Become a Patron!

Artery Nugget X 50W with AT22 TC Starter Kit 2000mAh

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi Vaping Underground members, In this review i take a look at the Nugget X 50W with AT22 TC Starter Kit 2000mAh from Artery. The Nugget X 50W with AT22 TC Starter Kit 2000mAh was supplied for the purpose of this review by Evan from Heaven Gifts.

https://www.heavengifts.com/product/Arte...C-Kit.html

In the Box

Contents:

1x Nugget X MOD
1x AT22 Tank
1x Extra coil 0.3ohm
1x Extra glass tube
1x Pack of o-rings
1x USB cable
2x Manual

Aesthetics and Ergonomics

The Artery X Kit is packaged in a typical style box and once opened you can just about see the device without the aid of a magnifying glass, it has similar dimensions to the Q-Box, it's tiny. The supplied AT22 tank comes in a perfectly matching colour to the device, i received the Red kit but it is also available in Black and Golden, the AT22 tank is also available in Stainless Steel separately but no Stainless Steel Kit sadly. The front of the device has a round button positioned at the top centrally, at the bottom of the front we have the - and + buttons and housed centrally on the front of the device we have the 0.96 OLED screen. Both sides of the device has a very shiny metallic vertical stripe towards the front of the mod, one side has "ARTERY" printed on the stripe then next to it the micro USB port and indicator light. The other side of the device has the normal large "N" which is on all the Nugget range with "NUGGET X" printed underneath, the spine of the device is plain. The bottom of the device has plenty of safety stamps, branding and 2 generous rows of venting holes, moving to the top of the device, there is a central, gold plated, spring loaded 510. The device is very boxed shape but all edges have been rounded off and simply the tiny size of the Nugget X takes car of the ergonomics as it gets swallowed up in the hand, stating the obvious, the device is very pocket friendly. In general the build quality and finish seems good apart from button rattle which comes from the - and + buttons, the fire button is fine.

Pocket Rocket

The artery Nugget X might be a tiny device but it packs a punch. 50w of power, full TC suite, TCR, changeable preheats, bypass, variable voltage mode, 2000mAh battery and a large OLED screen.

AT22 Sub-ohm Tank Specs and Features:

Size: 22 x 39mm (w/o thread)
Capacity: 2ml
Coil: AL1B-1 0.3ohm (25-45W)
Thread: 510
Powerful sub ohm tank with exquisite workmanship
Brand-new top cap design with smooth threading for easy filling
New AL1-B coil for excellent flavor and vapor production
Precise adjustable bottom airflow control
Colours: Red, Black, Golden, Stainless

AT22 Tank Overview

It's a perfectly good Kit Sub-Ohm tank, nothing to rave about but it does it's job and the supplied coils give descent flavour. It comes apart and reassembles very easily and the coils screw straight into the base, the only thing you need to be careful of is to make sure the juice port ring is screwed on tight and the top-cap isn't over tightened else when you unscrew the top-cap sometimes the juice ring comes off with it. So it's been established from what i've said that it's top-fill which is done via generous juice slots, the airflow is duel cyclops with stopper and moves with nice resistance. Aesthetically the top-cap and airflow control ring has light texturing, also on the airflow control ring we have "ARTERY" printed one side and "AT22" the other. The drip-tip is a standard 510 fitting and the 510 pin is gold plated and protrudes nicely. The AT22 is quite a stumpy tank which suits the device and holds 2ml of liquid.

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Part 2

Artery Nugget X Specs and Features:

Size: 58 x 36.6 x 23mm
Resistance Range: 0.1-3.0ohm
Battery: Built-in 2000mAh battery
Output Voltage: 0.5-8.0V
Wattage Range: 5-50W
Working Modes: VW/VV/TC(Ni200,Ti.SS316)/BYPASS/TCR(M1,M2,M3)
Display: 0.96-inch screen
Thread: 510 thread
50W max output
Large OLED screen for easy operation
Ergonomic design for comfortably hold
1.5A quick charge via USB cable
Various protections for a safe vape
Colours: Red, Black, Golden

Using the Nugget X

The device is 5 clicks to turn on the device but once on 5 clicks locks and unlocks the device and when locked the device will not fire, to turn the device off is done via the menu system. There are a couple of combination button press features which are, fire and - together resets the time vaped to 0, the displayed time vaped on this device isn't the normal time of last vape but accumulates. The other combination is fire and + together which locks and unlocks the - and + buttons but the device will still fire. The display is a nice size for such a small device and all the information is clear and not cluttered, the display tells you what mode you are in, your wattage (temperature when in TC mode and voltage when in VV mode), which can be adjusted using the - and + buttons, battery status bar, voltage, resistance and accumulated vape time. To enter the menu system is 3 clicks of the fire button which brings up a list of options which are, power, Temperature, voltage, bypass, power off and Exit. Navigating is simple , moving between options is done using the - and + buttons then fire to select, selecting power off turns the device completely off and you will need to click the fire button 5 times to turn back on. Selecting bypass puts the device into direct output mode, selecting voltage puts the device into variable voltage mode, adjusting the voltage is done on the main screen. Selecting temperature brings up the options, Ni, Ti, Ss and TCR, when selecting one of your TC wires it then allows you to set the wattage, selecting TCR allows you to set minimum wattage and TCR values. Selecting power allows you to select normal or 1 of 3 preset curves, when choosing one of the curves it displays the graph and allows you to customise it. I hope i didn't make using the device sound complicated because it's actually very easy to use.

Performance

The device fires without any noticeable delay and during using it was very reliable and seems to be very accurate, really nothing to complain about. The custom curves work well and i do like using this feature on devices. The supplied coils with the AT22 are SS 0.3ohm rated at 25w to 45w and i enjoyed descent flavour and good cloud at 30w, between 30w and 40w it really gave the same flavour so i went for efficiency. The AT22 is a 22mm tank and the device only 23mm in depth, with most of my favourite tanks being 25mm i was worried that they would look terrible but i tried the Zeus on it and in my opinion it looks fine (picture included). The 2000mAh battery is fair enough for a 50W device and the Nugget X gave reasonable battery life and is fully firmware upgradeable.

Conclusion

If you want a very small, pocket friendly device and don't vape at high wattage the Artery Nugget X as all the features anyone would need.

Pros

Pocket Friendly
Clear Display
Easy to Use
Temp Control
Variable Voltage
Variable Wattage
Custom Curves
Centre 510
Reasonable Battery life
Firmware Upgradeable
AT22 Easy to use tank that gives descent flavour

Cons

Device has - and + button rattle
Not suitable for large tanks
Not suitable for high wattage users

I would once again like to thank Evan from Heaven Gifts for supplying the Artery Nugget X 50W with AT22 TC Starter Kit 2000mAh for the purpose of this review.

https://www.heavengifts.com/product/Arte...C-Kit.html

VU Sponsors