Become a Patron!

Pizza Dave Delivers - A Mod Review - The Amighty by Asmodus

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
INTRODUCTION

Hello everyone and welcome to another review. This is Pizza Dave and today I will be going over the Amighty 100w box mod by Asmodus. The Amighty is a single 21700, 100w device, which also works with 20700 or 18650 batteries (w/ adapter). This device uses their new GX100-UTC chip, which looks alot like what comes in the Minikin V3, but a little different. Like most Asmodus devices, this is a touch screen device with swipe lock feature. I have been strongly looking at this one for a while, so when the opportunity arose to review it, I jumped right on. Let’s keep this short and get right to it eh?

DISCLAIMER: This device was sent to me by Sourcemore for review.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

WHAT YOU GET

• Amighty 100W device

• 1 Micro USB Cable

• 1 18650 Battery Adapter

• Paperwork

Available in blue/purple gradient, black, black/red, chrome/gunmetal.

STOCK SHOT
p9Rgy6K.jpg

PACKAGING
8axgNnU.jpg

UNBOXED
IHg3mLs.jpg

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Measurements: 87.5mm x 52mm x 31mm

Battery: Single 21700, 20700, or 18650 w/ included adapter

Power Range: 5-100w

Other features: Color touch screen. Accommodates a 30mm atomizer

FIRST IMPRESSIONS

Purdy. At least that is the adjective that popped into my head. I really like the blue gradient color and fake carbon fiber on the battery door. It looks good and has a solid paint finish that seems like it would hold up real well. I really like how it feels in my hands too. I pointer finger fire mine and it has a nice contour and shape which is solid and secure in hand. The battery door slides over the back and is held in place with the friction of the door and the plastic tray inside, but I don’t have any fears of it popping off by accident. 21700 batteries fit snug in place and offer up no rattle at all. In general, it just feels solid and made of quality. If I were to judge the book by its cover, I would say this is off to a great start.

OPERATION

As many of you may know, Asmodus has used a similar touch screen system in the past. It is a bit of a pain to get used to, but in time it becomes natural. To start off:

• 5 clicks of the fire button will turn on the device

• 3 clicks of the fire button will lock all functionality of the device

• Swiping down on the screen will unlock the screen

• Tapping on the wattage or TC number after unlocked opens an adjustments screen where you scroll up and down. It scrolls in 1-watt increments above 20w and .1 increments below 20w

• When unlocked you can swipe up and down to change the preheat level which is shown at the bottom of the display next to battery level
    • S - Soft

• N - Normal

• H - Hard
  • Swiping left or right across the mode portion at the top of the screen will cycle through the modes of the device
    • Power

• Temp (Ni, Ti, SS)

• Curve

• TCR

• TFR
  • Clicking the fire button 5 times goes into another menu which has logos to show what they are.
    • Power - Turn the device off

• Logo I don’t know what it is….

• Broom - Clear the puff counter

• Eco - Eco mode to save power

• Cloud - Upgrade Firmware

• V - Firmware Version

• Monitor - Adjust display color

• Sun/Moon - Adjust brightness

• Lock - Change how it is unlocked (slide or click)

• Clock - Screen timeout

• OHM - Adjust atomizer resistance manually

It is pretty easy to get used to once you play with it a while, but for beginners I can see some getting frustrated with how it is done. I have had a handful of Asmodus products so it comes back to me very quick and it feels intuitive.

USEAGE

I mostly used this device with tanks and rtas during my time with it. I found that wattage performance was accurately done up until the point where the battery is low. The Asmodus chips do a live reading of battery as it is being used, so there were times with some atomizers where I had 3 bars of battery, but when I pressed fire I would get a low battery fault and it wouldn’t fire. It is kind of frustrating as I felt it shows a good battery, but then kicks out. One has to remember what they are getting into with this device. It is a single battery, and even with a 21700; battery will not last forever. I found that I could ALMOST get a full day out of one battery when vaping at 70-75w, and could easily get a day out of it when vaping 60w or less. I found that the atomizers that work best on the Amighty are single coil RTAs, or tanks which use a coil that needs just 60w to perform well. There is space to go with a 30mm atomizer on here, but it just isn’t practical to use large ones on the single cell. As long as you stay within the limits of what a single battery mod is good for, this works great and I enjoyed the heck out of it. For the TC fans out there, I tossed a dual coil RDA on top with a round-wire SS316L build. I toss it on SS316 and tried to vape at 420. I wasn’t getting a damn thing from it. I had some issues with TC on the Minkin V3 (review here) and it seemed to almost want to work when playing with the TCR, but it didn’t feel like it would ever work well. All that being said, I wouldn’t recommend for TC fans.

PHOTO GALLERY

RWXev9w.jpg

GRqirgV.jpg

jkrgdRO.jpg

bv9tPY0.jpg

JaHF9S3.jpg

Last edited:

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
FINAL THOUGHTS

All in all, what do I think of the Asmodus Amighty? I don’t love it, but I don’t hate it. The main thing to remember is where it excels. I found that it is a nice little mod for single coil RTAs or smaller powered sub-ohm tanks. It would also be an awesome MTL tank mod as the 21700 would last forever and be a sexy looking setup. TC performance was a no go, but I am a wattage vapor through and through, so that didn’t bother me at all. What did bother me was a few things. For starters, the battery was indicating 3 bars or so at times, and when I would go to take a vape, nothing. Low battery. This was frustrating. Another con is that the screen placement is in a place where fingers are always on it, so could constantly see the thing reminding me to swipe to unlock. That isn’t a big deal, but also annoying. As far as anything else though, the Amighty is excellent. The build quality is solid, the battery door is solid, the fire button is clicky, and it feels great in hand. If you are shopping for a single coil wattage mod, this is a great option and I can see myself using this a ton in the future.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OVEN TEST – If this were to accidentally fall into the pizza oven, would I go out and get another?Tough one for me. I will enjoy this with MTL tanks, but for my regular tanks I like, I will stick to my dual battery mods.

PROS

• Looks great

• Feels solidly built

• Clicky fire button

• Solid battery door

• 21700 battery for the win

• Lots of room for atomizers up top (30mm)

• Comfortable in hand

CONS

• Battery bar showed higher than “fireable” power at times

• Always touching the screen during use

• TC does not work well

Thank you everyone for reading and thank you to Sourcemore for sending this my way for review. They have these listed for $80 right now.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Pizza Dave – delivering real reviews with no extra toppings

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

REVIEW CRITERIA: I use each item for about two weeks to ensure I have collected enough data to adequately write a review. I use the same e liquid in tanks or rdas throughout all my reviews to ensure that I am comparing apples to apples between all modern equipment. I do not post reviews until I feel confident that I have used it enough to give an educated review. The reason I started doing reviews was due to poor purchasing decisions in my vaping infancy about two years ago. Back then, I purchased several different pieces of hardware without really enjoying it and I hope my reviews can guide people into spending their hard-earned money more wisely than I did! ****Keep in mind that some items I receive may be pre-release and not in retail packaging. Quality may be less than the finished product and what is in the package may differ from the retail package as well.

VU Sponsors