Become a Patron!

PCB temps?? please help

So I have a Smok AL85 and it has an LED screen that gives me information likes puffs and PCB temp. my question is what are safe temps cause my temps used to stay around 37 degrees Celsius but now my temps have been higher like in the 50s sometimes. so what are safe temps for the PCB??? please help

Edit: also what would you recommend for setting like the strength: S N H, and other settings also the tank im using is a TFV 12 baby prince

Last edited:

bestkeptsecret

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
The basic rule is start low and work your way up, other than not pushing your coils beyond their rated limits there is no hard and fast rule. It really depends on your tastes and the liquids you are vaping etc.

I've got V12 Prince tanks. When I'm starting with a new coil I take a few hits at around 10W lower than the bottom of its rated range printed on the coils then work up from there until I'm happy with what I'm getting. Usually I find I'm happy just below the narrower 'best' range printed on the coils.

I use the .4 ohm coil for 50/50 liquids and tend to use a setting between 40-55 watts (its best range is stated as 60-80W)
I use the .15 ohm and .12 ohm coils for higher VG liquids. The .15 I tend to run both between 65 and 80 (the best range for the .15 is 80-100W and for the .12 its 80-110W)

I generally keep to the soft setting as it suits me just fine. I figure that by starting low and just getting to the lowest setting that you find satisfying, you maximise the life of your coils, reduce the risk of burning, and also the lower your settings the longer your batteries will last before they need charging

The basic rule is start low and work your way up, other than not pushing your coils beyond their rated limits there is no hard and fast rule. It really depends on your tastes and the liquids you are vaping etc.

I've got V12 Prince tanks. When I'm starting with a new coil I take a few hits at around 10W lower than the bottom of its rated range printed on the coils then work up from there until I'm happy with what I'm getting. Usually I find I'm happy just below the narrower 'best' range printed on the coils.

I use the .4 ohm coil for 50/50 liquids and tend to use a setting between 40-55 watts (its best range is stated as 60-80W)
I use the .15 ohm and .12 ohm coils for higher VG liquids. The .15 I tend to run both between 65 and 80 (the best range for the .15 is 80-100W and for the .12 its 80-110W)

I generally keep to the soft setting as it suits me just fine. I figure that by starting low and just getting to the lowest setting that you find satisfying, you maximise the life of your coils, reduce the risk of burning, and also the lower your settings the longer your batteries will last before they need charging
Thanks for the reply, I got the mod from a buddy for my first mod so it already had the Hard setting on so I just moved it onto Normal

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The MOD will give you a Temp Warning if the PCB Temp goes over the range they set in the firmware and that is basically just information. I do not believe you can adjust that.

The MOD will give you a Temp Warning if the PCB Temp goes over the range they set in the firmware and that is basically just information. I do not believe you can adjust that.
Oh ok thank you, was just worried cause I didn't know if it was getting too hot as its my first mod

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Oh ok thank you, was just worried cause I didn't know if it was getting too hot as its my first mod

You are very Welcome and I hope you can enjoy your stay~!

Not much you can do about the PCB Temp except for stop Chain Vaping.............

Sorry for reviving the thread just wanted to ask if anyone tried to re-design the Wismec RX 200 PCB? I always had problems with the PCB at Wismec RX 200 mod model and that is really annoying cause I always needed to return it by warranty back to China. I tried recently to re-design the PCB of the RX 200 mod with help of gerber viewer and it seems to work well for about a month with no issues. I will update you if will have any changes but so far it is working pretty well and maybe I will send the PCB design I have created directly to Wismec so maybe they will fix the PCB issues.

Last edited by a moderator:

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Talk about "redesigning the pcb" please. What is this referring to?

VU Sponsors