Become a Patron!

Petri BF Atty

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Got some bottom feeder pins from fatdaddyvapes and converted a Petri clone. It takes the 2.5mm pin. Drilled up thru the 510 with a 1/16" bit into the chamber to avoid damaging the female threads. Then down from the chamber with a 5/64" bit to enlarge the hole so the pin would fit thru into the chamber. The Petri has some kind of baseplate/insulator thing which complicates matters a bit. It's working good, I really like this dripper. Only issue is the heads of the hollow bf pins are too long, so the atty doesn't fit flush on the mod and there is a small gap. Was considering (and may still do it) filing the head down, but it needs to fit flat and flush against the 510 mod pin so there is no leaking, and not sure my filing skills are up to that task.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Shorten the squonk pin rather than filing down the base. A dremel cut off tool is your bestest buddy here.

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Pin length is fine, its the thickness of the heads. So the head needs to be cut down. Fully tightened down they protrude too far out of the negative male threads of the attys 510. It's not much of a gap between atty and mod, and my ocd is mild enough that I can probably live with it.

edit - if I can get the insulator out of the 510, shortening that would achieve the same result

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If you can get it out, sand it down on an emery board. I've done that a few times. It works...

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Got a REO Grand clone and cut the top down like a low profile. The clone is kind of cheezy, quality is only fair, but I don't know how it compares to the authentic as I've never had one in my hands. I'll touch up the top when I get a new bottle of aluminum black. This reo/petri combo works pretty good, for sure hits harder than the dripbox.DSC_0003.png

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Got some bottom feeder pins from fatdaddyvapes and converted a Petri clone. It takes the 2.5mm pin. Drilled up thru the 510 with a 1/16" bit into the chamber to avoid damaging the female threads. Then down from the chamber with a 5/64" bit to enlarge the hole so the pin would fit thru into the chamber. The Petri has some kind of baseplate/insulator thing which complicates matters a bit. It's working good, I really like this dripper. Only issue is the heads of the hollow bf pins are too long, so the atty doesn't fit flush on the mod and there is a small gap. Was considering (and may still do it) filing the head down, but it needs to fit flat and flush against the 510 mod pin so there is no leaking, and not sure my filing skills are up to that task.
I think, drilling a hole into the existing pin would have been easier.

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I don't think so. I've tried drilling holes thru pins, one was a success. A drill press would make it easier. You would still have to drill a hole thru the base of the atomizer and the interior insulator (or whatever it is) plate.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I don't think so. I've tried drilling holes thru pins, one was a success. A drill press would make it easier. You would still have to drill a hole thru the base of the atomizer and the interior insulator (or whatever it is) plate.
I wouldn't do this kind of drilling without a drill press.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
It's on the list, but it's a long list...:(
And it keeps getting longer. :) There's always something. However, due to flying R/C CP Helicopter, I already have high quality tools, that I can use for my vaping equipment as well.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Got a REO Grand clone and cut the top down like a low profile. The clone is kind of cheezy, quality is only fair, but I don't know how it compares to the authentic as I've never had one in my hands. I'll touch up the top when I get a new bottle of aluminum black. This reo/petri combo works pretty good, for sure hits harder than the dripbox.View attachment 50044

How'd you cut the top down to convert it to an LP?

I must have put that clone in and out of the FT cart at least a dozen times, lol.

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Well apparently my belt sander grew legs and crawled off, so I used a 12" flat double cut file. It's pretty soft material, but being aluminum you'll need to use a file card (or wire brush) to keep the grooves clean. About a 10 minute job.

VU Sponsors