Become a Patron!

PG from March 2017 .. would you use it?

John C

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a bottle of PG, was opened once or twice...it was made in march 2017 (on the bottle). Its been in a closet the whole time, where it's dark, mostly room temperature, but occasionally a few degrees F above. The bottle is one of the dark maroon types you get from most nic suppliers.

The PG has no noticeable smell and is clear.

I know its not ideal, but would you use it?

Thanks for feedback.

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Have a bottle from 2016 that is still in use and at the rate it is being used it will be 2020 before its finished. You should be good to go as long as there is nothing wrong with the bottle itself. I think PG has a listed shelf life of 2 years.

John C

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
thank you, makes me feel better. I could order more but Im impatient, and dadgummit I wanna use it now. I welcome any other opinions as well.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mine stays in the freezer and fridge, but jwill is right, long as there's no color or odor you should be good. The ultimate test is in the taste though. If you notice anything "funky" when you taste it, dump it.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I had a bottle of PG for a long time that I just forgot about over 2 years and was still fine when I used it. VG/PG will last much longer than Nicotine will once opened. Good Luck and I wouldn't worry about it at all.

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Not that you need another opinion saying essentially the same thing, that it should be fine to use, I'll add mine anyway but with one caveat. I find PG to have a bitter taste personally so if your taste buds happen to be similar, relying on the taste test might not be an accurate indicator. I initially purchased multiple bottles of PG from different sources because I thought it was bad before realizing it was just me. :facepalm:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
heck I would use ejuice from 2016 if it appeared ok and I liked the flavor, etc.

I have flavorings from 2016 that I still use.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
To add to other's... I'm just now finishing off a gallon I bought in 2016 that I just kept in a closet. You should be good to go with your's!

VU Sponsors