Become a Patron!

Pizza Dave Delivers - A Mod Review - The Livepor 100 by Yosta

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
INTRODUCTION

_____________________________________________________________________________________

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Hello Everyone and welcome to Pizza Dave’s Vape Reviews and today I will be going over the Livepor 100 by Yosta. This device is one of the latest releases from the somewhat obscure company Yosta. It is a very small, single battery mod, that is capable of running up to 100w, has some leds, and my favorite part, it can be used with 18650, 20700, or 21700 batteries. Let’s dive down and see what this robotic looking device has going for it, and as always, I will have my final thoughts down at the bottom.

Disclaimer: This device was sent to me by Heavengifts for review.

WHAT YOU GET

• 1 Yosta Livepor 100w mod
  • 18650 Battery adapter
  • Micro-usb cable
  • Very basic manual

- Available in black, silver, rainbow, and a purply-blue mix.

STOCK SHOT
fimnnaX.jpg

PACKAGING
jd5558Q.jpg

UNBOXED
uLvi5pO.jpg

MOD OVERVIEW

Like I said in the intro, the Livepor 100 is a 100w device. It features a compact form factor, which brings me back to my early days of the IPVD3. However, unlike the IPV, this tiny thing features a colorful screen and compatibility with 18650, 20700, and 21700 batteries. I will always welcome 21700 devices, especially when they are a single cell, as it offers greater battery life thanks to some of the top batteries out today. This device looks to be themed after some sort of robot theme, and even has LED strips up the sides and what looks to be eyes. These LEDs are color changing, but non selectable. On the bright side, they can be turned off! The 510 seems to be rather robust, as it has a round plate on top which is screwed down to the mod. However, it is elevated slightly, so atomizers wider than 24mm have a slight gap shown on the edges. When fitted with a 25mm atty, it comes right out to the edge.

OPERATION

The Livepor 100 is a simple device, and I was able to pick it up and figure it out without the use of the manual whatsoever. There are a few button combos to remember, but they are kept similar to many devices, so it takes some guesswork out.

BUTTON COMBOS

5 clicks of the fire button will turn the device on and off. 3 clicks of the fire button will essentially enter the only menu this offers. You can scroll through each item with the up and down buttons and press the fire button to select as follows:

• POWER
  • Ni200
  • Ti
  • SS316
  • CLR P (clear puff counter)
  • Bypass
  • LED ON (or off if already on)

Pressing up and down together will lock out the adjustments, but it will still fire. Also, if in one of the TC modes, pressing the fire button twice will highlight the preheat wattage shown on the lower end of the screen. It goes up to a max of 80w.

HOW IT VAPES

To be honest, when I got this for review, I didn’t expect to enjoy it that much. It has some funky styling that seemed rather gimmicky, but the more I used it the more I grew fond of it. I found this to be a great pairing with MTL tanks, as it created a pocket friendly setup with battery life for days with a 21700 installed. Just to test the limits, I ran this with some larger RTAs and RDAs at 80-100w and found that it wasn’t much of a slouch there either. It provided a nice punchy power output all the way through the life of the battery, so there isn’t much more I could ask for. Of course, running a single cell limits battery life if you are pushing the limits, but once again, having a 21700 came in clutch in this little guy. They call this the Livepor 100 TC mod, but I dabbled with TC in SS316 mode and couldn’t get it to do much. They should have just left it out, as it is basically non-usable.

PHOTO GALLERY

LIVEPOR ALBUM

XpWQdN7.jpg

vNYbK8k.jpg

fROluWy.jpg

npKkw9c.jpg

dD99edU.jpg

FINAL THOUGHTS

So, what do I really think of the Livepor 100? I like it a lot more than I thought I would. Sure, it looks a bit transformer-esque, but beyond that, it is a decent little mod. I found myself using it a ton on the go when paired with smaller atomizers, but it didn’t let me down going with larger tanks or rtas out and about either. For the most part, for a cheaper device, it feels well built. It has nice weight to it, and it is very ergonomic. The fire button is nice and clicky, which is also something I like. The up and down buttons are kind of mushy, and people with big thumbs like myself may find them to be a bit too small, but once it is set, I never touched them much, so it quickly faded from my memory. There are no rattles with 18650s or 21700s, but if shaken aggressively with 20700 batteries, one can feel a little movement. The inclusion of LEDs seems a bit dated, as I almost thought we were past that. I would have liked to see the styling changed up a little bit and taken LEDs out, but it is what it is. Overall, I had a hard time coming up with cons other than cosmetics and some small buttons. I reviewed quite a few single battery mods early this year, and this one is so far one of the best overall in my opinion. If you dig what this one looks like, I think you may be pleasantly surprised by what you get.

OVEN TEST

If I this were to accidentally fall into my pizza oven would I go out and get another? The way it sits right now, this has a permanent pairing with my Zlide tank. I can’t think of another cheap single battery mod that I would replace it with right now.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PROS

• Good power performance
  • Colorful, bright display
  • Feels solid in hand
  • Works with 18650, 20700, and 21700 batteries
  • Fits up to 25mm atomizers on a small device

CONS

• Robotic theming isn’t really my style
  • LEDs are not my thing
  • UP/Down buttons are small and mushy
  • TC performance sucks

Thank you all for reading and thank you to HeavenGifts for sending this my way for review. They have this listed for about $45 on their site.

Pizza Dave – Delivering real reviews, with no extra toppings

REVIEW CRITERIA: I use each item for about two weeks to ensure I have collected enough data to adequately write a review. I use the same e liquid in tanks or rdas throughout all my reviews to ensure that I am comparing apples to apples between all modern equipment. I do not post reviews until I feel confident that I have used it enough to give an educated review. The reason I started doing reviews was due to poor purchasing decisions in my vaping infancy about two years ago. Back then, I purchased several different pieces of hardware without really enjoying it and I hope my reviews can guide people into spending their hard-earned money more wisely than I did! ****Keep in mind that some items I receive may be pre-release and not in retail packaging. Quality may be less than the finished product and what is in the package may differ from the retail package as well.

VU Sponsors