Become a Patron!

Peppery nic

Wannavape247

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ive got about 350ml of nic i bought nearly a year and a half ago its vg and recently has started to go peppery.
Is there any way to make it not or do i ditch and buy new?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
What brand of Nicotine is it by the way? You say you stored in a dry place but what about the Temperature? I store my Nicotine in a cool dry dark place (Cardboard Box) and have never had Nicotine get peppery even after a year.

Wannavape247

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Aye temp has been 8•c or below and its been air tight since i bought it obviously excluding when using it

Wannavape247

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What brand of Nicotine is it by the way? You say you stored in a dry place but what about the Temperature? I store my Nicotine in a cool dry dark place (Cardboard Box) and have never had Nicotine get peppery even after a year.
Dark star

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well it sounds like you stored it correctly but I am not familiar with Dark Star and I only use Nic Select tasteless. Wish I could be of more help but I am pretty sure others will come and comment.

Wannavape247

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well it sounds like you stored it correctly but I am not familiar with Dark Star and I only use Nic Select tasteless. Wish I could be of more help but I am pretty sure others will come and comment.
Cheers man can i grab the site you use pls

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I buy my DIY liquids from Liquid Barn. Not sure if they do International Shipping but there are other suppliers for Nic Select.

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
to some they call that throat hit nic. peppery is a sign of ageing in my book but @Huckleberried might be able to correct me if i am wrong. the less air in the bottle and the less it is repeatedly opened the better also the higher the nic the quicker it can age.

Wannavape247

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
to some they call that throat hit nic. peppery is a sign of ageing in my book but @Huckleberried might be able to correct me if i am wrong. the less air in the bottle and the less it is repeatedly opened the better also the higher the nic the quicker it can age.
So is there a way to cover that peppery taste or do i ditch it and get fresh

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Maybe it would work in tobacco blends?

Maybe just drop or reduce the FA Black Pepper in recipes that call for it :idea:

Ron
:rolleyes::D:rolleyes:
---
"But the cure to some nightmares is not to be found in known medical journals. You look for it under 'potions for bad dreams,' to be found in... the Twilight Zone."- Rod Serling

Wannavape247

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Been mixing for going on two years now all my flavours come from either rainbowvapes.co.uk or flavourart.co.uk

All my nic vg pg comes from darkstar
Never needed another supplier

Hope this helps

Wannavape247

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Maybe just drop or reduce the FA Black Pepper in recipes that call for it :idea:

Ron
:rolleyes::D:rolleyes:
---
"But the cure to some nightmares is not to be found in known medical journals. You look for it under 'potions for bad dreams,' to be found in... the Twilight Zone."- Rod Serling
My nics peppery not the flavours haha

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My very first nic order I got was peppery. I read about it but didnt know what it was till I tried it. That company lost my business immediately. I switched to Vaperstek and haven't looked back. I still have that old peppery shit in storage incase of emergency lol. I'll never use it.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I am glad others chimed in and this is giving me ideas for my sweetie who I make flavorless for who likes the throat hit. I hate it but she likes it. Subjectivity strikes again?

Last edited:

VU Sponsors