as the tiger coil etc
Rip makes it look so easy..
Jesus man , WTF, you got more balls than i do , anything that burst into flames and blows fire into my mouth is way too powerful for me to vape on lol.
I'm a cloud chaser! And a little bit of a flavor junkie.. I will never be satisfied..

I recently did a 22 gauge three wrap dual parallel on my tobh came out to a .15 and hit harder than a Mack truck to the face. But gotta have plenty of air cooling it off lots of wick and soaked in juice. Soak it down and pulse your fire button While blowing on it shouldn't catch fire. :)

Rip makes it look so easy..

I'm a cloud chaser! And a little bit of a flavor junkie.. I will never be satisfied..
I'm the same way. Plume veil with the comp cap on my ipv2 with a .6 build pretty bad ass. You should try it. I and running it on 50 watts....... Need my god 180 mod to come in damn it

Dalton801

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'm the same way. Plume veil with the comp cap on my ipv2 with a .6 build pretty bad ass. You should try it. I and running it on 50 watts....... Need my god 180 mod to come in damn it
I will try the actually! Thanks for the advice! Also, I warped my parallel a good 5 times, so maybe a 3 wrap would work a lot better!

I fou
I will try the actually! Thanks for the advice! Also, I warped my parallel a good 5 times, so maybe a 3 wrap would work a lot better!
found it easier to work with only a three wrap. I have big hands and if I fumble with too many wraps the coil separates and looks like Crap and hard to wick. Glad I could help bro.

Joshua Parnell

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I prefer a 6 or 7 wrap. More surface area = more vapor and more flavor, from my experience. So, for instance, running dual 24 gauge 5 wraps is roughly the same resistance as dual 22 gauge 7 wraps. Those extra 2 wraps will give you more vapor and flavor. And more nicotine, so plan accordingly! First time I wrapped 18 gauge 7 times and went to fire on 6 mg of nic (I was used to 7 wraps of 24 gauge), it took about 3 hits, and I was done vaping for a couple hours. Got nauseous, sweaty, and a little dizzy. Since then, I've cut it down to 2 mg of nicotine.

Dalton801

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I prefer a 6 or 7 wrap. More surface area = more vapor and more flavor, from my experience. So, for instance, running dual 24 gauge 5 wraps is roughly the same resistance as dual 22 gauge 7 wraps. Those extra 2 wraps will give you more vapor and flavor. And more nicotine, so plan accordingly! First time I wrapped 18 gauge 7 times and went to fire on 6 mg of nic (I was used to 7 wraps of 24 gauge), it took about 3 hits, and I was done vaping for a couple hours. Got nauseous, sweaty, and a little dizzy. Since then, I've cut it down to 2 mg of nicotine.
I could also take that into account. With a parallel, two wraps of 22g is 4 of a single strand.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I agree Joshua, I find that 5 (thicker wire) to 8 (thinner wire) wraps is best and I change wire to adjust resistance depending on what I am building on and my goal. Width of the coil stays about the same for good wick coverage.

So like 8 wrap 28g for my wife's kayfun / provari and 6 wrap 26g for my magma / mechanical. Both coils come out at about the same width but totally different builds and objectives.

Brian33

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Wtf is a comp cap i need one where is i can find

Dalton801

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Going again on the parallel, let me know if I got the right setup!
Stillare clone sittin' on a pegasus.
I'm running a sony vtc4, that's the green one, yes? Still kinda new to this cloud chasing shit so help me out.

VU Sponsors