• Total voters

NightOwl

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hello fellow vapers. I am new here and have two REO minis (14500 original versions) bottom feeders- One black anodized and one ebony wood one- sitting unused in my vape drawer. I'd like to pass these on to someone who would use them and even better if they couldn't normally afford them.

I was used to using the ECF PIF Treasure Chest and not sure how to go about giving things away on Vaping Underground. Maybe someone can offer some advice so they go to a good vaper rather than a passing scam artist. Rather reassuring I will not be outright banned if I screw this up.

The photo of the two bottom feeder REO minis is my avatar photo since I couldn't seem to figure out how to upload photos on this forum.

Along with the minis, I have 10 or so 14500 red AW batteries, some new empty bottles, a new plastic tube, and possibly a spare spring. I will pass those along with the mods. The only thing I don't have is a spare charger.

These are discontinued but I think REOmods will still make adjustments to widen the juice well to fit some of the thinner RDAs for a small fee.. I mostly used HH.357s with them for a low profile.

Minis are very stealth and the 14500 batteries are good on the go or for non-chain vapers. The metal one has a few small dings on the bottom corners but the door is brand new. The Ebony wood one is beautiful has been barely used. Both are in top working order and clean.

Any advice on how to fairly give these away?

NightOwl

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
REOFAMILYPIF.jpg Cool I got the photo to load.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I would suggest getting to know the folks active in our PIF section and screen anyone you may have thoughts of Pif'ing to, there are always going to be some claiming they need something , when in fact they are scammers, I have seen it happen in every forum I have been on, so use caution and thank-you for being so generous to other less fortunate vaping members . Welcome to our forum, and glad you found us:)

NightOwl

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks Whiskey. I remember you from the BWB hey days. I stopped following soon after you left, it was never the same. Casa is still my ADV after unflavored.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks Whiskey. I remember you from the BWB hey days. I stopped following soon after you left, it was never the same. Casa is still my ADV after unflavored.
Casablanca, Nice smooth spicey tobacco, Nom Nom Nom
Tell Don, Whiskey says "Hey" :):)

scarecrowjenkins

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I've never used a bottom feeder, but i know they're quite popular. I'm sure they'll find a good home here somewhere, good folks here at the underground! Good luck!

Demoniacal

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Those are great looking little mods, I'd love one of them, but I'm sure someone better deserving than me would be able to put it to good use as well. I would probably just use it for driving ( dripping on my Sig 150 while I drive isn't exactly the safest idea )

dave/jayce

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Very generous of you. I never used one but here great things about them. As far as a way to give them away, you'll know who deserves one once you spend sometime here.

VapeAddict

Member For 4 Years
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Night Owl, I would be grateful if I could receive the REO Mini. I'm trying to get my wife, and a co-worker from work to stop smoking and start vaping. My wife is warming up to vaping, but turns her nose up at some of the box mod because it doesn't look girly or small. I don't know how you're qualifying people to be eligible to receive this, but I would be truly grateful. Blessings to you.

Hey I'm new to this whole vape stuff but I would b honored to get some of that stuff I'm quitting smoking cause my son is due April 23rd and I want to be around to watch him grow

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Any advice on how to fairly give these away?

Read the posts, think a bit, and then make your choice. I love my Reo's. Have 2, one 18500 model, and the other and 18650. Squonking is the best when your are driving, so you don't drip and drive:D

Vaperjim

Not here for the Drama!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Very generous of you Nightowl. Have a Reo, and really like it. Sure someone will be very grateful. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NightOwl

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Night Owl, I would be grateful if I could receive the REO Mini. I'm trying to get my wife, and a co-worker from work to stop smoking and start vaping. My wife is warming up to vaping, but turns her nose up at some of the box mod because it doesn't look girly or small. I don't know how you're qualifying people to be eligible to receive this, but I would be truly grateful. Blessings to you.

If your wife was already vaping cig lookalikes or something, I'd consider sending it to you but I don't want it to going unused at my house to going unused at yours. If she's not vaping, I don't think a black mini REO will be the thing to convince her.

NightOwl

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Very generous of you. I never used one but here great things about them. As far as a way to give them away, you'll know who deserves one once you spend sometime here.

Seems most respondents are new members who spend most of their posts in contest or trade threads. I was hoping I'd find someone pretty fast. REO minis are a good step up for people who don't like fiddling with tanks on cigar types batteries and don't need the low ohm vape. There doesn't seem to be all that many ego or cigalike vapers on VU.

I did find a collector ZoeBoy who would like the ebony wood one for his REO collection.

I'll wait a full 24 hours before I decide, so I catch all the other night owls.

Last edited:

NightOwl

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Those are great looking little mods, I'd love one of them, but I'm sure someone better deserving than me would be able to put it to good use as well. I would probably just use it for driving ( dripping on my Sig 150 while I drive isn't exactly the safest idea )

If you are dripping on a Sig 150 and building your own coils, the mini REO is not for you. Despite the danger, you'll end up dripping into the Sig 150 behind the wheel. Maintaining two battery types isn't worth it just for driving. The 14500 batteries will run a 1.5 HH.357 atomizer for about two hours and storing extra batteries in your car in the summer is not a good idea.

You'd be happy with an LP REO grand for driving. It could go sub ohm, take a RDA, and use the 18650s you already have. Unfortunately for you, I'm not giving those away today.

Mykline

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have been watching a lot of videos about REOs. A friend on ECF has a friend on ECF who is big on REOs and has a lot of videos out about them. My friend on ECF is a offline friend also and I trust his judgement. I am at the point where I want to go with a REO or just a RDA to use on a box mod. Would like a REO though because I like the idea of just squeezing a bottle to wet the wick from the bottom.

NightOwl

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have been watching a lot of videos about REOs. A friend on ECF has a friend on ECF who is big on REOs and has a lot of videos out about them. My friend on ECF is a offline friend also and I trust his judgement. I am at the point where I want to go with a REO or just a RDA to use on a box mod. Would like a REO though because I like the idea of just squeezing a bottle to wet the wick from the bottom.

Ask your friend if the Ver 1 Mini would work for you. You'd have to use an 510 extension adapter or send it to REOmods to get the juice well bored down to fit an RDA. It's sized for a regular atomizer. Even after the fix you'd be limited to smaller based single coil RDAs just because the Reo mini is pretty small. I know the RM1 or RM2 on their site will fit once it gets the bored down.

Your needs seem closer to a Grand or the ver2 minis.

A version 1 mini is ideal for someone who wants no fussing by filling the bottle and using a regular 1.5 or greater atomizer (even cartos work) and is either a low volume or extreme stealth vaper. The mini would fit easily in a pocket if you are sneaking occasional vapes at work. It's a self contained vaping wonder, just small.

The metal body is 3 inches tall, 1 3/8 wide, 3/4 inch deep. It holds 2ml liquid bottle and one 14500 battery. It's 100% mechanical and indestructible. You can wash it under a faucet.

Vaperjim

Not here for the Drama!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ask your friend if the Ver 1 Mini would work for you. You'd have to use an 510 extension adapter or send it to REOmods to get the juice well bored down to fit an RDA. It's sized for a regular atomizer. Even after the fix you'd be limited to smaller based single coil RDAs just because the Reo mini is pretty small. I know the RM1 or RM2 on their site will fit once it gets the bored down.

A version 1 mini is ideal for someone who wants no fussing by filling the bottle and using a regular 1.5 or greater atomizer (even cartos work) and is either a low volume or extreme stealth vaper. The mini would fit easily in a pocket if you are sneaking occasional vapes at work. It's a self contained vaping wonder, just small.

The metal body is 3 inches tall, 1 3/8 wide, 3/4 inch deep. It holds 2ml liquid bottle and one 14500 battery. It's 100% mechanical and indestructible. You can wash it under a faucet.
You really know your stuff. Welcome to VU.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NightOwl

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Wood mini has gone to a REO collector, ZoeBoy. He's missing a wood mini, which will probably never ever be made again in any version. It will be cherished. I'm sure he'll pay it forward in other ways.

So just the black anodized mini REO version 1 (some 14500 batteries included) left to PIF.

brandonduerr

Member For 4 Years
nice looking out for the guy that needed it
i am really hopeing i get picked for the black one as i want to piff my mod i have now to my mom

dave/jayce

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Seems most respondents are new members who spend most of their posts in contest or trade threads. I was hoping I'd find someone pretty fast. REO minis are a good step up for people who don't like fiddling with tanks on cigar types batteries and don't need the low ohm vape. There doesn't seem to be all that many ego or cigalike vapers on VU.

I did find a collector ZoeBoy who would like the ebony wood one for his REO collection.

I'll wait a full 24 hours before I decide, so I catch all the other night owls.
If your looking to do it that fast, I'm mean I would always love one, there is a squonker in me that would love to be released.

bondo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wood mini has gone to a REO collector, ZoeBoy. He's missing a wood mini, which will probably never ever be made again in any version. It will be cherished. I'm sure he'll pay it forward in other ways.

So just the black anodized mini REO version 1 (some 14500 batteries included) left to PIF.
I like this post because it goes to show that "paying it forward" doesn't always have to benefit the less fortunate.
you can PIF to anyone,anywhere and anytime.
the world would be a lot better if folks looked out for each other without wanting anything in return save for the hopes that the individual would do the same given the opportunity.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What an awesome pif to someone who would really appreciate a bottom feeder. I actually did sell my 14500, because I prefer the larger ones, but it's a wonderful little mod for the right person. Mine did work well with a regular RM2 from Rob's website - no work needed to get it to fit.

Mykline

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Talked to my friend and he said I would be better off with a Grand. He knows what I like and that was his suggestion. Thanks for the concideration.

NightOwl

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What an awesome pif to someone who would really appreciate a bottom feeder. I actually did sell my 14500, because I prefer the larger ones, but it's a wonderful little mod for the right person. Mine did work well with a regular RM2 from Rob's website - no work needed to get it to fit.

I just tried my RM2 on it and it doesn't quite fit. It's close and possibly if I adjusted the connection up it would connect, but I don't want to mess with it because it hits so well as it is and now is not the time to break it. I've crossed the line of thinking of it as someone's else's.. It definitely would be great with the RM2 (Reomeister Version 2 RDA from REOmod site for those that don't know REOs) with a REO haircut.

My mini is almost 4 years old now. The RM2 I purchased when they first came out, can't remember exactly the timing. The first year I had the mini I used it equally with the Grand and 1.5 HH.357s. They hit the same so I was indifferent, it just didn't last as long. Over the past year I have only used it a few times in airplane bathrooms and a stealth black tie occasion. I've been topping up the battery charges every so often and frankly between my 14500s, 18650s and the 18350s, it's too much maintenance for too little use. Thus the PIF.

Maybe yours is newer and Rob started boring the juice well bigger. It is close. The RM2 works on my mini with the 510 extension, but it looks stupid sticking up so high.

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Super generous of you, and welcome to VU. If you haven't made your decision yet, please put my name in the hat. I would love try this little Reo and give it a good home. I have looked at the larger ones but I have very small hands, this one looks like it would be comfortable for me. Thanks for joining us here!

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just tried my RM2 on it and it doesn't quite fit. It's close and possibly if I adjusted the connection up it would connect, but I don't want to mess with it because it hits so well as it is and now is not the time to break it. I've crossed the line of thinking of it as someone's else's.. It definitely would be great with the RM2 (Reomeister Version 2 RDA from REOmod site for those that don't know REOs) with a REO haircut.

My mini is almost 4 years old now. The RM2 I purchased when they first came out, can't remember exactly the timing. The first year I had the mini I used it equally with the Grand and 1.5 HH.357s. They hit the same so I was indifferent, it just didn't last as long. Over the past year I have only used it a few times in airplane bathrooms and a stealth black tie occasion. I've been topping up the battery charges every so often and frankly between my 14500s, 18650s and the 18350s, it's too much maintenance for too little use. Thus the PIF.

Maybe yours is newer and Rob started boring the juice well bigger. It is close. The RM2 works on my mini with the 510 extension, but it looks stupid sticking up so high.

I don't think mine was newer - it was an original anodized Reo (I don't think he made those for that long before making the V2). And it fitted all my RM2s. In any event, it was an adorable little device, but I sold it because like you I had too many different size batteries, along with a mini 2.0 and a couple of grands! Someone will love this though :)

NightOwl

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If your looking to do it that fast, I'm mean I would always love one, there is a squonker in me that would love to be released.

If I had a Grand to give away, you'd have been my hands down first choice because you have the best comment history of helping other people and contributing to discussions. I didn't chose you because you are too sophisticated of a vaper to really appreciate a mini long term.

nice looking out for the guy that needed it
i am really hopeing i get picked for the black one as i want to piff my mod i have now to my mom

Until 15 minutes ago, you were my first choice mostly because I figured you'd eventually put it in a PIF box if you didn't use it. You have dabbled in mods with higher wattage, so I never felt it was the perfect mod for you. Unfortunately for you, misswish posted and I think she's a better fit. A mini would be most appreciated by someone who matches its petite attributes, plus misswish helps other people with DYI and probably would make good use of the small bottles. So sorry, you were so, so close.

Super generous of you, and welcome to VU. If you haven't made your decision yet, please put my name in the hat. I would love try this little Reo and give it a good home. I have looked at the larger ones but I have very small hands, this one looks like it would be comfortable for me. Thanks for joining us here!

So misswish, it's yours if you want it. Start a conversation with me and send me your address. I can provide an email if you prefer. Do you have a charger? I recommend the XTARs. I'll send you at least 6 fully charged batteries, so you can use it before a charger would arrive. I'll send any extra bits and repair pieces like spring, tubes, buttons, extra bottles, etc. I find that fit it. I think you are going to really like the mini.

Phew, I'm done. Thanks everyone for your interest and comments. I may have some less exciting misc things to give away once I finish my taxes. I'm determined to stop hoarding vape supplies. I think I like starting my own thread to give things away rather than being part of a long Treasure Chest like thread. I definitely like not walking on egg shells as I post. Thank you VU.

brandonduerr

Member For 4 Years
ok thats fine man
If I had a Grand to give away, you'd have been my hands down first choice because you have the best comment history of helping other people and contributing to discussions. I didn't chose you because you are too sophisticated of a vaper to really appreciate a mini long term.

Until 15 minutes ago, you were my first choice mostly because I figured you'd eventually put it in a PIF box if you didn't use it. You have dabbled in mods with higher wattage, so I never felt it was the perfect mod for you. Unfortunately for you, misswish posted and I think she's a better fit. A mini would be most appreciated by someone who matches its petite attributes, plus misswish helps other people with DYI and probably would make good use of the small bottles. So sorry, you were so, so close.

So misswish, it's yours if you want it. Start a conversation with me and send me your address. I can provide an email if you prefer. Do you have a charger? I recommend the XTARs. I'll send you at least 6 fully charged batteries, so you can use it before a charger would arrive. I'll send any extra bits and repair pieces like spring, tubes, buttons, extra bottles, etc. I find that fit it. I think you are going to really like the mini.

Phew, I'm done. Thanks everyone for your interest and comments. I may have some less exciting misc things to give away once I finish my taxes. I'm determined to stop hoarding vape supplies. I think I like starting my own thread to give things away rather than being part of a long Treasure Chest like thread. I definitely like not walking on egg shells as I post. Thank you VU.

ok thats fine

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yes, congrats Misswish!!! Chalking up yet another squonker to the ranks!!!! :D

Last edited:

dave/jayce

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm taking your response with more joy than receiving it. It would have been nice to vape for a while but your right, I prob would have put it down after a week or two. I do it now with all my gear. I vape it for a month or so then move on to something else. The good thing I'm getting a growing rotation to keep things fresh. Congrats to the two picked to receive these, don't forget this was a PIF, you just took a vow to pay it forward.....pass the love on in the future in some shape or form.
@NightOwl hope to cross paths again on here....you done good.....

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
welcome and way to go OP. it is always nice to see a PIF

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Lol, Zamazam. I hope to master the squonk without to much of a mess :rolleyes::oops:

Preparing to Squonk is Squinking, during the act it's Squonking. After the act, it's Squonked. If a crowd of people are Squonking, it's a Squank, or on the East Cost of the U.S., A Cluster F'n Squonk, Plural for multiple Squonk mods is Squonki. A Squonk Mod with a hard to pronounce name is called "Bob".

Example in a paragraph: Misswish was getting ready for a night out on the town by Squinking up her Squonk. She was meeting up with a group of friends to attend the Frozen Zombies on a Stick concert, afterwards she planned to attend a post concert Squank with her friends. After the concert Misswish noticed most of the people in the after concert party were from New Jersey and New York. "This ain't a damn Squank!" Misswish yelled, "It's a Cluster F'n Squonk!"

Last edited:

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Preparing to Squonk is Squinking, during the act it's Squonking. After the act, it's Squonked. If a crowd of people are Squonking, it's a Squank, or on the East Cost of the U.S., A Cluster F'n Squonk, Plural for multiple Squonk mods is Squonki. A Squonk Mod with a hard to pronounce name is called "Bob".

Example in a paragraph: Misswish was getting ready for a night out on the town by Squinking up her Squonk. She was meeting up with a group of friends to attend the Frozen Zombies on a Stick concert, afterwards she planned to attend a post concert Squank with her friends. After the concert Misswish noticed most of the people in the after concert party were from New Jersey and New York. "This ain't a damn Squank!" Misswish yelled, "It's a Cluster F'n Squonk!"

at least she did not go squish :p

thanks for the laughs Z..
and to the OP, thanks for doing a beautiful thing to help others out :)

VU Sponsors