Become a Patron!

Pizza Dave Delivers - A Mech Mod Review - The Dreamer V1.5 by Timesvape

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
INTRODUCTION

Hello everyone and welcome to another review. Today I will be going over the Dreamer V1.5 mechanical mod by Timesvape and Tenacious TX Vapes. This is a slightly revised version of the original Dream mech that came out some 18months ago or better. That mech was super popular for its performance to price ratio so getting this one was something I really looked forward to. Essentially with the Dreamer V1.5, you will be getting a constant contact switch, similar to the one that came in the Keen mech and they also ditched aluminum and brass models and went for 100% coated copper for maximum conductivity. Mechs are pretty simple to go over, so let’s get right to it eh?

DISCLAIMER: This device was sent to me by Healthcabin for review.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

WHAT YOU GET
  • Dreamer Mechanical Mod

• 18650 Battery Adapter

• Spare Button Springs

• Paperwork
Available in black/purple splatter, black/green splatter, and all black.

STOCK SHOT
XQeqOse.jpg

PACKAGING
HyAc24i.jpg

OUT OF BOX
M5HDGy6.jpg

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Battery: Single 21700, or 18650 with included adapter
Power Range: Mechanical
Other features: Silver plated constant contact button, 25mm atomizer with no overhang. Also compatible as a hybrid with the Ardent RDA.

FIRST IMPRESSIONS

Interesting was the first thing that popped into my head. This refers to the green splatter paint I received. I like how it almost seems custom because the splatter can’t possibly be consistent across all models. This finish is a shimmery green on top of matt black and it looks great with almost all of my matte black atomizers. From top to bottom, let’s go over what to expect.

BODY/FINISH

The finish is solid with no major blemishes, but let’s dig deeper. Starting at the top you will see a removable 510 cap which also has battery vent holes for safety. This is in place for use with all standard hybrid safe rebuildable atomizers. Removing this then makes this compatible with the Ardent RDA, which was released to work in tandem with the Dreamer V1. This rda essentially threads right on top, making a seamless connection. As we stroll down the body you will see some sensual curves which make this thing feel amazing in hand. It is subtle, but just well done.

BUTTON

At the base, you will find the removable button. Similar to the Keen which came out before this, the button is constant contact. It has a large flat surface which rests against the negative of the battery, then on the inside you see rounded contacts that mate when the button is pressed. It has a decent amount of throw, but feels excellent and is easy to maintain. They also included some spare springs for longevity.

BATTERY BAY

This is a single 21700 mechanical mod which also comes with a decent 18650 adapter. Yes, 20700 will fit, but they may be a bit sloppy side to side. For safety, the sides are coated and they also provide a disc that you can place at the top to insulate against a short. The main thing to keep in mind with any mech is safety and knowing what you are doing. Don’t use tore wraps, know your battery’s limits, and always use proper atomizers!

PHOTO GALLERY
4dxNtBO.jpg

XJA8OAO.jpg

dlzegFj.jpg

hALcbkQ.jpg

FINAL THOUGHTS / HOW IT VAPES

So here comes the part where everybody says “This thing hits like a truck.” Orr… something like that. It’s really hard to put good terms on mechanical performance, especially in today’s world where most of the modern mechs all do operate with optimal power thanks to materials, machining, and good tolerances. However, I will say that the Dreamer V1.5 does not disappoint if you are looking for solid mech mod performance. Side by side with mods that cost $100s more, this keeps right up. The combination of copper, the button, and excellent threading for something in this price range, it is definitely no slouch. For the price, it really can’t be beat. The button has a smooth, unbinding throw, which is somewhere in the middle road when it comes to mechs. You have to push it a little ways, but not one of those where you barely tap it and it’s firing. The contact within the button is consistent as well and I never once had to re-adjust my press to get it to fire. In regards to hot button issues found on the Keen by many, I have zero to report on mine. When it comes to comfort as well, the curvature is lovely and falls right into my hand where I want it. Looking at the size, it is about the same as a God Mod Overlord or Kennedy Vindicator 21 with decent heft thanks to the copper body (just a hair heavier than the Vindicator because material is thicker). I really can sit and talk this mod up all day with very little to call out as cons. I honestly have just one con that I would even consider and it comes in the form of that removable top for functionality with the Ardent. Most of the time when I removed my atomizers, they would basically be stuck to this cape and the entire cap would come off rather than just the attie. Also, the extra threading of this is bound to cause a little bit of voltage drop, but it’s pretty negligible. That’s about all I have for cons or annoyances. If this was pricier, I may pick it apart for not including a lot for versatility like the Keen which had different rings for matching up atomizer sizes. I would really love to see a beefy 30mm keen with replaceable top sections for various RDA sizes, but it’s no big deal (listen up Stan, make it happen.)

Overall, this is a solid mech that any mechanical mod fan would enjoy. It is affordable, hits hard, and has a simple button that is easy to maintain.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OVEN TEST – If this were to accidentally fall into the pizza oven, would I go out and get another? Yes I sure would. It performs right up there with some of my mechs that are 3,4, even 5 times the price or more.

PROS
  • Hits hard

• Compact size

• Smooth button

• Constant contact for the win

• 21700 battery

• Comfortable in hand

• Low price point

CONS

• Pain schemes won’t be for everyone

• Top portion tends to come off when removing atomizers

Thank you everyone for reading and thank you to Healthcabin for providing the device for review. They have these listed for just $48.81 or £39.95 for those in the UK.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Pizza Dave – delivering real reviews with no extra toppings

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

REVIEW CRITERIA: I use each item for about two weeks to ensure I have collected enough data to adequately write a review. I use the same e liquid in tanks or rdas throughout all my reviews to ensure that I am comparing apples to apples between all modern equipment. I do not post reviews until I feel confident that I have used it enough to give an educated review. The reason I started doing reviews was due to poor purchasing decisions in my vaping infancy about two years ago. Back then, I purchased several different pieces of hardware without really enjoying it and I hope my reviews can guide people into spending their hard-earned money more wisely than I did! ****Keep in mind that some items I receive may be pre-release and not in retail packaging. Quality may be less than the finished product and what is in the package may differ from the retail package as well.

VU Sponsors