Become a Patron!

Pioneer4You IPV Xyanide 200W Box Mod

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi Vaping Underground members, In this review i take a look at the IPV Xyanide 200W Box Mod from Pioneer4You. The Pioneer4You IPV Xyanide 200W Box Mod was supplied for the purpose of this review by Alina from Everzon.

https://www.everzon.com/de/pioneer4you-i...x-mod.html

Introduction

The IPV Xyanide is a dual 18650 device powered by the YiHi SX460 chipset to rival the best devices in the market place. It has a TFT 0.9" HD colour screen and boasts 200W of power. It has temp control with anti-dry burn technology and flavour mode which gives the choice between Powerful, Powerful+, Soft or Standard. It has a very futuristic look which will divide opinion when it comes to it's aesthetics and there are also LED's on the back of the device.

In the Box

Contents:

Xyanide 200W Box Mod
USB Cable
User Manual
Warranty Card
Battery safety Card
Gift box

Aesthetics and ergonomics

The Xyanide comes in typical cardboard box packaging, and once opened i was met by a very unique looking device, sometimes i look at it and i think medieval looking yet other times i think futuristic. I really don't think aesthetically anyone will sit on the fence they will either (like me) really like the look of the Xyanide or think it's ugly. I received the Black version, it's also available in Red, Gunmetal, Rainbow, Blue and Green, so many colour options. The device is quite heavy and i was concerned the ergonomics wouldn't be very good because of it's weird shape but i was very surprised as it's a natural thumb firer with the rest of the hand wrapping comfortably around the device. The Xyanide has raised areas and different shapes all over the device so when it comes to most of the describing i will just leave it to the pics. The device is a 4 button device we have the 2 navigational buttons and the select button clustered together towards the bottom of the front of the device, they together almost form a circle. At the top of the front we have the fire button which sorry to be morbid but i can only describe as a coffin shape, below is the colour screen. I will finish the description and leave it to the pictures by just mentioning the 510 is on a raised circular section and the rim to the threading that houses the spring loaded 510 is raised so there will be a gap between tanks and the device, the overall build quality is good.

Xyanide Specs and Features:

Dimensions - 102.5mm by 47mm by 36mm
Dual High-Amp 18650 Battery - Not Included
Optional Dual High-Amp 18650 Battery
Advanced YiHi SX460 Processor
Wattage Output Range: 5-200W
Joule Output Range: 10-120J
Voltage Output Range: 1-9.5V
Temperature Control Range: 212-572F
Mininum Atomizer Resistance: 0.05ohm
Comprehensive Temperature Control Suite
TCR Adjustments
Power & Joule Memory Modes
Flavour Mode - Soft, Standard, Powerful, Powerful+
Anti-Dry Burning Technology
High-Quality Zinc Alloy Construction
Sharp Futuristic Lines
Anti-Slip Silicone Grip
Centralized Control Face Design
0.96" Full-Color TFT IPS HD Display
Oversized Firing Button
Three Adjustment Buttons
Reverse Polarity Protection
Output Short Protection
Low Resistance Protection
Low Battery Voltage Warning
Overheat Protection
Firmware Upgradeable
MicroUSB Port
Stainless Steel 510 Connection
Colours: Black, Red, Gunmetal, Rainbow, Blue, Green

Fitting the Batteries

The dual 18650's get fitted via the bottom hatch door which gets pulled out before lifting up, the door is sturdy and fastens back in position more securely than most devices. Other devices don't tend to have the battery door opening by accident but with this one you just know it won't open. Orientation inside the battery compartment is clearly marked but yet again on the battery door it's Black on Black.

Review Continued Below:

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Review Continued:

Using the Xyanide

Part 1- Overview

The menu system and navigating around the various features is very simple with the addition of the select button and really not much can go wrong. In some ways the menu is maybe a little too simple as there are features and options i wish the device had but hasn't. The screen is very sharp and bright which is a big pro but it's that bright there could be occasion you would want to dim it but there is no brightness adjustment feature, also there are LED's on the back of the device with no option to change mode or switch off, luckily if you don't like LED's they do get hidden by the hand while vaping and they only turn on while firing so no big deal. Also the only thing i miss with YiHi or DNA chips is the lack of the curves feature which is something i personally love using when available.

When the batteries are first fitted the device is off and needs five clicks of the fire button to turn on. Once on 3 clicks locks and unlocks the device (the device will not fire when locked) and to turn off the device is done via the menu system. Most things are altered by just moving around the main screen but there is an additional small menu which is accessed with 5 clicks of the fire button. The menu just has a small list of options which are, System off, Manual TCR, Temp unit, Standby time and Exit.

Part 2 - The Display

As already mentioned the display is bright and sharp with a wealth of information but despite all the info the excellent layout and sharpness of the display make it clear to read. Top left we have resistance, below this is the volts (changes to watts when in temp control), to the right at the top we have a padlock which is in a lock or unlock position depending on if you have locked the device or not. Below we have the wattage (changes to temp and joules in temp control modes), this is followed by a puff counter which works so strange especially as it's not recommended to charge batteries in a device, the puff counter goes up to 999999 puffs yet zero's every time the batteries are removed, it also only registers puffs of more than 3 seconds. Below puffs is the flavour mode which i don't see are anything more than what would be soft, hard or normal on other devices and don't really see a connection with flavour. Finally at the bottom of the display we have battery status indicator bar (dual battery device but only one battery bar) to the left and amps to the right.

Part 3 - Changing Options on the Screen

Changing options on the main screen is simple, 2 clicks of the left button starts changing your flavour modes and each additional click takes you to the next mode, setting your change is done by clicking the fire button, the options are powerful, powerful +, soft and standard. 2 clicks of the right button starts changing your memory settings and again each additional click takes you to the next option, there are 5 presets in total. Pressing the select button turns the wattage red, each additional click changes the wattage to joules then temp and then moves up to the mode. When on watts, temp or joules simply use the left and right buttons to adjust then fire to set, if you take it to mode then the left and right buttons can be used to change to the various options which are, power, Ti01, ni200, TCR and SS316.

Just to point out the display is both very sharp and vibrant with good use of colour which due to the brightness of the screen causing glare with the camera isn't picked up very well on the pictures.

My Experience Using the Device

I don't do temp control and with this being my first YiHi device Jules on a device is a new one on me, i simply review devices in power mode as a personal vaping experience. Despite not using temp control i can still understand the hype with the YiHi chip after just using the Xyanide for a couple of days in power mode. The vape just seems so consistent and no delay whatsoever, it's hard to really explain how this is performing differently from other devices has most devices these days fire instantly and are consistent but the fact is i'm finding using the Xyanide a great vaping experience. Once i got use to adjusting the options on the screen (which didn't take long at all) it's such an easy device to use and i love the bright, vibrant, sharp display, as already mentioned the ergonomics are really good and i love the satisfying click the fire button gives although some people might not like the fact you do need to use quite a bit of pressure. I also like the original look and the battery door is as secure as i have come across. Despite the LED's battery life seems very good and the device is fully firmware upgradeable.

However there are things i don't like about this device, as already mentioned i don't like that such a bright screen can't be dimmed and i just don't get the LED's on this device at all (and i'm an LED fan) but more in the next section. There is also a gap between the bottom of any tank that is fitted and the device that although doesn't bother me too much will really bug some people. Having the raised circular section for your 510 means any tanks over 26mm will overhang this raised area, i feel it's a missed opportunity as the device could of been capable of accommodating far bigger tanks without overhang.

LED's ????

I am a big LED fan believing that those that whinge about them on a device when they can be turned off are either just that, whingers or just bone idle as usually a couple of clicks and they can be turned off so don't see they have an argument at all. Even i don't understand the point of the LED's on this device, for those that like LED's there are no options to alter the settings to get different colour modes and for those that don't like them they can't be turned off. Even in this case i think those that don't like them are still just whinging if they moan about them on this device as they only come on when firing, the device is a natural thumb firer with the hand wrapped around the back of the device so essentially the device has LED's nobody see's, Why? Don't get it.

Pros

Good build quality
Futuristic look
YiHi SX460 chipset
Fires instantly
Performed great for me in power mode
Bright, sharp, vibrant screen
Natural thumb firer
Good colour choices
Easy to navigate
Wealth of information on main screen
4 button device
taste modes
Temp control
Good battery life
Firmware upgradeable

Cons

Slight gap between tank and device
LED's no point how they are done
Raised 510 Platform reduces tank size that can be accommodated
Any tank over 26mm will overhang 510 platform
Brightness can't be adjusted

I would once again like to thank Alina for supplying the Pioneer4You IPV Xyanide 200W Box Mod for the purpose of this review.

https://www.everzon.com/de/pioneer4you-i...x-mod.html

VU Sponsors