Become a Patron!

Pizza Dave Delivers - A COMBO Review - The Tyro and Cosmo Kits from Vaptio

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hello everyone, Pizza Dave here, delivering you a two for one special review of the Tyro and Cosmo kits from Vaptio. I decided to toss these two together in one review because they are similar, yet different. Both of these use the Cosmo series of coils and offer a wide adjustment in air flow. However, that is where their similarities end. The Cosmo is a compact start kit, while the Tyro is a tubular style kit that uses a built-in tank and has more heft to it. I will dive down, look at the details of each, and as always, give my final thoughts at the bottom.

DISCLAIMER: This device and liquid was sent to me by Vaptio for review.

**********TYRO KIT REVIEW*********

WHAT YOU GET – TYRO KIT

• Tyro 1500mah battery with 25w of max power
  • Built-in 2ml tank
  • Spare 2ml glass
  • Bag of Spare O-rings
  • 1 - .7-ohm Cosmo coil
  • 1 – 1.6-ohm Cosmo Coil
  • USB Charging Cable
  • Paperwork

Available in Stainless Steel, Blue, Green, Red, Rainbow, Purple, and Black

STOCK SHOT
kpYF13X.jpg

OUT OF BOX
tuwuSEn.jpg

INFORMATION AND OPERATION

The Tyro kit is the latest device from Vaptio. It features a built in 1500mah battery and is a stick style device. The size of this device is similar to a Joyetech AIO. The tank on this device is fixed to the device, so while it can be torn down for cleaning, the base and airflow stay attached. Operation on this one is a simple 5 click on, 5 click off, and button fire device. There isn’t anything else to cover with that. The battery is indicated by an LED on the fire button. It will flash to indicate various faults and also will somewhat indicate battery life. From what I can tell though, it is a 2-stage battery indication. It illuminates white when battery is good and will go red when battery is low. While charging, the battery light will be red, and will be off when charged.

MISCELLANEOUS PHOTOS

lxX5V5h.jpg

wppIvol.jpg

EwalPYp.jpg

I2udk8G.jpg

HOW IT VAPES/THOUGHTS

The Tyro is a nice little kit. It has a nice design and the paint finish looks great. The fill method is unique, as the top cap spins part way to reveal a fill hole that is roughly 4ml. It isn’t the fastest tank to fill, but it doesn’t leak, or seep and it eliminates the need to spin off the top. Air flow adjustment is one of the biggest standouts on this, as the top portion of the tank is spun to adjust airflow. It features a large slot air flow for a restricted lung hit, but it also narrows down even further, with two tiny holes for MTL style draws. It offers a ton of adjustment to fit many vaper’s needs. So now that the tank is filled and air is adjusted, how does if vape? I like it. Flavor is decent, the various adjustment is great, and it lasts me a whole day on a single refill and charge. I wish there was some better battery indication, but at least I know it can get me through the day without any issues. Other small cons also popped up the more I used it. The fire button doesn’t have a ton of texture and feels kind of cheap. I fumbled around to press the button just right, but eventually got used to it. Another con is coil life. I felt that the wicking was struggling to keep up once I hit about 10ml or so. It still worked, but I was getting dryer flavor on occasion. So, with all of the pros and cons out there, is this something that I will continue to use after review? I am leaning towards a yes here. I like the flavor, the size, and the overall design. I can see myself grabbing this for errands and using something like this for nights out at the bar where I don’t want to blow tons of clouds. Caveat to the yes answer is that I will be hard pressed to ever get coils locally, so it may be a struggle.

PROS

• Flavor is good
  • Design is unique
  • Build quality feels great
  • Paint is solid

CONS

• Fire button feels a bit cheap
  • Fire button doesn’t stick out and sometimes I fumbled around finding it
  • Fill port is small, and refills are slow
  • Coil life isn’t the best (10-12ml tops)
  • Local coil availability may be rough

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
**********COSMO KIT REVIEW*********

WHAT YOU GET – COSMO KIT

• Cosmo 1500mah battery with 30w of max power
  • 2ml Cosmo tank
  • 1 - .7-ohm Cosmo coil
  • 1 – 1.6-ohm Cosmo Coil
  • USB Charging Cable
  • Paperwork

Available in Black, Red, Blue, Silver, and Gold

STOCK SHOT
GgTDtda.jpg

SAMPLE PACKAGING
ukXMNRf.jpg

OUT OF BOX
JYAkSdO.jpg

INFORMATION AND OPERATION

The Cosmo kit was released not too long before the Tyro. It was the first to introduced Vaptio’s Cosmo coil heads, which are small, traditional coils. This kit comes with a 1500mah battery in the form of a mini box mod. This device features adjustable wattage output and also has battery indication. To power up the device, it is completed with 5 clicks of the fire button and the same goes for powering down. Wattage adjustment is done with up and down buttons on the device.

• HIGH – 30w
  • MEDIUM – 20w
  • LOW – 10w

There is also an LED above the wattage indicators which will flash for various faults, but also shows a 3-stage battery level indication.

• RED – 0-30%
  • GREEN – 30-70%
  • BLUE – 70-100%

It is simple to operate and has a nice battery indicator. This compact device checks a lot of boxes for a starter kit with these simple attributes.

MISCELLANEOUS PHOTOS

et0fA6l.jpg

2oUZwq3.jpg

a62hngJ.jpg

HOW IT VAPES

Just like the Tyro kit, the vape experience is highly adjustable with this kit. The air flow offers a similar form of adjustment, with a large slot for a loose MTL or tight direct lung hit. It also has a small hole that is for an MTL draw. One big standout on this kit is the wattage output. Adjusting the wattage in conjunction with the varying air flow makes this a highly versatile device. I used it with 25mg nic salts closed way off and on 10w, then I switched it up with 12mg freebase liquid, large hole 2/3 open and on 30w. Both ways worked well, and it offered good flavor and a nice draw. For comparison sake, I used this side by side with the Geekvape Flint and the flavor was better off this by a fair amount. A big pro with this device is the battery indication. I love having varying levels indicated, just so I know how much I’ve got before I head out the door with a device. This 1500mah battery had no issues getting me all the way through my work either, but we just barely got through the day. There is a lot of good that comes with this little kit, but with the good always comes the bad. Just like I experienced with the Tyro, the coil life could be better. I found that by the 3rd refill (just 6ml) I was having moments where the coil wouldn’t keep up and if I didn’t stop vaping it would have resulted in a burnt-up coil. I was able to use it for a while longer, but eventually it was annoying, and I ditched it.

PROS

• Wattage adjustment
  • 3-stage battery indication
  • Compact size
  • Decent Flavor
  • Lots of airflow adjustment

CONS

• Seems kind of cheap compared to the price tag
  • Coil life isn’t great
  • Coils are not available locally

SOME FINAL WORDS

Vaptio released some nice little starter kits here. I enjoyed using them and they are both great for beginning vapors. I don’t see many long-time vapors getting a lot of enjoyment from these, but I could be wrong? As I indicated above, the coil life and availability are probably the biggest cons they both share. Other than that, I can’t fault these kits much. They didn’t have massive cons that made me hate them at all and both outperform some starters that are similar from “bigger” brands.

Thank you all for reading my review and thank you to Vaptio for sending them my way for review. The Tyro is listed at $32 and the Cosmo is listed at $40.

Pizza Dave – Delivering real reviews, with no extra toppings

REVIEW CRITERIA: I use each item for about two weeks to ensure I have collected enough data to adequately write a review. I use the same e liquid in tanks or rdas throughout all my reviews to ensure that I am comparing apples to apples between all modern equipment. I do not post reviews until I feel confident that I have used it enough to give an educated review. The reason I started doing reviews was due to poor purchasing decisions in my vaping infancy about two years ago. Back then, I purchased several different pieces of hardware without really enjoying it and I hope my reviews can guide people into spending their hard-earned money more wisely than I did! ****Keep in mind that some items I receive may be pre-release and not in retail packaging. Quality may be less than the finished product and what is in the package may differ from the retail package as well.

VU Sponsors