Become a Patron!

parallel os series or both

Need help with picking the best mod for me. I build a lot of frames staples and stuff with ribbon wire. Most of my builds come in at .06 to .1 on a dual setup. I own a couple dovpo (twisted,gaurdian and st 200) mods but wanted to get a good mechanical type mod. Looking at hammer of god v3 as it is parallel and series. Should i look at something else or id that a good pick.

MarkS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
In the mechanical world you would want to go parallel with lower ohm builds as the current drain is split between the two cells (you don't get that with series). You should make sure that you have safety margin (never draw the amount or more current that the cell is rated). I would not consider either of the resistances you mention as safe (0.06 Ohms would draw 70 Amps at 4.2 Volts giving 294 Watts, 0.1 Ohms would draw 42 Amps and give you 176 Watts) The 0.1 Ohm build is on what I call the edge. 42 Amps divided by 2 is 21 Amps and since most cells are rated for 20 Amps Constant Current you can see what I'm getting at. What if one cell has slightly less internal resistance or is slightly weaker than the other? Also, how sure are you that your Ohm Meter is super accurate? Personally, the lowest I would go would be 0.15 Ohms which would draw 28 Amps and give you 118 Watts.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Need help with picking the best mod for me. I build a lot of frames staples and stuff with ribbon wire. Most of my builds come in at .06 to .1 on a dual setup. I own a couple dovpo (twisted,gaurdian and st 200) mods but wanted to get a good mechanical type mod. Looking at hammer of god v3 as it is parallel and series. Should i look at something else or id that a good pick.
those builds are much too low for the HOG V3. I'd suggest a quad parallel instead like the sith V2 and still only go as low as .07 with sony VTC5a batts. But i have a feeling it's gonna be a much hotter vape then you expect lol

those builds are much too low for the HOG V3. I'd suggest a quad parallel instead like the sith V2 and still only go as low as .07 with sony VTC5a batts. But i have a feeling it's gonna be a much hotter vape then you expect lol
In the mechanical world you would want to go parallel with lower ohm builds as the current drain is split between the two cells (you don't get that with series). You should make sure that you have safety margin (never draw the amount or more current that the cell is rated). I would not consider either of the resistances you mention as safe (0.06 Ohms would draw 70 Amps at 4.2 Volts giving 294 Watts, 0.1 Ohms would draw 42 Amps and give you 176 Watts) The 0.1 Ohm build is on what I call the edge. 42 Amps divided by 2 is 21 Amps and since most cells are rated for 20 Amps Constant Current you can see what I'm getting at. What if one cell has slightly less internal resistance or is slightly weaker than the other? Also, how sure are you that your Ohm Meter is super accurate? Personally, the lowest I would go would be 0.15 Ohms which would draw 28 Amps and give you 118 Watts.
Thanks for the input. I guess that means i need to stick to my vw mods. Most stuff i build always ends up low for some reason(except fused claptons). Not sure why really but oh well. Never really use an ohm reader since my mods read down to .05 i just check them on those with a quick push of the fire button. Wanted to try a good series/parallel but the sith v2 is like $330 and thats just to much i think. Most aliens i build are just under .15 now that i think about it.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Thanks for the input. I guess that means i need to stick to my vw mods. Most stuff i build always ends up low for some reason(except fused claptons). Not sure why really but oh well. Never really use an ohm reader since my mods read down to .05 i just check them on those with a quick push of the fire button. Wanted to try a good series/parallel but the sith v2 is like $330 and thats just to much i think. Most aliens i build are just under .15 now that i think about it.
U can get a sith clone for 30 bucks

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

theclaw20

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
The Dovpo M VV has adjustable series via a potentiometer. Apparently it goes all the way down to 0.8 volts and all the way up as a series setup would normally go. So I'd get that.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
The Dovpo M VV has adjustable series via a potentiometer. Apparently it goes all the way down to 0.8 volts and all the way up as a series setup would normally go. So I'd get that.

Love the dovpo :)

theclaw20

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Still waiting for you to get tired of it and sell it to me

VU Sponsors