Philadelphia flavor ban

Discussion in '#BANTHIS' started by fhpe77, Dec 7, 2019.

1. fhpe77

fhpe77

Blog Posts:
    Looks like Philly is doing this correctly. They are banning flavors in stores that are open to minors. This leaves adults to purchase flavored products at vape shops that are not open to minors. Give the article a read. They used proper logic to arrive at this decision:

https://whyy.org/articles/flavored-vape-ban-for-minors-passes-in-city-council/

Sadly, I live on the other side of the Delaware river in NJ. They never do the right thing in NJ.

-Ray

Rhianne likes this.
  2. The Cromwell

The Cromwell The Frugal Vapist VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    But are vape shops adults only inside?
    As I read it that is a stipulation and to only sell adult required stuff in them.

3. lordmage

lordmage Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Gold Contributor ECF Refugee Member For 5 Years

Blog Posts:
    something to keep in mind this is a local level ordinance the state level is still crappy.

Rhianne likes this.
  4. Rhianne

Rhianne Diamond Contributor ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    This all seems reminiscent of the Civil War. States are doing one thing, the President another, local towns their own thing. There seems to be room for a lot of disagreement here.

5. fhpe77

fhpe77

Blog Posts:
    I'm not sure how they operate in Philly. I've only been to vape shops in South Jersey which all have signs on the front door stating that you have to be at least 21 years old to be served. Same as a liquor store. I was in a shop one time and a young lady entered with her two teenage sisters. The guy at the counter told her that the kiddies had to wait outside before he could serve her. He was concerned that it would appear that she was buying for the teenagers. She probably was. I would have booted them all out.

-Ray