Become a Patron!

Pizza Dave Delivers - A Pod System Review - The Bron by Coilart

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

INTRODUCTION

Hello everyone, Pizza Dave here, delivering you a review of the Bron pod system by Coilart. To my knowledge this appears to be just their second attempt at a pod system. It follows the same design that we have seen which all started with the Orion. Unlike recent pod systems, this is a true pod system, which features replaceable 2ml pods rather than replaceable pods and coils. This device comes with a 950mah battery, selectable power output up to 25w, and has a 4-level battery indication system. Let’s get right to it eh?

DISCLAIMER: This device and liquid was sent to me by Coilart for review.

WHAT YOU GET

• 1 Bron 950mah battery
  • 1 2ml .5-ohm SS316 pod
  • 1 Micro USB charging cable
  • Paperwork

Available in Silver, Black, Red, Blue, and Orange.

STOCK SHOT
0JurGiq.jpg

SAMPLE PACKAGING
Uwl0UsR.jpg

OUT OF BOX
8EYVzj0.jpg

OPERATION

The Bron is a simple device to just pick up and use. It operates via a fire button, but also comes with a single button for adjusting output. 5 clicks of the fire button will turn it on and off. Clicking the selection button will scroll through various outputs indicated with an LED just about the button as follows.

WITH .5-ohm pod

• WHITE – 3.3v
  • BLUE – 3.5v
  • RED – 3.7v

WITH 1-ohm pod

• WHITE – 2.9v
  • BLUE – 3.5v
  • RED – 3.7V

I don’t know why they have it set up this way, but it is what it is. There are 4 white LEDs located just about this power output LED. These indicate battery. Each LED indicates 25% of battery. I totally dig this method, as there is no guesswork when heading out the door in regard to knowing how much power is left. Well done here.

PODS

The pods that come with the Bron are more of the traditional type. By traditional, I mean they are replaceable pods. There are no different coils to change and they come in .5 or 1-ohm with SS316 coil. This coil can be seen through the pod and it impressed me a bit. It is a cute little horizontal coil, which has a ton of cotton pulled back into the reservoir.

The pods are top air flow, with a proprietary drip tip which brings air through an outer chamber into an air inlet of the pod, which then goes down and hits the side of the coil. Vaper then comes up through the middle of the tip like we are used to. Air flow adjustment is completed with an AFC built into the base of the drip tip portion.

Refilling the pods is done via a rubber plug on the side of the pod. It was large enough for small plastic tips but would be a little messy with dropper bottles. It works best to lay the pod on its side and then fill. I did this several times with little to no mess.

MISCELLANEOUS PHOTOS

2jwxnw3.jpg

sg4CfwU.jpg

kywJSmX.jpg

HOW IT VAPES / FINAL THOUGHTS

Alright, so this is one of the many pod systems hitting the market which shares a resemblance to the Orion, so what do I think of it? First off, Coilart did a lot right with this. The design looks much fancier than others on the market. The pattern looks like someone wearing a suit would be proud to show in public, and it has a great feeling metal body. The overall size is compact as well, which makes it super portable. I love the battery indication with the 4 LEDs, as it breaks down the battery level to a smaller percentage than most, giving a better view of what is left. I also like the selectable power output, as each one is noticeable and helps one dial in what feels just right. Speaking of dialing things in, I like that it has adjustable air flow. It has a solid range of airflow as well, from MTL all the way up to a tight DL hit. The AFC could be a little better, as it feels cheap, and the smooth texture is a little slippery. This was hardly noticeable after I was done fiddling around with it, but I still wanted to point it out. With all of these things combined, I found this to be a damn nice pod system. It has a ton of features that I love, but I haven’t touched on the most important, how it vapes. As far as pod systems go, this keeps up with some of the best ones that I have tried to be honest. Flavor is on point, the air flow is smooth, and the overall design is done well. I ran 50/50 12mg freebase liquid in this, and experienced no leaking, no dry hits, and a pod life around 16ml before it was super gunked up. The features such as a 4-level battery indicator, selectable power, and adjustable air flow just add to the enjoyment. One of the only cons that I found is that it comes with just 1 pod. I would have loved to have tried other flavors and liquids in mine for testing, and it would have been great to try the 1-ohm pod as well. Some other cons I picked apart on it are very tight pods. They click in, and stay in. Nice that it won’t fall out but may prove difficult to remove for some. The last con is that the USB port is on the bottom, so it has to lay on its side for charging.

Overall, I think that Coilart has done a damn fine job with this pod system. It checks almost every box that I look for in a pod and is easy one of the better ones I have tried this year.

THE OVEN TEST

If this one accidentally went into the pizza oven, would I go out and buy another? Probably not, as there will be another good pod system out in a week or two!

PROS

• Good Flavor
  • Good Airflow
  • Adjustable Airflow
  • 4-stage battery indication
  • 3-level power output
  • Love the look and feel of if
  • Top notch battery life (lasted 2 full workdays and 3 refills)

CONS

• Only comes with 1 pod in the box
  • USB on bottom
  • Super snug pods
  • AFC ring is smooth, and should have some sort of texture or hashes on it

Thank you all for reading this review and thank you to Coilart for sending this my way for review. I am seeing these online for about $20-30 and about $7-8 for a 2-pack of pods.

Pizza Dave – Delivering real reviews, with no extra toppings

REVIEW CRITERIA: I use each item for about two weeks to ensure I have collected enough data to adequately write a review. I use the same e liquid in tanks or rdas throughout all my reviews to ensure that I am comparing apples to apples between all modern equipment. I do not post reviews until I feel confident that I have used it enough to give an educated review. The reason I started doing reviews was due to poor purchasing decisions in my vaping infancy about two years ago. Back then, I purchased several different pieces of hardware without really enjoying it and I hope my reviews can guide people into spending their hard-earned money more wisely than I did! ****Keep in mind that some items I receive may be pre-release and not in retail packaging. Quality may be less than the finished product and what is in the package may differ from the retail package as well.

VU Sponsors