Become a Patron!

pateralus9: Eleaf Elven Pod Kit Review

Irked Particle

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Eleaf Elven Pod Kit Review
by pateralus9

Eleaf recently contacted me to do an unbiased review on the new Eleaf Elven pod system. I received it in just a few days from the Netherlands, which pleasantly surprised me. I want to say foremostly (yeah, that sounds right) that although I did receive the product without charge, everything you're about to read is my truthful opinion & experience using this device.
This is my first-ever written vape review, so I hope it's informative & able to help anyone considering buying the Eleaf Elven.

Specifications
Dimensions: 20mm x 10mm x 100mm
Weight: 24 grams
Resistance: 1.6 ohms
Eliquid capacity: 1.6 ml
Battery capacity: 360 mAh

Overview
Upon receiving the Elven, the first thing I noticed is that the packaging is attractive & of high quality. It comes not in a small box like some other pods, but a nice white box you'd expect to receive with a full-size box mod kit.

Inside the box:
-Eleaf Elven itself
- 2 pods
- 20-inch white micro USB charging cable that is thick & looks to be of high quality
- Baggie containing 2 spare fill port plugs
- Instruction booklet in 16 languages

Weird note: Mine also came with an unevenly cut piece of a thin & weak black magnet (pictured laying on the plastic baggie). I have no idea if this was included on purpose, but I was able to get it to stick to my refrigerator, so it's apparently magnetic. I checked to determine if there was a sticky backing to it, but couldn't get anything to separate. If there's a use for this, I couldn't find it anywhere in the manual. I almost left it out of the review, but hey, it was included in the box, so I figure it's worth noting.

First Impressions
The Elven feels like it's tough, & appears to be made of aluminum. It's still lightweight, though, even when full of eliquid. The size, as other reviewers have noted, is similar to the JUUL or Smok Infinix. It is draw-activated & has no buttons to worry about. It has an LED indicator that glows green, blue, & finally red to tell from a full to dead battery. The USB port is located at the very bottom of the device.

Airflow
I think the most interesting feature of this pod is that it has adjustable airflow. Adjustable in only two ways, but adjustable nonetheless. The pod's airflow comes in from one side only. The device also has one side with a hole. So if you install the pod with the holes in the same side, you get more airflow than if you flip the pod around the other way where they're on opposite sides. At first I didn't notice much difference between the two airflow options, but after using it a while, it was crystal clear that one is much more restrictive than the other. I prefer more airflow, so I orientate the two holes together on the same side.

Flavor
That being said, the flavor on this device is excellent, especially for this kind of pod system. That is the first thing I noticed, & it was very apparent to me from the start. Most readers will likely know that, with this kind of closed pod system you should wait at least 10 to 15 minutes after filling before attempting to vape. As soon as that time passed & I took a draw, the flavor was immediately pronounced and delicious, with no break-in time needed. For reference, I was using Holy Holy Grail RY4 from DIY Flavor Shack.
I have tried over a dozen pod systems since I quit smoking & started vaping in earnest nine months ago, & I'm very happy to say that the flavor I get from the Elven is among the top two or three of them.

Filling
The pods are very easy to fill, which is important to me. I can't tell you how many times in the past I've started cursing aloud because I began wasting juice trying to fill a pod that didn't want to be filled! Not with the Elven, at least with unicorn bottles. Most times using a dropper is less than ideal when filling pods, & the same holds true here. But with pointed-tip or even chubby gorilla bottles, there should be no problem at all filling these.

Pod Life
I'm very glad this kit includes an extra pod; that's a huge plus for Eleaf on that. I've opened several other pod kits to find only a single pod, & it's oh-so-disappointing. It's also cool that two extra plugs are included in case one or more gets lost, but I don't feel it's really even necessary because the plug is attached to each pod. Good attention to detail, though.

As I haven't used up my first one, I cannot yet speak to the longevity of the complete pod life on the Elven. What I can say is that, after about 8-10 battery drains from full to dead, the pod still tastes fresh & shows no sign of slowing any time soon.

Battery Life
The only significant con I have with the Elven is the battery life, which I feel could be a bit more robust. Now, I understand that with a device this size you're not going to get the best battery life of all time. Battery life is among the most important factors for me when buying any vape device. At 360mAh, it's absolutely not terrible, and even after using it constantly for about 10 days, I have noticed no decline in battery life since I first opened the box. In my case, it helps that I use other pod devices throughout the day, but if you're going to be relying on ONLY the Elven as your daily device, even as a backup to your main box, you're going to need a backup plan if you want to last an entire day of vaping.

On a positive note, however, the Elven does support pass-through charging. And the included micro USB cable isn't one of those super-short ones, so if you have say, a laptop nearby, you should be able to vape fairly comfortably while the Elven charges. So that's a huge plus!

Conclusion
Overall, I would recommend this device, especially at the price point for which it's selling (right now around $20 USD). Since I got it, I find myself consistently reaching for it over several other similar pods. I'm actually vaping on it as I type this, haha.

If I were to create a class system for pods & put the Elven in a class with the likes of similar devices I've tried, such as the Smok Infinix, iJoy AI, & JUUL, I would say it can hang with all of them.

That's all I have for the Eleaf Elven pod system. Thank you for reading my first written vape review!! I'm no expert, just a guy who wants a good device for a reasonable price. And if I can help anyone else find that, I'll be happy.

If you have any questions I didn't cover in the review, please feel free to ask. I'm happy to answer anything I might've missed & that may help you decide whether to buy it. :)

IMG_20190201_234613231~2.jpg

VU Sponsors