Become a Patron!

Petri V2 hiccup

Mustang4Life

Member For 4 Years
I love my authentic Petri RDA on Petri lite, but I would like to use it on other mods sometimes. Problem: hybrid connection is stuck to the deck. I tried hot/cold water treatment, using rubber gloves, freezer...nothing helps. It's stuck there for life seems like. I want to be careful not to use pliers like some suggested on another group.

Has anybody run into a similar situation before? What did u do to fix that? Thanks in advance.

fartbubble

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
stick it in the freezer till cold, stick it into hot water then wrap it in rubber & take a nice heavy duty grooved pliers & turn. You'll more than likely ruin the rda but it should come off. That's really the only way to remove a fused rda that I know of

Stepinrazor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
They are not exactly fused, I typically have the same issue with all my straight to battery removable top caps getting stuck on an RDA. It's typically caused by juice getting between the RDA and top cap.

All of my top caps have venting holes, I have a thick pin that is bent into the shape of a U. I place 2 of the ends of the U pin into 2 of the venting holes. Twist the RDA one way and the pin the other and it usually helps separate them.

mrmoodz

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I love my authentic Petri RDA on Petri lite, but I would like to use it on other mods sometimes. Problem: hybrid connection is stuck to the deck. I tried hot/cold water treatment, using rubber gloves, freezer...nothing helps. It's stuck there for life seems like. I want to be careful not to use pliers like some suggested on another group.

Has anybody run into a similar situation before? What did u do to fix that? Thanks in advance.

This happened to me as well. After about 20 minutes of trying to separate the rda from the top piece of the Petri Lite, it finally came off. Rubber gloves and patience paid off in the end.

This happened to my Petri v2 as well. I wound it too tight. I tried freezing, boiling, rubber band, scotch tape, petroleum jelly. What worked is surgical gloves.

VU Sponsors