Become a Patron!

Pico Dual Kit vs Smok Alien 220W Kit.

chuck333

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I'm running a Tesla 80W TC mod with a Toptank Mini and I'm looking to upgrade a bit. I've been considering the two kits I've named in the title. The Pico is a bit cheaper and has a balanced on board charging system so I wouldn't need to lay out extra right away for a separate charger. Does the Alien have that too. Can anyone tell me how these compare having actually used either or both? Does the Pico tank spit at you? I don't want to break the bank and I'm willing to wait for an order from China to arrive. Where's the best places to order either of these?

Last edited:

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
My Opinion (like assholes, everyone has one ;))

I prefer the SMOK Alien MOD as it has no "battery cover" restricting the size of the atty that I can use on the MOD. That is my biggest "beaf" with the PICO systems. To me, the only advantage that the PICO system has, is they are "steathier" style vapes.

I know for a fact that the SMOK Alien mods can also use the USB port as a way to charge both batteries, and they will stay in charge sync. I however can not say that for the PICO systems (I've not reviewed them or watched any reviews on them). I do own the single battery PICO (OK MOD) and own three of the SMOK Alien MODs for the exact reasons above.

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
+1 for the Alien kit just for the Baby Beast tank and all the coil options it has. I do like the simplicity and ease of use that all Eleaf chips/screens have, but Smok knocked it out of the park with the Alien screen. Try vapenw or 3fvape.com

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Can anyone tell me how these compare having actually used either or both?
Yes to both -- The PICO Dual Kit comes with the Melo III tank, which also comes with the PICO single, which I have.
I really like this tank. You can use any of the Aspire Atlantis, Triton, and EVO coils with this tank. I've not had any spit issues unless I have flooded the coil.

I also have the Alien Kit with the Baby Beast atty and the Big Baby Beast atty. I do not run the "standard purchased" coils in these atty though, as I use the rebuildable coils (RBA head). The two coils that I did use (Q2 and Q8), did not spit at me when running the recommended wattage.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
I do not own either kit but a great price on the Smok Alien at EightVape with coupon code Reddit12 will take 12% off your order and super fast shipping is free if spending over $49.99 you will have in 2-3 days instead of China 2-3 weeks!
https://www.eightvape.com/collectio...d-kit-with-tfv8-baby-tank?variant=29985950406
They do not sell the Pico Dual kit.
I purchased the asMODus MinikinV1.5 from EightVape - dual battery 150w mod- these do not come in kits! The AsMODus Minikin V2 180w is another great dual battery mod! I bought the Tobecco Mini Super tank to go with my Minikin V1.5 which is a really nice tank and can use Atlantis, Triton,Tobecco, eleaf Melo coils!
I strongly suggest that you purchase a battery charger and make sure you use married battery sets for any dual battery mod!
https://www.eightvape.com/collectio...itecore-intellicharger-new-i2-battery-charger
https://www.eightvape.com/collections/batteries/products/lg-he4-high-drain-18650-battery
I suggest buying 4 batteries- so 1 set can be used while the other charges!

Last edited:

chuck333

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I do not own either kit but a great price on the Smok Alien at EightVape with coupon code Reddit12 will take 12% off your order and super fast shipping is free if spending over $49.99 you will have in 2-3 days instead of China 2-3 weeks!
https://www.eightvape.com/collectio...d-kit-with-tfv8-baby-tank?variant=29985950406
Shipping to Canada is 20 bucks so after discount the Canadian dollar price is about 95 dollars. That's what my local B&M charges. (Plus tax). So for 13 more I get it right away at the B&M. Customs may charge duty too so it may even be cheaper at the B&M. Thanks for the input though. Thanks to everyone for the input. Maybe I'll buy the Pico Dual mod and a Melo II tank so I'll get more juice capacity. I can do that through Fasttech for about 45 USD.
Yes to both -- The PICO Dual Kit comes with the Melo III tank, which also comes with the PICO single, which I have.
I really like this tank. You can use any of the Aspire Atlantis, Triton, and EVO coils with this tank.
Does the Melo II tank take all of those coils too?

Last edited:

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I don't recall on the Melo II. I'll have to look into that one.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

wally

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Shipping to Canada is 20 bucks so after discount the Canadian dollar price is about 95 dollars. That's what my local B&M charges. (Plus tax). So for 13 more I get it right away at the B&M. Customs may charge duty too so it may even be cheaper at the B&M. Thanks for the input though. Thanks to everyone for the input. Maybe I'll buy the Pico Dual mod and a Melo II tank so I'll get more juice capacity. I can do that through Fasttech for about 45 USD.

Does the Melo II tank take all of those coils too?
Yes

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

chuck333

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
OK I've priced these two at my local BMs. The pico kit is 79.99 CDN & the Smok Alien is 94.99 CDN. Which one would you do?

Raymcconn

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
It still is a great little mod for work, I just have a few 22mm I stick on it. The problem with that is unless it is a tank and those are getting used less and less is the amount of times I need to fill those small RDA's. I am looking for a possible RDTA for it.

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
It still is a great little mod for work, I just have a few 22mm I stick on it. The problem with that is unless it is a tank and those are getting used less and less is the amount of times I need to fill those small RDA's. I am looking for a possible RDTA for it.
If you haven't tried an Aromamizer Supreme, I can highly recommend them. I've got three now and can't stop using them because of awesome flavour and easy build out/wicking.

Today's vape
9f33f3f18e57493bbd02bc5081865ce3.jpg

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Nice setups! Those tanks make the mods look minuscule.
They make a smaller tank, but the dual coil guzzlers go through juice quickly when you really get going

Calikid

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
nd has a balanced on board charging system so I wouldn't need to lay out extra right away for a separate charger. Does the Alien have that too. Can anyone tell me how these compare having actually used either or both? Does the Pico tank spit at you? I don't want to break the bank and I'm willing to wait for an order from China to arrive. Where's the best places to order either of these?

Calikid

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have the Pico dual that came with a 2ml Melo3 mini tank and just recently upgraded the tank to a 4ml lemo3.
I have been using mine with the EC .03 .05 kanthal coils and I love it. Only had it for a month but I love the mod.
I usually run about 60 watts on my .03 and it vapes great. No popping or leaking at all using the included atomizers.
Been charging the batteries on my mod for the whole time and so far so good. I'm no expert yet so just my experience with it. I don't know anything about the Alien but have read great reviews on it. I love my PICO DUAL. If It broke I would buy another one for sure. Got it for $48.99 online from totally wicked in florida. I would not order from china as you may get FAKES. Just my 2 cents.

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
And the Alien does balanced charging. I forgot to mention that.

Calikid

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
IMO, The alien as it opens your options for larger attys in the future. The PICO limits your atty size.

Chuck I could not agree more with you. I love my Pico Dual and I'm happy now with it but I'm sure I will want to go with bigger attys in the near future but it's almost like with my electric guitars, you can never have too many ! mods are the same ! The more the Merrier. :)

Calikid

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Actually though I got a Lemo3 RTA/EC tank for my PICO DUAL and have the RTA on it and wicked up a pair of dual clapton's and I'm loving it.
Excellent flavor at about 65-70 Watts and it handles like a dream even with the air slots all the way open. I like it much better than the EC Deck.

nicounderground

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have the Pico dual that came with a 2ml Melo3 mini tank and just recently upgraded the tank to a 4ml lemo3.
I have been using mine with the EC .03 .05 kanthal coils and I love it. Only had it for a month but I love the mod.
I usually run about 60 watts on my .03 and it vapes great. No popping or leaking at all using the included atomizers.
Been charging the batteries on my mod for the whole time and so far so good. I'm no expert yet so just my experience with it. I don't know anything about the Alien but have read great reviews on it. I love my PICO DUAL. If It broke I would buy another one for sure. Got it for $48.99 online from totally wicked in florida. I would not order from china as you may get FAKES. Just my 2 cents.
Hi .. won't the big baby beast fit on here ? Or is it 22mm as well ? Like the istick pico? I like this dual one but my baby beast sucks juice like mad so I wanted to get a big baby beast ... the firmware is a problem for me for the alien :( .. yes I have an iMac ... so the pico does upgrade with that .. the Alien doesn't :( any ideas ? Thanks :)

nicounderground

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi again .. hey I found it .. the dual will fit 25mm tanks so I can use the big baby beast ... yeye ! Thanks :) info for others too :)

chuck333

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I bought the Alien kit with the Baby Beast tank and I love it. The only problem is it goes through juice way faster than my Toptanks. It's worth it though. The vape production & flavour is awesome. I loved it so much I bought a Big Baby Beast tank too. Then I saw the Pico Dual mod on sale at Vaporl for $18+$5 S&H. Well that's a deal that's hard to pass up. I didn't. I've got that mod enroute now. It should arrive this week or early next. I'll use that as my beater mod. I still have to try my RBA that came with the Big Baby. I'm still using the originally installed coils in both the 3ml Baby and the Big Baby. These coils don't want to die. I don't know why but every time I buy a tank, even a clone, the pre-installed coils are way better than any replacement coils. Anyway the Big Baby tank kit didn't come with cotton for the RBA so I need to get some soon if I'm going to use it. I just keep buying more and more gear.

chuck333

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Hi .. won't the big baby beast fit on here ? Or is it 22mm as well ? Like the istick pico? I like this dual one but my baby beast sucks juice like mad so I wanted to get a big baby beast ... the firmware is a problem for me for the alien :( .. yes I have an iMac ... so the pico does upgrade with that .. the Alien doesn't :( any ideas ? Thanks :)
Maybe go to the library and use their computer.

nicounderground

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I bought the Alien kit with the Baby Beast tank and I love it. The only problem is it goes through juice way faster than my Toptanks. It's worth it though. The vape production & flavour is awesome. I loved it so much I bought a Big Baby Beast tank too. Then I saw the Pico Dual mod on sale at Vaporl for $18+$5 S&H. Well that's a deal that's hard to pass up. I didn't. I've got that mod enroute now. It should arrive this week or early next. I'll use that as my beater mod. I still have to try my RBA that came with the Big Baby. I'm still using the originally installed coils in both the 3ml Baby and the Big Baby. These coils don't want to die. I don't know why but every time I buy a tank, even a clone, the pre-installed coils are way better than any replacement coils. Anyway the Big Baby tank kit didn't come with cotton for the RBA so I need to get some soon if I'm going to use it. I just keep buying more and more gear.
I know right ? I'm out of control since I started with the mods ... I want them all! Oh wow that's a fantastic price on the dual pico !! Thanks I'm going there after this ! I wanted the teal one it's out of stock ... this is great ! So on your big baby beast ... does it last very much longer on the "juice hogging" ? :) I have a baby alien on pre-order and I've been humming and hawing about it ... then I saw the dual pico yeye! Thanks I'll go Cancle my order get a refund (they're out of the cyan or teal colour) it was @ vapenw they had a pretty good price online ... this is much better ! Thanks ... my pre installed Q2 lasted for ever ... I tried some
Other ones (I forgot and to
Lazy to look) but they're not lasting as long as the Q2 ... I bought more and those are just here today :) .... on what's the store ? It says Vapel ? Is that it? Help lol ... I need that price too please :) you rock thanks :)

chuck333

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I know right ? I'm out of control since I started with the mods ... I want them all! Oh wow that's a fantastic price on the dual pico !! Thanks I'm going there after this ! I wanted the teal one it's out of stock ... this is great ! So on your big baby beast ... does it last very much longer on the "juice hogging" ? :) I have a baby alien on pre-order and I've been humming and hawing about it ... then I saw the dual pico yeye! Thanks I'll go Cancle my order get a refund (they're out of the cyan or teal colour) it was @ vapenw they had a pretty good price online ... this is much better ! Thanks ... my pre installed Q2 lasted for ever ... I tried some
Other ones (I forgot and to
Lazy to look) but they're not lasting as long as the Q2 ... I bought more and those are just here today :) .... on what's the store ? It says Vapel ? Is that it? Help lol ... I need that price too please :) you rock thanks :)

The Big Baby tank isn't lasting any longer because it has a different coil pre-installed, the X4 quad coil which is more of a hog than the pre-installed coil in the little baby. Using the same coils though it would probably last longer. I don't think that www.Vaporl.com still has the Pico Dual at that price. It was a special offer I think. Nope just checked. They're $23+S&H now. Still not a bad deal anyway. A helpful fellow vaper said he'd bought one for $18 and I checked it was $23. A few days later I checked again ( I was going to spend the $23) and it was 18 again. Keep checkin back if you're really after the deal.

Last edited:

nicounderground

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ha! What was I thinking ? That is a fav deal tho ! Thanks .. it would t come up in my search ... yeah those are the coils I have now ... so you say it's the coil ? Ahhh ok well I ordered the Q2 again .. I just used the X4 I looked ... ahh ok well I'll have to slow down on my vaping ... hahaha ! Thank you very much ! That price is great .. the lowest I found was $30.00 but still:) .. huge thanks man !

chuck333

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Ha! What was I thinking ? That is a fav deal tho ! Thanks .. it would t come up in my search ... yeah those are the coils I have now ... so you say it's the coil ? Ahhh ok well I ordered the Q2 again .. I just used the X4 I looked ... ahh ok well I'll have to slow down on my vaping ... hahaha ! Thank you very much ! That price is great .. the lowest I found was $30.00 but still:) .. huge thanks man !
Not a problem.
Coincidentally, the postie just arrived and he came bearing gifts. My new Pico Dual is in! I've already done the authenticity check and it's good. Now I need to get some batteries.

nicounderground

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Cool ! And it's authentic :) I checked the site they have a 25% off the whole order :) so I was able to get the mod and the atty!! For 47.00 OTD :) thank you ! Oh cool you have a new Toy let us know how it goes :) I use the Lion wholes sale for my batteries I love them :)

Calikid

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Maybe go to the library and use their computer.

The pico dual says it will fit a 25mm MAX but I have had a 26mm on it, it hangs off quite a bit but does not bother me. I recently got a 25mm Goon RDA and I love it on the Pico dual. It also fits my Vaporflask Stout really good. I'm so stoked with the Goon RDA I have not used my tanks in a while. The flavor is UN-believable !! Not real good for mobile use as I have to drip it quite a bit as it only holds 1.5ml or so in the bottom. I got the 1:1 Clone of the Goon.

nicounderground

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The pico dual says it will fit a 25mm MAX but I have had a 26mm on it, it hangs off quite a bit but does not bother me. I recently got a 25mm Goon RDA and I love it on the Pico dual. It also fits my Vaporflask Stout really good. I'm so stoked with the Goon RDA I have not used my tanks in a while. The flavor is UN-believable !! Not real good for mobile use as I have to drip it quite a bit as it only holds 1.5ml or so in the bottom. I got the 1:1 Clone of the Goon.
Yeah thanks I love my lil pico ... the dual is so cool ... the lilnone sucks becuse of the battery even tho smok copied it :)! Too on their baby alien .. which I almost got .. but the firmware ... being a Mac owner sucks sometimes .. what atty do you have on yours ? I have my baby beast on my pico but I'm getting the baby beast and the 200w the dual pico :) soon .. when they refund me ... I have a pre-order thank god it's not here .. I really want that pico :) .. yeah I know even my 3ml sucks juice like crazy .. ao you don't use your melo either ? I didn't like that one .. that atty

Calikid

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The melo3 mini I did not like at all. I got a Melo3 RTDA and it's much better. Love the air flow but the build deck sucks. I also got a Kangertech Pro4 RDTA Clearomizer and I like a lot of the features but the air flow sucks. I alternate between my Melo3 and the Goon RDA. I've been thinking of getting a SMOK Baby beast and trying that out for my tank.

Calikid

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What atty. is that ? Cool ! Looking :) oh wait you told me .. ha! Keep staring at the whole thing :) thanks ! So cool .. I'm dying to buy mine now :) ...

I actually am running it with some 26ga 2.5ID duals. I seem to like the micro coils on this one about 0.38 ohms 40-50 watts. Amazing flavor. I tried 3mm coils but it seems too harsh. I'm using 3mg NIC with it.

VU Sponsors