Become a Patron!

phone charger for kanger subox?

KJSvapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
1442707036431.jpg I have a kangertech subox mini with a sony vtc4 battery (it is authentic for sure) it is 3.7V. I currently do not own a battery charger at the moment but just recently I ordered a Nitecore i2 Intellicharge, but it will not be here til Oct. 8 - Oct. 26. Is it okay for me to use my android phone charger to charge my vape until it comes in?

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm not sure about the Kanger, but some mods like the IStick don't recommend charging with over 1 amp, and I see yours is 1.2. Yo're probably alright, but I wouldn't leave it unattended, and make sure the battery doesn't get too warm. I'm sure someone else will chime in with their recommendations though.

KJSvapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm not sure about the Kanger, but some mods like the IStick don't recommend charging with over 1 amp, and I see yours is 1.2. Yo're probably alright, but I wouldn't leave it unattended, and make sure the battery doesn't get too warm. I'm sure someone else will chime in with their recommendations though.
Thank You Mark! I never leave my vape unattended while charging, and I will only need to use it for about another 15 days-a month.

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Be VERY careful removing and inserting the charger, the charge ports on those can break fairly easily I'm guessing, as the one I purchased I got at a discount because the charging port had been broken. Seen a few posts on other forums about it too, just be careful with it tho and u should be fine.

KJSvapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Be VERY careful removing and inserting the charger, the charge ports on those can break fairly easily I'm guessing, as the one I purchased I got at a discount because the charging port had been broken. Seen a few posts on other forums about it too, just be careful with it tho and u should be fine.
Good tip! Thank you Joshua. So you think I will be fine using my android charger til next month if I watch it carefully? Trying not to blow my face off. Thank you.

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
You should be good to go with that charger. I've used phone chargers to charge the mods I had that were USB only charging, so it's a pretty good bet that the kbox mini will work fine as well.

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Oh and as far as performance with a broken USB charger that mine has it still works fine, I just had to break all the USB pins off because it was shorting out and the charge indicator wouldn't shut off even when it was turned off. Still works just fine tho and battery life is pretty good on the batteries I have. I like the mod, I just can't plug it in to the wall and charge it anymore.

VU Sponsors