Become a Patron!

Pizza Dave Delivers - A Kit Review - The Arcless Slatra Competition Kit by Mechlyfe

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
INTRODUCTION

_____________________________________________________________________________________

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Hello Everyone and welcome to Pizza Dave’s Vape Reviews and today I will be reviewing the Arcless Slatra Kit by Mechlyfe. This is a combination of the Arcless mechanical tube mod with the Slatra RDA. These are both collaborations between You tube’s Ambitionz Vaper and Mechlyfe. To be even more specific, the Arcless is a single 21700 tube, and the Slatra is a dual mesh rda. Let’s not wait around and get right to it eh?

Disclaimer: This device was sent to me by Heavengifts for review.

WHAT YOU GET

• 1 Arcless Mech Mod
  • 1 Slatra RDA w/ resin 810 drip tip
  • 1 Matching Resin Button
  • 1 Matching 810 drip tip
  • 1 18650 battery adapter
  • 1 Squonk pin
  • 1 Standard pin
  • Spare screws
  • Spare O-rings
  • Spare springs
  • 1 Mesh install tool
  • 1 Screwdriver
  • 2 sets of mesh coils (1- .13-ohm set, 1 - .10-ohm set)
  • Paperwork

- Available in a black body with different inserts including knurled black, blue resin, green resin, red resin, and white resin.

STOCK SHOT
nSAeLFv.jpg

PACKAGING
zbcTpn2.jpg

UNBOXED
n4DFnbu.jpg

MOD OVERVIEW

• Measurements – 91mm x 27mm without atomizer
  • Atomizer size – 25mm without overhang
  • Output - mechanical
  • Battery – Single 21700, 20700, or 18650 w/ the use of the included adapter
  • Misc. – The device has removable and swappable sleeves. It also features a matching 810 drip tip and button.

OPERATION

Not really an operation section available for a Mech, so I am taking this time to discuss mechs. This is 100% a mechanical mod. There are no protections, other than battery vent holes at the bottom. I strongly recommend this for advanced users only. Those who know how to safely build their atomizers within the range of the battery used. I also recommend only using atomizers in which the 510 positive pin safely protrudes from the base. Don’t be a statistic or a headline. Be safe.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

SLATRA RDA REVIEW

The Slatra RDA is going to take a bit more to discuss than the mod itself. To start off, let’s go over the build deck. This is a dual mesh coil rda. It features 3 clamps. A shared clamp in the center, and individual clamps on each side. I found that installing the mesh on this was a bit finicky compared to other mesh atties out there. The mesh that it comes with are small little pre-folded stripped that are bowed out at the base to help with installation. I found that installing them in the individual clamp first made things easier as this held them in place while tightening the shared clamp.

Wicking this is more like doing a dual coil rda than what we are used to seeing with mesh. I ran standard cotton and fluffed it up a bit before I inserted into, he coils, and this seemed to help maintain contact with all sides of the mesh. I still had a few experiences with dry hits here and there when using as a dripper, but as long as I stayed on top of dripping, it was fine. When using on a squonker, I found it to work well. The top post has a squonk hole right in the middle, which waterfalls liquid right over the mesh. It isn’t perfect, but it works to saturate the mesh.

This RDA has a side are flow design with multiple slots. As you close down the airflow, it gradually turns in down row by row. As expected, it functions like a typical side air flow rda, which is nothing new.

PHOTO GALLERY

ARCLESS SLATRA ALBUM

chMjXvn.jpg

YfsG4zI.jpg

h1Qj6j1.jpg

h1Qj6j1.jpg

fpRfskX.jpg

7iC3p9e.jpg

UgBiJus.jpg

jY47xcC.jpg

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

HOW IT VAPES / FINAL THOUGHTS

We don’t often see RDA and Mech mod combinations, especially at the price point that this is at. I want to break this up a little differently to hit both.

The mod itself is actually pretty good. It feels great in the hand and is not very big for being a 21700. It has a constant contact switch, which keeps the arcing off the base of batteries and provides an even connection with the battery. The button has quite a bit of throw, but it feels nice with it’s medium to soft spring tension. It may not hit as hard as some of my higher dollar brass tubes, but it does the trick and stays nice and cool even when vaping at the CDR of my Samsung 30T batteries.

The Slatra kind of has me scratching my head. It is not that fun to build on, and that stands out the most with it. Dual mesh is innovative, but when you get a dry hit, you really get a dry hit, as the small strips of mesh ramp up VERY fast. I didn’t have a ton of issues with dry hits, but yeah…they can happen. Using regular coils on this is extra hard to install, as the posts just aren’t ideal for this configuration. I did it but have no desire to do it again. Flavor is decent, but there are plenty of side air flow RDAs out there that can do the same and are easier to build on. With the mesh, you get a cool flavorful vape similar to something like a profile even when delivering some 3.8-4v mechanically. Flavor took a tick up for me with a set of .12-ohm round coils, but this was also warmer. I ran it this way for the most part as it seems like an odd pairing to me with the mesh coils. They ramp up super-fast and are right at the limit of safe for my batteries with nothing to gain.

Overall, I see some good things with some bad from this kit. The mod itself is something I will use a ton. It vapes great, it’s compact, and has some nice features. I love the fact that they include a matching resin button and 810 drip tip to keep the setup all matchy matchy. The constant contact assembly is great for something in this price range and it vapes really nice. The Slatra RDA is something that I see going back into the box and not used a lot. Like I said above, the flavor isn’t half bad from it, but the finicky nature and pain to build is a no go for me. They are small, so making my own from a roll of mesh seems kind of daunting and not something I feel I want to do. I love the innovative nature, but it just isn’t practical to me.

TL: DR: The mod works well for an affordable mechanical mod and the RDA is innovative, but a pain to work with.

OVEN TEST

If I this were to accidentally fall into my pizza oven would I go out and get another? For the mod YES. For the RDA NO.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PROS

• Nice looking combo
  • Solid hitting mechanical mod for the price
  • 21700 is always a win
  • Love the matching accessories
  • Compact form factor

CONS

• No complaints of the mech really
  • Slatra is a pain to build on in a way that makes me never want to rebuild again
  • RDA w/ mesh and a mech tube just don’t make for that great of an experience

Thank you all for reading and thank you to Heavengifts for sending this my way for review. They have these in stock on their site for $89.

Pizza Dave – Delivering real reviews, with no extra toppings

REVIEW CRITERIA: I use each item for about two weeks to ensure I have collected enough data to adequately write a review. I use the same e liquid in tanks or rdas throughout all my reviews to ensure that I am comparing apples to apples between all modern equipment. I do not post reviews until I feel confident that I have used it enough to give an educated review. The reason I started doing reviews was due to poor purchasing decisions in my vaping infancy about two years ago. Back then, I purchased several different pieces of hardware without really enjoying it and I hope my reviews can guide people into spending their hard-earned money more wisely than I did! ****Keep in mind that some items I receive may be pre-release and not in retail packaging. Quality may be less than the finished product and what is in the package may differ from the retail package as well.

VU Sponsors