Become a Patron!

Pegasus Vapor Academy PVA-40

hazozita

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I haven’t, and I have not seen any posts or photos from anyone who has received their PVA40.

I am really disappointed in how that campaign is being handled. I know that a good part of the delay was due to the initial manufacturer (Ivogo) backing out of the deal, which set things back a few months. A new manufacturer (which is supposedly Steamcrave) was lined up and the units were produced. According to Peg, the units are done and being shipped.

But, Peg has not responded to requests for updates, has not provided any detailed info on the final product, and is not providing any info on shipping. He claims he does not have time to do that, but seems to be able to find the time to delete comments on his YouTube channel from people, such as myself, who ask these questions and express concern about how things are progressing. He also says he is not providing tracking numbers for shipments since that would take too long.

This is getting really close to being Hall of Shame material. This guy raised $71,000+ on Indegogo for production of this device in December. Six months later and no products in the hands of funders.

j66

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I also haven't seen any reports anywhere of folk who have received theirs, despite regular searches. I'm overseas, perhaps shouldn't be expecting mine just yet but would certainly have expected some in the US to have had delivery by now but it's awful quiet on that front...

j66

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I dunno, one disgruntled dude doesn't make a whole situation. I'm trying to remain positive here ;) But I have to admit it does seem increasingly dodgy the more time passes without anyone receiving any product. You have to say though, it would be monumentally stupid of the man not to complete these orders now...

hazozita

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I’m trying to remain positive myself. At the same time, I’m keeping an eye out for sales on torches and pitchforks in case they are needed....

I have to say that I continue to be astounded by vendors who feel that going communications silent is an acceptable strategy when things get tough. That is the absolute worst thing to do since, in the face of no info, people are left to their imagination.

Regardless of how this is resolved, Peg has shown that, at the very least, he’s incompetent when it comes to operating a business.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Because you posted the link, I am posting a copy from that link of the initial post

Because with the clap we would have something to show for the Fu*&ing we took.

Let me start off with saying, I came to /r/electronic_cigarette a few months backs asking for advice on what to do with this dude and the answer I got was take it up with him. Well I'm not looking for advice, just looking to chronicle my experience with this guy in a place he can't censor me. There will be some that say I told you guys so from when this campaign started. Well you were right, I coincide to that. Myself I wanted this thing because it is the only device with temp control in a parallel set-up over then the Vapor Flask. That is until the Hana One comes out on Monday.

So this campaign started Nov 20th 2014 and ended Dec 8th 2014 and raised $72,000. Late march of 2015 he released a video saying there was a problem with original manufacture. I commented on youtube that I was starting to have doubts about this sale. Because I was a big supporter and one of the first to buy in to this thing, he messaged me this. http://i.imgur.com/VcQHHEn.jpg The Things to take a way from this is that he has the finish mods and that he'll release them at the end of April 2015. He does release a Video on the 15th and then on the 21st he releases a video in which he states he's going to release the mods at the end of May and start another Indiegogo to sell batteries.

So I flip out. not only did he have 4 months to get all the other small things together to finish this sale up and he had the mods. He starts another sale and pushes back the shipments to be able to package batteries nobody had heard of before he started talking about them. Batteries that he should have already had. So I accuses him privately of using this new sale to get the stock he needs to fill his orders. I wish I could post what I said to be fair but the first few messages were on You tubes backed messaging system that nulls out after awhile. it doesn't email your own comments back to you. Here's his response to me blasting him. http://i.imgur.com/zNSRtC1.jpg

Granted I was a dick when I blasted him but this seems to be his standard response to anybody questioning him. I'm not the only persons he's told that he doesn't to refund but will after he flips the unit at retail. So I quoted him California UCC, another message lost to Youtube. I didn't here anything so I start emailing him directly.http://i.imgur.com/2eiXJ0p.jpg?1 Here the response I get back. http://i.imgur.com/HhKVMnF.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/0Y1s4Es.jpg

Things to take away from that. Yeah crap got messed up with the mod. The thing about Evolv's 8 week lead time he knew about going in to the sale. He was planning on a April release at the latest, and actually got the Mods in time to do that. He had months to get the orders straight, get all the order parts of the sale that had no dependance on the mods and be ready to ship when he got the mods in. Instead he chose to not do any of that and delay for now going on 2 months to wait for batteries that weren't even on the market yet. https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/best-18650-batteries-for-vapers-as-of-may-2015#/updates Batteries that he still doesn't have yet.https://www.fedex.com/apps/fedextrack/?tracknumbers=621188955257&cntry_code=us

for what it's worth this is my last message to him. http://i.imgur.com/9jdxN7I.jpg?1 at least I tried to be nice. Haven't heard from him since.

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
He claims he has the mods in hand but is waiting on batteries? Why not just ship the mods with no batteries so the people who bought them have something?

hazozita

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
:confused: anyone received there pva40? :( What know :mad:

Not that I know of. I have not received mine; not seen any posts anywhere from someone who has. I did not order any batteries with mine, so the lack of batteries should not be holding mine up. Hao Jan Tang (Peg) continues to stay silent as to what's actually going on.

latinouno

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Not that I know of. I have not received mine; not seen any posts anywhere from someone who has. I did not order any batteries with mine, so the lack of batteries should not be holding mine up. Hao Jan Tang (Peg) continues to stay silent as to what's actually going on.

He will say, "it's in the mail" but forget to say they are shipping from China so that is another month o_O

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
To bad the evic vt one up him 60w ti and ni and his clam to fame dual battery. Glad I didn't do it. I was sooo close to going balls deep and getting fucked without lube it seems. I really hope y'all get your mods :)

Last edited:

latinouno

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
To bad the evic vt one up him 60w ti and ni and his clam to fame dual battery. Glad I didn't do it. I was sooo close to going balls deep and getting fucked without lube it seems. I really hope y'all get your mods :)

I do have my eye on Joytech evic vt but still waiting for my $140 paper weight. lol :D

hazozita

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Same here. Have the Evic VT in my cart at Eciggity, but not yet ready to pull the trigger until it has been reviewed in greater detail as to temp performance. Plus, really want to see what Innokin's foray into the temp control market will end up looking like.

Then again, the fact that the VT is only $53.99 shipped is getting harder and harder to resist....

The PVA-40 will either get sold or gifted to my nephew. His birthday is in November -- wonder if it will get here by then!

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Same here. Have the Evic VT in my cart at Eciggity, but not yet ready to pull the trigger until it has been reviewed in greater detail as to temp performance. Plus, really want to see what Innokin's foray into the temp control market will end up looking like.

Then again, the fact that the VT is only $53.99 shipped is getting harder and harder to resist....

The PVA-40 will either get sold or gifted to my nephew. His birthday is in November -- wonder if it will get here by then!
Get it trust me it does work Better then any evolv crap I've had and I've had like 7 devices (all sold and traded) evic and yihi knocked it out the park.

latinouno

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
1st person that receive there PVA40 please post pic and let us now if it works, lmfao

Reactions: dre

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
1st person that receive there PVA40 please post pic and let us now if it works, lmfao
a2612a4d58733b919f00526687b49d5f.jpg

latinouno

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

Could not wait, I order the white from eciggity :D

Vapetek

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Because you posted the link, I am posting a copy from that link of the initial post

Because with the clap we would have something to show for the Fu*&ing we took.

I am the OP for the Reddit Post. I have since added to that topic which I'll copy paste here.

*************************************************************************************
I have no idea who this guy was that came in and post then deleted his post and account but this is what he said. http://i.imgur.com/AC094hN.png?1
*************************************************************************************
06/10/2015
After asking for just the mod and telling him to keep the bundle, Hao Jan Tang has told me he's going to
Send Me my PVA-40 and Bundle "because it's the right thing to do".

But of course he had to say that he can't talk to me because I'll just post it on Reddit and continue to Dox
Him. Still trying to figure out how I'm doxing him. Giving up his actual name isn't doxing, which is easy enough to
find out with a corporate fillings search. As for his email address, he gave up the claim to privacy for that when he used it for business purposes. He sent an Email to contributors using it to prove he had nothing to hide.

He tells me that he regarded me has more than a subscriber but as a friend, and that he's sorry that it came to this. Well if that's the case I must be a great friend, because a shitty friend isn't gonna tell you when your fucking up. So Hao if your reading, let's bury this right here.

My Issue have never been the time it's taking for this project to finish. I have not been trying to "Cyber Bully" you to get what I want. I'm doing this for the people your not showing the transparency you promised. You been hiding the truth to save face and arrogantly trying to control everything to the point you caused all this to happen. Truth be told there is nothing you could say to prevent a backlash and I feel for you on that, but that's the price for attempting something like this.

It's always been my OPINION that you lost your ass on the chips and the deal Ivogo to the point you had nothing to finish the project. I believe you used the battery sale as a way to generate enough money to finish the project.
It's the only way I can see you pulling this off after actually making it in time with the mods. Getting the mods in time in, before April was a feet in it's self. Only to trip up on the easy part of the project can only suggest money was the issue. Now magic batteries falling in your lap is a stroke of luck that you used to buy time, which in it's self was great cover for you.

I commend you on pulling it off, but the deal is done. Come clean with theses guys and let them know why they
haven't got their products yet. The longer they sit waiting the more pissed they are going to get.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Welcome to VU, Vapetek, glad you joined up and thanks for the vendor info as well

hazozita

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for having a forum that doesn't censor unpopular speech. Cross posted this on ECF and was deleted in under an hour.

I'm sure you'll find VU to be a MUCH more enjoyable place to post, discuss and debate. And have fun too!

Thank you for keeping people informed about the PVA40 issue (dare I say debacle). I'm still hoping he will deliver the mods (and that they work), but my hopes are dropping each day that goes by without any news.

vaporsavedme

Member For 4 Years
I ordered the pva-40 also. Ever since he released the 5/25/2015 initial shipping date, I have been searching the internet for a review, testimony.............. or something. The only thing I found was Vapetek's post on Reddit. I figured his initial shipping date might be some bullshit but I tried to remain optimistic. 5.25.2015 was Memorial Day and USPS was closed, he had not intention of shipping anything on that day. I don;t think that he has bad intentions but i do think that he fucked up. Instead of just releasing a statement saying sorry I FUCKED UP he is trying to back door shit and correct his mistakes. Now who knows when or if we will get our mods.

hazozita

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Since the PVA40 was "launched" (if you can call it that) in December, the large screen DNA40 has been released, the atty lock DNA40 has been released, and the DNA200 has been announced. Nothing like waiting and waiting and waiting to get something that is outdated before it arrives.

Oh well, lesson learned. Wish the lesson didn't cost me $140 to learn, but on the upside, hopefully the reputation of Pegasus Vaping Academy has been sullied enough that others will avoid him in the future.

j66

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
If you were ripping people off with this you'd have to be off with the cash at some point. Why even bother to say you were about to ship them? There's no point. Smacks more of naivety and incompetence than criminality.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Wow still nothing guys?

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

vaporsavedme

Member For 4 Years
Interesting post from Peg I came across on his, "last update video" one week ago.

Pegasus Vapor Academy 1 week ago
+Erich Lenz Its 6:45 am on a Saturday as I'm reading this, really can't tell you how much I appreciate this tremendous amount of patience. Today I'll be in the office alone making boxes and cleaning up. I apologize I can't do more video updates no matter how quick and simple you think they are. This was supposed to be the final update until we announce the live episode for Q&A. By then I'll even go into the difficulties and challenges of this project and what anyone would have to face should they want to attempt this. We will talk and compare the final release VS the Beta version. Only reviewers who have promoted this item will be receiving a copy of the PVA - 40 for review. But they will be shipped their copy along with the Raffle winners. So when you watch the reviews original backers will already own it. There is two reasons why this is going so slow. #1 This is not our Day Job, if PVA and the Academy store is all we did. we wouldn't exist. we're not that big yet. I won't get into it but by day we run an automotive accessories business. (which explains why I use cars as an analogy so often in my teachings) #2 Having a hell of a time porting over this many indiegogo sales over to a shipping software solution manually. a)too much room for human error, we wish it was click N ship but its not. Even copy and pasting is almost as fast as typing it in considering you type reasonably fast because of all the fields you must input. b) invalid shipping address, if you run a shipping service you'd be surprised how many people need corrections to their own address, not to mention INT'L addresses cannot be confirmed. Those bother me the most because I just have to hope for the best. and we can't post the right amount of insurance on an item we claim to be a fraction of the price to lower customs fees for the client. Simply put, why is the insurance on this item 140 dollars when you claim its only worth 20? If we claim its worth 140 that means high taxes for everyone of our foreign friends. c) so there will be another email asking for address revision for the ones we simply cannot figure out. folks who just built a new house on a pot of land are unrecognized and will have to be mailed basically by ink and paper at a post office. Simply put, some software these days will not print your label until your address is confirmed valid. You'll be shocked how many folks forgot their apartment numbers which will guarantee to be returned to sender. Regarding tracking info, there is a slot for email input. we're hoping by doing so, it will automate a tracking letter to each person as we cannot spend more time to do this manually. If not, no worries we have actually tracking info on file. Only large orders will go out by priority mail because the shipping rate between that and parcel post is too close. The rest will be out by snail mail padded envelopes. No you cannot send in more money to expedite, because that causes a shift in the CSV of who paid what. Put it this way, you know when you win a give away? It takes awhile because its got to be done in the reviewer's free time and he has to manually input all your data, but its still faster because he is sending you what he wants to send you. Not figure out hundreds of different requests. Although at times I do feel like Santa in the work shop with just a few elves, but that guy had magic. I'm pretty sure Santa never said things like: "is this one done?, whose this guy?, did we already do that?, whats this one's problem?, wait, is all this going to the same place?" dozens of times a day. So as you can see there is no new videos, I don't have time for updates and I certainly haven't put up a video about something else either. Outside from our daily routine I haven't done anything else but jump from each station in the office double checking everyone's work. I am really moved by everyone's patience, let me get back to crackin at it and we will get through it. Its not like I'm not feeling the pressure of the people. In the meantime please try to refrain from speculation, I have no problems telling you guys what will happen in the future, but let me do that, when I have the time.

hazozita

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for the post @vaporsavedme. The incompetence of this guy knows no bounds. He's had months to port over the addresses from Indegogo and he waits until the items are in hand before taking any action? A simple Excel file could have been set up months ago and run through address verification, and be linked by email address for the inevitable address change updates. We're talking See Spot Run type of logistics here, and it seems to have him totally flummoxed.

And snail mail delivery? What the hell?? Once you're past 10 oz, the price difference between FC plus tracking and insurance and Priority is little to nothing, since Priority already includes tracking and some measure of insurance. Let alone the fact that he's screwed this up so badly that I'd think the quickest shipping would be the least he could do.

Drawing an analogy between the purchase of a PVA 40 with a "vendor giveaway" is just too fucking insulting for words.

I put the chances of everyone getting their PVA40 at 50/50 at best. I put the chances of it being a craptastic mod at 80%. I put the chances of Hao Jan Tang being a total asswipe at 100%.

Reactions: j66

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have a sinking feeling that people who bought into this situation have been Shan'd.

j66

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Just received this via email:

"We are finished this week.
All Batteries go out today, Please check for automated e-mail tracking later on tonight. All promised battery models are here.
Extra Large orders are done.
Single PVA's will have automated tracking info tommorrow Thursday and Friday
PVA 40 Bundlers will go out Saturday.
Mystery orders will receive an email from [email protected] on Monday.
Bundlers of the PVA - 40 will have the batteries and wires included in the gift box of the mod.
Folks who purchased batteries from the battery sale will receive batteries separate from the PVA - 40 mod.

We will try for:
PVA LIVE Q&A Episode 10PM EST. 6/27/2015 (please wait for confirmation)"

So...we'll see soon...

Last edited:

hazozita

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@j66 -- Got the same email also. Perhaps a light at the end of the tunnel. Hopefully, it's not the proverbial oncoming train....

j66

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Sad it's no longer a bright light though, what with all the recent and upcoming temp limiting mods we have now. /sigh

hazozita

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sad it's no longer a bright light though, what with all the recent and upcoming temp limiting mods we have now. /sigh

Very true. A mod with the specs of the PVA40 would probably be put in the clearance section of an online retailer for sale at a deep discount.

vaporsavedme

Member For 4 Years
I got he same email. This whole "family project" has been a roller coaster from the beginning. I just hope that the mod is functional, it took months but it all seems so rushed and thrown together at the end.

@hazozita you are absolutely right! Recent mods with twice the specs cost half as much as we paid for the PVA-40!

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I would love the update video to be on some beautiful beach and peg surrounded by hookers says OK family members you just paid for my vacation to a non extradition county and a big fuck you!

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Vapetek

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Wonder if anybody has got a shipping notification.

j66

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
This is the latest:

"Dear PVA-40 Owner,
Please do not worry, we are still here in the office cranking out parcels.
It is 9:40 pm here in LA and we will be here all night if we have to.
Everyone receiving this e-mail will get a tracking number from our automated service tonight at this same e-mail address.
If you are vigilantly waiting for your tracking number please do not stay up.
It might get late for us but it will be here tomorrow morning."

Bit different to 'we are shipping out May 25th', but ok....

Vapetek

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
This is the latest:

"Dear PVA-40 Owner,
Please do not worry, we are still here in the office cranking out parcels.
It is 9:40 pm here in LA and we will be here all night if we have to.
Everyone receiving this e-mail will get a tracking number from our automated service tonight at this same e-mail address.
If you are vigilantly waiting for your tracking number please do not stay up.
It might get late for us but it will be here tomorrow morning."

Bit different to 'we are shipping out May 25th', but ok....
Yep I got the same email about a future email. What's really going on is that we just got a telegram from doc brown in 1886.

j66

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yep I got the same email about a future email. What's really going on is that we just got a telegram from doc brown in 1886.

Haha ;) Just also got the "Your order has been shipped!" notice with appropriate exclamation mark & tracking number. USPS 1st Class International. Wonder how long that generally takes...

hazozita

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Very glad to hear shipping notices are going out. No email for me as of yet :(

Vapetek

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Haha ;) Just also got the "Your order has been shipped!" notice with appropriate exclamation mark & tracking number. USPS 1st Class International. Wonder how long that generally takes...
depends on customs in your country. Like when I ship to Canada there is no difference over the US, Ireland (not Northern) usually 8 days and Northern Ireland and Britain usually 12 days. Shipped to Argentina once that took forever. I think Indianan Jones delivered that package.

VU Sponsors