Become a Patron!

Pizza Dave Delivers - A Mod Review - The FUSH by Acrohm

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
INTRODUCTION

_____________________________________________________________________________________

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Hello Everyone and welcome to Pizza Dave’s Vape Reviews and today I will be going over the Fush semi-mech mod by Acrohm. The one I am reviewing is the updated version of the original Fush, released somewhere around a year ago if I remember right. They keep calling this a semi-mech, but the only thing mechanical with this is that the output is directly relative to the battery within. Along with this functionality comes the ACE chipset within, offering many of the protections we have come accustomed to on regulated devices. Lastly, it has a frosted polycarbonate exterior which illuminates with 5 different colors. It’s a bit flashy, but it is time to find out how well it works! Let’s get right to it eh?

Disclaimer: This device was sent to me by Healthcabin for review.

WHAT YOU GET

• 1 Acrohm FUSH mod
  • Paperwork

- Available in three different materials, including stainless steel, matte black, and white.

STOCK SHOT
oK6s1Hx.jpg

PACKAGING
28gbTln.jpg

UNBOXED
vy7dD2o.jpg

MOD OVERVIEW

• MEASUREMENTS – 110mm x 25mm(atomizer) x 28mm (at widest point)
  • BATTERY – Single 18650
  • MATERIAL – Copper core, with stainless steel and polycarbonate shell
  • OUTPUT – 3.2 to 4.2V
  • RESISTANCE RANGE - .07 to 2.5 ohms
  • ADDITIONAL INFO – 6 LED illumination and battery area is lined for short circuit protection

OPERATION

The FUSH is a simple, stick style device. It has just a few things to remember when using, and once you have them down, they are second nature. I will do a little break down below as if I just type, it will get wordy, so here it is.

• Five clicks of the fire button turn the device on and off. It cycles through the colors when powering on and off. One thing to keep in mind here. If you leave this sit for 20 minutes, it will power off. I love this safety feature, but that does mean you will have to remember to turn it on every time you grab it after sitting for a bit.
  • Shake the device twice to initiate the LEDs to turn on as you vape. They call this “breathing mode”.
  • Shake the device once to change colors. Each single shake will change the color and cycle through Blue, Red, White, Green, and Magenta.
  • Click the fire button 3 times and it will turn the LEDs on all the time, or off all the time.

There you have it. That is all it takes to use the FUSH, but there is a lot more you need to know with this device to have a good experience. Remember, this is a “semi-mech” device. This means that it will output will greatly be depend on the resistance of the atomizer combined with the voltage of the battery. I use quite a few mechanical devices, so after using this a bit I found it had some voltage drop running through the chip, therefore I went from a .18-ohm initial build down to .16 ohms to get the ramp up and vape I desired. These slightly exceed the CDR of the Sony VTC5A batteries I used, but knowing how these batteries perform in other mechanical devices, I am willing to bet I never had the full 4.2V going through the device thus keeping the amps much lower than the “perfect world” ohm’s law. Always remember battery safety, and I do not recommend this device if you are not comfortable.

PHOTO GALLERY

FUSH Album

cWOwABG.jpg

sIxyEyJ.jpg

bfptbg2.jpg

aEZ6f3y.jpg

Ti3kOY7.jpg

68p4Pm9.jpg

ZyKMo57.jpg

Xg4n8mM.jpg

716z8u0.jpg

fxydtAc.jpg

wTFJCdM.jpg

HOW IT VAPES / FINAL THOUGHTS

Alright, so this is a dance party of a mod. Childish? Maybe… Cool looking? Yes. This is one cool looking device, and I am not ashamed to say that. I have gravitated back to using mechanical mods quite a bit lately, so I was all for reviewing something toting mech-like performance but with some protections built in. Out of the box, I was impressed with how this looks and feels. The finishes are well done, and it feels solid in hand. One of the only things I found that felt cheap was the button. It is super spongy, and not satisfying to press. It doesn’t have a defined click, or even a defined feel of making contact. Beyond that, this works pretty dang good for what it is. I found that the chip ramps up fast enough to give that feel of a mech, with the only con being a little bit of voltage drop that I mentioned above. I don’t have any tools to actually measure that, but side by side with single battery 18650s mechs, this hits a hair lighter than them. Like a mech mod, how much you enjoy the vape from this will strongly be dependent on your knowledge of ohms law and how a single 18650 will power your build. If you build too high or will too much mass, this will hit ungodly weak. If you build too low, it could be detrimental to the battery installed, and you will have an even worse time. So please BE SAFE! For the most part, this device is packed with pros that make using it super enjoyable. However, there are always going to be cons, one being the spongy button I just mentioned. Other than that, a SORT OF CON has to be those flashy lights. The last thing this industry needs right now is negative attention, and this could garner that. After all LIGHTS AND COLORS APPEAL TO CHILDREN! (according to the media) However, in the privacy of your own home, turn them lights on and have yourself a party! They look cool as hell, and everybody I know says “WOW!” when they see this thing light up. Even without the lights, this is a sharp looking mod, and the wider base/button keep this held upright very secure. Like I said before, I think this is a great option as a transitional device for someone looking to try mechanical devices and can see many enjoying this enough to not even move on to full mechanical vaping. Personally, I am going to stick with my mechs, but this is a neat little device that is different and rather fun to use.

OVEN TEST

If I this were to accidentally fall into my pizza oven would I go out and get another? I would let this one burn, but only because I have already transitioned into that mech life and enjoy them a bit more.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PROS

• Mech-like vaping, but with protections
  • Simple to use if you know what you are doing with the build
  • Feels great in hand
  • Solidly constructed
  • Lights look pretty damn cool
  • 20 minute power off (great safety feature in my opinion)

CONS

• Slight voltage drop over high-quality mechs
  • 18650 battery (would love to see 21700)
  • Button is spongy and not very satisfying
  • Lights look cool, but can draw negative attention

Thank you all for reading and thank you to Healthcabin for sending this my way for review. They have them listed for $70.

Pizza Dave – Delivering real reviews, with no extra toppings

REVIEW CRITERIA: I use each item for about two weeks to ensure I have collected enough data to adequately write a review. I use the same e liquid in tanks or rdas throughout all my reviews to ensure that I am comparing apples to apples between all modern equipment. I do not post reviews until I feel confident that I have used it enough to give an educated review. The reason I started doing reviews was due to poor purchasing decisions in my vaping infancy about two years ago. Back then, I purchased several different pieces of hardware without really enjoying it and I hope my reviews can guide people into spending their hard-earned money more wisely than I did! ****Keep in mind that some items I receive may be pre-release and not in retail packaging. Quality may be less than the finished product and what is in the package may differ from the retail package as well.

VU Sponsors