Become a Patron!

Pizza Dave Delivers - A Mod Review - The Vtec 1.8 by Augvape

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
INTRODUCTION

_____________________________________________________________________________________

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Hello Everyone and welcome to Pizza Dave’s Vape Reviews and today I will be reviewing the Vtec 1.8 by Augvape. This is essentially an updated version of the V200 device that Augvape released around the spring of 2018. They appeared to have listened to some people (I will take some credit here) and worked on some things that weren’t perfect on the original model. Now they rebranded it for even more copyright infringement and it is back on the market. Let’s get right to it and see what changes they have made eh?

Disclaimer: This device was sent to me by Sourcemore for review.

WHAT YOU GET

• 1 Vtec 1.8 200w mod
  • 1 Micro USB charging cable
  • Paperwork

- Available in Black, Red, and Blue.

STOCK SHOT
MHs2sj2.jpg

PACKAGING
JqKpR7O.jpg

UNBOXED
qCSM2zZ.jpg

MOD OVERVIEW

• Measurements – 87.5mmx 45mm x 29.2mm
  • Output – 5-200w
  • Battery –Dual 18650
  • Materials – Feels like a typical zinc-alloy body
  • Atomizer compatibility – Fits a 25mm without overhanging the 510 plate, but a 28mm can fit flush to the edge without overhanging the mod itself.
  • Misc. – Scrolls in .1-watt increments from 5-10watts. Scrolls in 1-watt increments from 5-200 and also round-robins.

OPERATION

Just like the original V200, the Vtec is not a feature packed or difficult mod to use. It has a fire button, hidden at the top of the front panel, and it has an oil cap looking knob which is flicked up or down to adjust things. Here is a break down:

• 5 clicks of the fire button will turn the device on and off
  • 3 clicks of the fire button will highlight the mode up top, from there it can be cycled between the following:
    • Auto – this sets a power output based on the resistance of the atomizer
    • V mode – Basically wattage mode
    • VV – Variable voltage from 5. To 7.2V
    • BP – Bypass mode, running the device with all of the voltage available in the batteries as a somewhat “mech” mode

That is all there is to it. There aren’t menus, there is no temp control. It is quite basic and to the point. One thing I wish it did was had a button lock as I did adjust the output accidentally at times.

PHOTO GALLERY

Vtec 1.8 Album

p91lOHQ.jpg

EFeiFDd.jpg

aBTcRNh.jpg

Prr94yT.jpg

jZtAOSX.jpg

USE AND FINAL THOUGHTS

Alright, so if you look back into the archives of Pizza Dave reviews, you will find that I rather enjoyed the V200 before this. However, it had one MAJOR issue. That issue was the battery door. With the slightest touch, it would slide over, and batteries would go flying all over. The other thing that used to happen was if I set it down, the door would pop open and then the mod would tip right over. It was very frustrating, so I sent an email off to Augvape with several suggestions on how to fix it. One was a larger latch, they did this. Another was more battery tension against the door, they also did that. It is nice to know that they company listens to make the product the best they can. Other small changes from the original on this include a leather strip on the back, where before it was a shiny material like the front. The top 510 plate is also different but is still raised like it was before. The last change is a small update to operations, as my V200 model did not have the Auto mode before.

I like that Augvape went out and made the changes that were necessary, however, I feel that it is kind of odd that they are still riding on the coattails of this series of devices and didn’t just come up with something new, especially when it has been 16 months or so since the original came out. However, it is a pretty sweet device that I really enjoy using. It is very compact, easy to use, and is something that I can see myself using quite a bit. The cons I found with this are pretty minimal, but regardless, here they are. The 510 plate on top is raised, just like it was before. This means that any atomizer over 25mm will appear to overhang even if the mod could accommodate 28mm without overhang. Another con is the lack of a button lock, because I found myself accidentally adjusting the wattage output at times. The last con is a slower ramp up with wattage mode. It would be nice to have a setting for a which is made to ramp things up quicker. Another con, which many would cause them to pass on this is the lack of temperature control. This is either a wattage or voltage device, and TC is not an option.

Alright, so I want to wrap up this rambling session here. This is a solid device, which fixed the problems from their previous model. If you wanted to get the V200, but never did for whatever reason, now may be the time to pick one up. I applaud Augvape for listening to others and correcting things, I just wish they could have done it a bit sooner.

OVEN TEST

If I this were to accidentally fall into my pizza oven would I go out and get another? I really like it, but I wouldn’t rush out for another if this one was toast.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PROS

• Compact Form Factor
  • Simple to Operate
  • I dig the Honda engine design
  • The hidden fire button is just cool
  • They fixed the battery door issues from before

CONS

• Leather on the back feels kind of cheap
  • Raised 510 plate creates overhang problems for 28mm atomizers that could be avoided by a flush plate
  • No TC modes
  • Ramp up isn’t as strong as some of today’s regulated mods
  • No button lock

Thank you all for reading and thank you to Sourcemore for sending this my way for review. I am seeing this online for about $40.

Pizza Dave – Delivering real reviews, with no extra toppings

REVIEW CRITERIA: I use each item for about two weeks to ensure I have collected enough data to adequately write a review. I use the same e liquid in tanks or rdas throughout all my reviews to ensure that I am comparing apples to apples between all modern equipment. I do not post reviews until I feel confident that I have used it enough to give an educated review. The reason I started doing reviews was due to poor purchasing decisions in my vaping infancy about two years ago. Back then, I purchased several different pieces of hardware without really enjoying it and I hope my reviews can guide people into spending their hard-earned money more wisely than I did! ****Keep in mind that some items I receive may be pre-release and not in retail packaging. Quality may be less than the finished product and what is in the package may differ from the retail package as well.

VU Sponsors