Become a Patron!

PG Percantages

Calikid

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey guys I want to make sure I am figuring this right. Because I have a sensitivity to PG over 30%.

My extracts are PG based so if I have a pre-mixed base of 70vg/30pg and I use 10% flavoring,
Since the extracts are PG based does that mean my mix becomes 60vg/40pg ?
I do notice I get to coughing if I go too high on the extracts.

I also have a pre-mixed 100vg with 3mg NIC and I'm assuming the NIC is VG based since it's going into a 100%vg base but who knows. If I use the 100% vg base and put 10% flavor I'm thinking that I now have a 90vg/10pg.
I do not cough or get a sore throat when I use the 100%vg with PG extracts. I guess I need to cut the flavors on the 70/30 base.

I think for my second order of base I'm going to get 100% VG at 0mg NIC and then add my PG and my VG based NIC to it so I can control how much PG I am getting. I do like some PG and if it's 30% I have no issues.

Just making sure I am figuring this out correctly.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
My extracts are PG based so if I have a pre-mixed base of 70vg/30pg and I use 10% flavoring,

I also have a pre-mixed 100vg with 3mg NIC and I'm assuming the NIC is VG based since it's going into a 100%vg base but who knows. If I use the 100% vg base and put 10% flavor I'm thinking that I now have a 90vg/10pg.

Yep, you are correct. And also about your 100% VG w/3mg -- nicotine can be in VG as well as in PG.

Andria

Calikid

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yep, you are correct. And also about your 100% VG w/3mg -- nicotine can be in VG as well as in PG.

Andria

Thanks for the confirmation Andria. Yeah I knew the NIC could have been in either but was assuming if it's 100%vg they would have made it VG based but then again you know what happens when we Assume !! :)- Thanks for the reply. - Michael

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey guys I want to make sure I am figuring this right. Because I have a sensitivity to PG over 30%.

I do notice I get to coughing if I go too high on the extracts.

I do not cough or get a sore throat when I use the 100%vg with PG extracts. I guess I need to cut the flavors on the 70/30 base.

I think for my second order of base I'm going to get 100% VG at 0mg NIC and then add my PG and my VG based NIC to it so I can control how much PG I am getting. I do like some PG and if it's 30% I have no issues.

don't you use an E-juice calculator?Like this http://www.ecigexpress.com/cookbook/ejuice-calculator-4/ there are tons of them to choose from...I usually mix at 75%-80% VG I use a 100mg 100%VG base....

Calikid

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
alculator?Like this http://www.ecigexpress.com/cookbook/ejuice-calculator-4/ there are tons of them to choose from...I usually mix at 75%-80% VG I use a 100mg 100%VG base....

[/quote]
[QUOTE="pulsevape, post: 1694176, member: 4257"]don't you use an E-juice calculator?Like this [URL]http://www.ecigexpress.com/cookbook/ejuice-calculator-4/[/URL] there are tons of them to choose from...I usually mix at 75%-80% VG I use a 100mg 100%VG base....[/QUOTE]

Yeah I always use an e-liquid calculator. I have no VG without NIC though so no way to lower the PG of the 70/30 mix. With my 100%vg It's no problem because my extracts don't total up enough to make it higher than 30%. I'm just going to use 100% VG from now on and I won't have any issues and get some NIC so I can premix my own stuff.

I could not agree with you more: FUCK the FDA ! I love it ! :)

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
yeah I get the VG I use to mix with from an herbalist in town who stocks either palm or coconut VG..no soy VG...

VU Sponsors