Become a Patron!

People on Facebook vape groups

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
rant.gif

Every day. And I do mean every day. I see people asking the same fucking questions.

• Where is a cheap place to buy vape stuff online.
  • What is a good beginner dripper.
  • Where can I find an MVP for cheap.
  • What is the cheapest place to buy juice.
  • etc..................
Seriously???

These people are sitting in front of a computer or a smart phone. They are either too lazy to type a few quick phrases in Google or go to eBay and do a quick search. Or they are truly that incompetent. Seriously makes you wonder how they function in day to day life without someone hold their hand the whole way. I mean if nothing else scroll down a minute in the group and more than likely you will see the same exact question already asked several times.

Ok I'm done

rant.gif

Last edited:

micki

Member For 5 Years
View attachment 1376

Every day. And I do mean every day. I see people asking the same fucking questions.

• etc..................
Seriously???

These people are sitting in front of a computer or a smart phone. They are either too lazy to type a few quick phrases in Google or go to eBay and do a quick search. Or they are truly that incompetent. Seriously makes you wonder how they function in day to day life without someone hold their hand the whole way. I mean if nothing else scroll down a minute in the group and more than likely you will see the same exact question already asked several times.

Ok I'm done

View attachment 1376
LMAO.......... You feel better now? :cool:

tick22

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
What do you expect from Facebook people, smarts???
why search when you can have others do it for you..
sheesh..you are so right, Garemlin....

jack

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I had to laugh when i read that ,it is so true ,people ask the same thing over and over and over .

jack

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Does anyone know where I can find cheap juice ??????

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Fucking seriously???

First think that shows up on my feed.....

From Poor Vapers:

So is Mt. Baker good or just good for the price?

Wow!!! Just fucking wow!!!

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
And people just keep on answering the same stupid asked questions. doh.gif

Frawg

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
This is up there with a job I had for a few months doing website customer service. I was the one who wrote 20+ tutorials for using the website, and without fail every day someone would email in with a problem using one of the features there was a tutorial explaining how to do. Every day I'd write back with "have you tried the tutorial here: link to tutorial? Please try the tutorial and if you're still having issues email back." Without fail at least one would write back within seconds "I'm still having problems." Every time I got this I wondered "either you speed read faster than Superman (that tutorial takes 20 minutes to walk you through start to finish), or you're being incredibly lazy and don't want to read," except my response was, "So which part of the tutorial gave you problems?" "oh I didn't try it, I was hoping you'd tell me what to do." "I already did that, in the tutorial, whether I type it out here, again, or you read the tutorial, where its already both written and in photo form, you'll still need to read what I've told you."

8 months, 700 customers or so later, I did actually have one customer "but I don't speak enough English to read all that," in which hers was easy I gave her a text only copy to put into her computer's translation program, as Lithuanian isn't a common translation I could provide. She was more than happy to read, just not English.

"I don't want to read what already exists, I want you to type it all out for me again," is most of the mentality. Which is why for most of the info I've given more than twice I just have a word-pad file of text I paste into responses. It saves a ton of time and would, yes save even more if people on a larger scale took a more pro-active stance on finding info. Maybe its just me, the very first time I go into any new group I've been added to or joined on my own is to go to the files section look there to see what's there and look around the first half a dozen posts or so. If only everyone would do that, those who do get frustrated with the same 8 questions over and over and over again could keep more of their resident sanity.

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@Garemlin i think i have seen each of those questions on this very forum. i hate it, but FB has no monopoly on stupid questions. and honestly, i am pretty sure we have all asked a stupid question on occasion. even you dear. ;)

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
View attachment 1376

• etc..................
Seriously???

Ok I'm done

View attachment 1376
I agree man its annoying as hell but as a Computer Engineer the problem is people literally do not know how to research blame the education system you know only 1% of the world either has an advanced degree or the equivalent in Life experience its not just vaping its everything is almost like no one wants to research and just take a chance they want (Mommy) to babysit them and tell them what to read I think its sickening and I have no tolerance at all for that moronic behavior .. Man now you got me upset hahah

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm gonna market a great big red button that all you have to do is press and it does everything for you and I mean everything
haha Hobby Kid you know whats funny I was working for ATT about 10 years ago and we literally built a gui system for them that had a REd button a Green Button it was hilarious the funniest part is management at the time loved it and praised us.. I was laughing so hard now they were paying these Operator equivalent to 2nd line support about 60G a year hahaha and they literally took phone calls and pushed the red or green button, that then took actions they were to dumb to put simple commands in even if typed out or but in a
Faq :)

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
haha Hobby Kid you know whats funny I was working for ATT about 10 years ago and we literally built a gui system for them that had a REd button a Green Button it was hilarious the funniest part is management at the time loved it and praised us.. I was laughing so hard now they were paying these Operator equivalent to 2nd line support about 60G a year hahaha and they literally took phone calls and pushed the red or green button, that then took actions they were to dumb to put simple commands in even if typed out or but in a
Faq :)

Too funny. Perhaps one too many buttons now though !

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
@Garemlin i think i have seen each of those questions on this very forum. i hate it, but FB has no monopoly on stupid questions. and honestly, i am pretty sure we have all asked a stupid question on occasion. even you dear. ;)

Not I. LOL I am one of those rare few that actually knows how to search and research because I don't want to be "that guy". And being around forums for 14 years I know how beneficial the search window can actually be. I will word things every which way just to make sure the question has not been asked.

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
well look at me eat crow. (tastes like chicken)

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So do frog legs. LOL

You know someone told me shark tasted like chicken last time I was at the Gulf here in Texas I ate some Shark and if that is Chicken then it got infested with worms before it was cooked :)

Last edited:

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You know someone told me shark tasted like chicken last time I was at the Gulf here in Texas I ate some Shark and it that is Chicken then got it was infested with worms before it was cooked :)
puke.gif

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
View attachment 1376

• etc..................
Seriously???

Ok I'm done

View attachment 1376

AGREED! This new generation of vapers not only makes my fuggin head hurt, they also make me realize how dumb the world is becoming. :confused:

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years

Not be argumentative, so please do not take it that way, but I think the point Garemlin is making is that there are so many new vaper who do not even try to think for themselves. Usually you can look at the question being asked, and can discern whether the individual is asking because they "tried, and could not find the answer", or they are simply looking for someone to do the all the work of finding answers for them.

I have been vaping for three years, and of course there was a time that I didn't know a damn thing about electronic cigarettes either. I had a lot of questions, but I also knew how to get the answers to the questions I was searching for, and I didn't have to start a new thread, or make a post to get those answers... in fact, to this day, I never have. So I think that is why some people get so frustrated with certain questions, and new vapers, because they know for a fact the all the information one would need is out there, and that you just have to be willing to do the work to find it. :)

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
AGREED! This new generation of vapers not only makes my fuggin head hurt, they also make me realize how dumb the world is becoming. :confused:

I blame "no child left behind", Twitter and the whole group-think mentality of TL;DR.

The more "socially networked" we become, the less intellectual independence some people feel they need. Independent thinking = outcast, it seems.

I was reading actual books at 3-4 y.o. and reading arcane docs about flipping DIP switches to get a 9600 baud modem to work right at 19, I don't get it either.

Last edited:

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not be argumentative, so please do not take it that way, but I think the point Garemlin is making is that there are so many new vaper who do not even try to think for themselves. Usually you can look at the question being asked, and can discern whether the individual is asking because they "tried, and could not find the answer", or they are simply looking for someone to do the all the work of finding answers for them.

I have been vaping for three years, and of course there was a time that I didn't know a damn thing about electronic cigarettes either. I had a lot of questions, but I also knew how to get the answers to the questions I was searching for, and I didn't have to start a new thread, or make a post to get those answers... in fact, to this day, I never have. So I think that is why some people get so frustrated with certain questions, and new vapers, because they know for a fact the all the information one would need is out there, and that you just have to be willing to do the work to find it. :)

Arghhh! I find it even more frustrating when a newbie asks about a set up and it immediately gets swamped by dozens of new vapers crying 'nautilus and mpv. Nautilus and mpv'. You can't interject. They immediately tell you the new vaper won't be able to afford or manage anything else. I felt I had to leave an fb group for this reason.

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I blame "no child left behind", Twitter and the whole group-think mentality of TL;DR.

The more "socially netorked" we become, the less intellectual independence some people feel they need. Independent thinking = outcast, it seems.

I was reading actual books at 3-4 y.o. and reading arcane docs about flipping DIP switches to get a 9600 baud modem to work right at 19, I don't get it either.

And it is so disturbing to me :( With the exception of Integrity, I prize intellect over most everything, but as you said, intellectual independence appears to be out of style these days. Sadly enough, I sometimes get the impression that there are some who prefer a world populated with functionally incapable adults, because it creates the opportunity to be "needed", and feeds the illusion of superiority. *cough* US government :rolleyes:

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I blame everyone and everything even God, Dark Matter and maybe even dimensional rifts in time and space :) hahaha

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
And it is so disturbing to me :( With the exception of Integrity, I prize intellect over most everything, but as you said, intellectual independence appears to be out of style these days. Sadly enough, I sometimes get the impression that there are some who prefer a world populated with functionally incapable adults, because it creates the opportunity to be "needed", and feeds the illusion of superiority. *cough* US government :rolleyes:

From MIB, the movie.

Kay: A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. Everything they've ever "known" has been proven to be wrong. A thousand years ago everybody knew as a fact, that the earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew that the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on it. Imagine what you'll know tomorrow.

"Stupid" people are easier to control. Best to herd them into virtual/online neural networks where they can be monitored and shaped easily by those who are raised to rule.

Idealist and questioning minds are dangerous things, eh? I think the 1950's proved that point pretty well. IMHO, most all forms of government end up as totalitarian states eventually, it's just the corrupt nature of Mankind.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
From MIB, the movie.

"Stupid" people are easier to control. Best to herd them into virtual/online neural networks where they can be monitored and shaped easily by those who are raised to rule.

Idealist and questioning minds are dangerous things, eh? I think the 1950's proved that point pretty well. IMHO, most all forms of government end up as totalitarian states eventually, it's just the corrupt nature of Mankind.
I say we harvest them and use them as Batteries just like the Matrix haha
30051-0-Samsung-Li-Ion-18650-3.7V-2600mAh-(ICR18650-26F)-Rechargeable-Battery-wo-Tabs%201x250.jpg

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

oh it's ok....i am accustomed to someone taking issue with almost everything i say. ain't no big thang.

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

you mean like some of the people in this thread too, right? ;)

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Seems to me now days common sense is a "Super Power":D

clnire

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I did tech support for many years and the stories I could tell!!!

I worry about our future, like when you are in a store and the kid cashier rings you up. Tells you the total. You give the bills and they ring that in. Then you come up with the change and they say "I can't do that, I have to do what the register says." They can't do the simple math to figure out the change. Scary, very scary.

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
From MIB, the movie.

Truer words have never been spoken, and this is why Egomanical type leaders hate the intelligent, self starting, free thinking, self governing types. ;)

And I've never seen MIB the movie, don't judge me!:oops:

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
you mean like some of the people in this thread too, right? ;)

No, I don't really get that impression from anyone that I have observed in this thread, on this forum for that matter ... not yet anyway. :)

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
No, I don't really get that impression from anyone that I have observed in this thread, on this forum for that matter ... not yet anyway. :)

I’m sorry to seem so pissy about this....i will have my say then be gone from this thread. every forum I have been to has an elitist group who think they are superior to the rest. I am probably one of the “less intelligent” people you harp about, but I am smart enough to know when someone is pompous, pretentious and condescending. Treating newbies with disdain is not very nice. (btw, I am not a newbie but am still treated like one because I am not a member of the vaping “hierarchy”).

Nobody is obligated to answer questions from newbies. If it bothers you so much to stoop that low, stay in your popular kids threads…away from the lowlifes. Jesus, it’s just like freaking high school in these forums.

If it weren’t for people looking for help and advice, these forums would possibly be nothing but the “intellectuals” trying to out-intellect each other. Imagine that…..no stupid people to put down!

GmaVapor

Member For 4 Years
Thank you Kelli. If arrogance equals intelligence than I prefer to be stupid. It must be extremely difficult for some of you to live in this imperfect world with all this incompetence surrounding you. I don't know how you do it.

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Wow this thread took a major shit. This has nothing to do with people being pompous, self-righteous or arrogant. It has nothing to do with people being called stupid. It has everything to do with people being too lazy to take the initiative to do something for themselves. Some of the smartest people are also some of the laziest. How hard is it to do a simple search?? How hard is it to do a little research. Some people just want others to do all of the work for them.

Really sad to see some people seem to take offense to something that was never even implied. This is not ECF. I see no superiority complexes, "cool kid" cliques or hierarchy.

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I’m sorry to seem so pissy about this....i will have my say then be gone from this thread. every forum I have been to has an elitist group who think they are superior to the rest. I am probably one of the “less intelligent” people you harp about, but I am smart enough to know when someone is pompous, pretentious and condescending. Treating newbies with disdain is not very nice. (btw, I am not a newbie but am still treated like one because I am not a member of the vaping “hierarchy”).

Nobody is obligated to answer questions from newbies. If it bothers you so much to stoop that low, stay in your popular kids threads…away from the lowlifes. Jesus, it’s just like freaking high school in these forums.

If it weren’t for people looking for help and advice, these forums would possibly be nothing but the “intellectuals” trying to out-intellect each other. Imagine that…..no stupid people to put down!

Ah, don't apologize for being pissy, everyone has something that gets under their skin in a way. Is that not what started this thread? ;)

As far as "elitist groups", I don't recognize any such thing. From my perspective, "Elite" is a figment of one's own imagination, and so it genuinely does not exist.

The "less intelligent" ... also from my perspective, the OP's post, as well as my replies to it, is not about less intelligent people, as much as it is about a sort of "mental lethargy" that some people seem to suffer from. A lack of intelligence, and mental laziness is not at all the same thing, even as one does manifest from the other.

The rest of your comment I cannot speak to because all I get from it is a projection of the psychological baggage that you appear to be carrying from your collective experiences on other forums, and life in general ... and that has nothing to do with me.

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Wow this thread took a major shit. This has nothing to do with people being pompous, self-righteous or arrogant. It has nothing to do with people being called stupid. It has everything to do with people being too lazy to take the initiative to do something for themselves. Some of the smartest people are also some of the laziest. How hard is it to do a simple search?? How hard is it to do a little research. Some people just want others to do all of the work for them.

Really sad to see some people seem to take offense to something that was never even implied. This is not ECF. I see no superiority complexes, "cool kid" cliques or hierarchy.

The best one liner I have read in while. I genuinely LOL'd :p

GargoyleK1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

This is what I thought the thread was about… Meh… What do I know...

VU Sponsors