Become a Patron!

Pinup marilyn clone recipie/ the perfect best butterscotch Carmel custard ejuice

Ok guys so ive been at this one for awhile and this is my XXth time updating this. Its getting very close Marilyn is one of the few juices I vape so I really want it perfect
Fa butterscotch 4%
Fa Carmel 3%
Fa vanilla tahiti 5%
Fa custard 1%
Fa cinnamon 1/2-1 drop per 30 mil
(Just enough to balance out the custard)
Tfa brown sugar 1%
Sweetener 1%
pg 10%

Steeping is needed. This is getting very close, it even looks just right after a steep
Thanks guys, feel free to post adjustments and help get this more perfect

Thank you all for comments i have taken them into consideration and this recipie has been edited and greatly improved

Does anyone know if the original contains diketones if so FW carmel candy at 4% and fa butterscotch at 3% plus the rest is quite good

Last edited:

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm not familiar with Marilyn Monroe but this I do know.

Vanilla Bourbon has no liquor taste. It's rich, deep vanilla. If that's what you want, go for FA bourbon which is a whiskey flavoring.

Best of luck on your journey! :)

I'm not familiar with Marilyn Monroe but this I do know.

Vanilla Bourbon has no liquor taste. It's rich, deep vanilla. If that's what you want, go for FA bourbon which is a whiskey flavoring.

Best of luck on your journey! :)

Thanks great advice, i have changed the recipie since but it still is very good with the Fa Jamaican rum switched with Fa bourbon

Marilyn is my favorite juice, I am just now ordering flavorings to try and clone this juice myself. I will have to order your flavors and see how close it is.
How long do you steep your juice after you have made it?

Thanks again for posting this, I thought I was the only one in love with this flavor hehe

lownote2

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
That is a ton of sweetener. I remember the first time trying Marilyn, I thought it was fantastic. It's made by pinup vapors btw. I went through the bottle sparingly because it is expensive. Bought another bottle, still loved it. On my third bottle I began to not like it near as much. I still have half a bottle that hasn't been touched for months.

I don't use sweetener in any of my recipes. Usually the right mixtures are sweet enough. I'll probably order a bottle one of these days because I have a few recipes I'd like to be just a tad sweeter, but I don't have any experience with using any.

That said, that's pretty much to me what anything from pinup vapors is, and also the reason I don't like it anymore. It has too much sweetener. It just begins to overwhelm after awhile and I got to the point where I really didn't like it. I don't know what percentages they are using since I don't have any experience using sweetener, but you can definitely tell it's a lot. Seems that's the trend with a lot of "premium" juices; add some flavor and toss in a lot of sweetener. I don't like it.

Kudos to the clone try though. It's a mixture of custard/butterscotch/caramel if I remember correctly.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Ok guys so ive been at this one for awhile and this is my 4th time updating this. Its getting very close Marilyn is one of the few juices I vape so I really want it perfect
Fa butterscotch 3%
Fw Carmel candy 2%
Fa Carmel 1%
Fa Jamaican rum 3%
Tfa sweetener 15%
3drops per 30 ml fa custard

This seems very close, as close as I've seen anywhere.

Since you're using FW Caramel Candy, I assume diketones are not a concern. And in that case, you might like to try Butterscotch by Nature's Flavors. It's very sweet, like the yellow disc hard candies. It might help reduce that 15% sweetener. If diketones are a concern, ignore me.

I have tried nf butterscotch, to me its More of a bubblegum flavor, its Good sparingly. And yes that Say's 15% I arrived at that number based on another pinup clone that is very accurate. Of course sweeten to your liking, im actually not sure if Marilyn has diketone

Last edited:
This is the best so far getting close and is a very good carmel custard on its own, please if you make this leave some notes on here. We can get this one in the bag

Last edited:
I have tried nf butterscotch, to me its More of a bubblegum flavor, its Good sparingly. And yes that Say's 15% I arrived at that number based on another pinup clone that is very accurate. Of course sweeten to your liking, im actually not sure if Marilyn has diketone

Hey do you have a link to that recipe with the 15% sweetner. i was going off that recipe when i bought my stuff and now cant find it online. i would apreciate it .

AyeJay

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hey do you have a link to that recipe with the 15% sweetner. i was going off that recipe when i bought my stuff and now cant find it online. i would apreciate it .

It was a clone of Betty
10% FA Forest Fruit
15% TFA Sweetener

Chrispdx

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I totally want to try this. I see a change removing the FW caramel candy and uping FA caramel. Which should be fine, but what about the "candy" aspect.

What do people think? Maybe a touch of tpa brown sugar, or toasted marshmallow? 0.25%. I think the candy aspect is what may be taking the mix close to the original.

BenjaTheNinja

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I played around with this clone as well and got pretty close.

Cap- vanilla custard 7%
Tfa- Bavarian cream 3%
Fw- candy caramel 3%
Fw- butterscotch 2%
Diyfs- holy vanilla 3%
Tfa- marshmallow 2%

Yes I'm aware what's in these flavors. They are measured in parts per million. Such a small risk to take when you already smoked for 20 years of you're life.

Hey! Thanks for sharing this. Im just getting into mixing my own liquids and this one would be my first ever. I was trying to input your values in the www.steam-engine.org/juice.asp# ejuice calculator and noticed you dont mention how much VG or what is the vg/pg ratio. Would you please clarify this for me? Thank you so much.

Ok guys so ive been at this one for awhile and this is my XXth time updating this. Its getting very close Marilyn is one of the few juices I vape so I really want it perfect
Fa butterscotch 4%
Fa Carmel 3%
Fa vanilla tahiti 5%
Fa custard 1%
Tfa brown sugar 1%
Sweetener 1%
pg 10%

Steeping is needed. This is getting very close, it even looks just right after a steep

Thank you all for comments i have taken them into consideration and this recipie has been edited and greatly improved

Does anyone know if the original contains diketones if so FW carmel candy at 4% and fa butterscotch at 3% plus the rest is quite good
thi

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Hey! Thanks for sharing this. Im just getting into mixing my own liquids and this one would be my first ever. I was trying to input your values in the www.steam-engine.org/juice.asp# ejuice calculator and noticed you dont mention how much VG or what is the vg/pg ratio. Would you please clarify this for me? Thank you so much.
This is the beauty of DIY, you get to make your juice at the ratio that works for you. The recipes posted here are just a guide, adjust to fit your own sense of taste.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Makes sense but wouldn't different ratios change the flavoring?
Thanks!
You may need to tweak to fit your own taste and ratio. All in all I have found I don't need to change the percentages of flavors based on the ratio of PG/VG, but that's my taste buds.

Mix the recipe as is. If you really like it then you're golden. If you feel it needs work that's when you start tweaking.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
i have been vaping MARILYN quite a bit I am thinking their is some butter rum of some brand in it still trying to figure out which

You may need to tweak to fit your own taste and ratio. All in all I have found I don't need to change the percentages of flavors based on the ratio of PG/VG, but that's my taste buds.

Mix the recipe as is. If you really like it then you're golden. If you feel it needs work that's when you start tweaking.

Thank you so much for all your help. I was able to order the flavours from FA. However, im having a hard time finding these
"Tfa brown sugar 1%
Sweetener 1%
pg 10%"

What do you mean by sweetener? Is this another type of liquid? and by the PG 10%.. Does this just mean he uses 10% pg and 90% VG?
I apologize if i am becoming annoying. As i said, this would be my first time ever trying it out and i REALLY appreciate all of your help and everyone else's on this forum.

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I was able to order the flavours from FA. However, im having a hard time finding these
"Tfa brown sugar 1%
Sweetener 1%
pg 10%"

What do you mean by sweetener? Is this another type of liquid?

Neither is made by FA

A common sweetener used in DIY is
http://www.bullcityflavors.com/sweetener-tfa/

Brown sugar (tfa)
http://www.bullcityflavors.com/brown-sugar-extra-tfa/

Other sellers also carry these 2 items...

Ron
---
"Ain't nobody's business, if I bark like a dog."- Muddy Waters

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
got it! Ordering them now! Thanks a lot and have a good weekend

If from Bull City, don't forget to use the coupon code...

VU6

(6% DISCOUNT)

Ron
---
"The beautiful thing about learning is nobody can take it away from you."- B. B. King

Fa butterscotch 4%
Fa Carmel 3%
Fa vanilla tahiti 5%
Fa custard 1%
Tfa brown sugar 1%
Sweetener 1%
pg 10%

Ok here is what I use. I find after about 3 to 4 weeks steep time. it is pretty close. I had 5 others test and all agreed about 95-98% there.

Butterscotch 4%
Caramel Original DX 3%
Vanilla Tahiti 5%
Vanilla Custard (V1) 1%
Cinnamon 0.1% (Do NOT over do it) I mix about 480ml at a time and use add 0.48ml

Steep for a minimum of a week. it is a shake and vape, but.. it tastes so much better after time. Enjoy.

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ok here is what I use.

Butterscotch 4%
Caramel Original DX 3%
Vanilla Tahiti 5%
Vanilla Custard (V1) 1%
Cinnamon 0.1% (Do NOT over do it) I mix about 480ml at a time and use add 0.48ml

Flavor brands are ??

Ron
---
"Milk is for babies. When you grow up you have to drink beer."- Arnold Schwarzenegger

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Ok here is what I use. I find after about 3 to 4 weeks steep time. it is pretty close. I had 5 others test and all agreed about 95-98% there.

Butterscotch 4%
Caramel Original DX 3%
Vanilla Tahiti 5%
Vanilla Custard (V1) 1%

Steep for a minimum of a week. it is a shake and vape, but.. it tastes so much better after time. Enjoy.

What brands are these flavors;)

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I wanted to mention that the original is 70/30 if you try it at 80/20 its a bit bland I have it close as well but its still off a bit

Budsmoon

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
I am still fairly new to vaping (started Feb 14) so not ready to start making my own juice yet (I plan to try my hand at it once I am down to 0 nicotine). This is my very fave juice but it is entirely too expensive. :( I smoked for over 30 years and was at two packs or more per day yet I had my last stinkie within 3 weeks of vaping. This juice was the biggest help though I used it sparingly because of the price. I am actually getting antsy now just from knowing I am down to about 10ml

VU Sponsors