Become a Patron!

Pizza Dave Delivers - A Pod System Review - The Golden Ratio by Onevapetech

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

INTRODUCTION

Hello everyone, Pizza Dave here, delivering you a review of the Golden Ratio by Onevapetech. This is this company’s latest device, but it has been out for quite a while. This is a rather unique looking pod system which has some cool features that might make it a little different than others out there. Let’s get right to it eh?

DISCLAIMER: This device and liquid was sent to me by Onevapetech for review.

WHAT YOU GET

• 1 Golden Ratio Device
  • 1 2mL Pod
  • 1 1.3-ohm Coil
  • 1 .6-ohm Mesh Coil
  • 1 Micro USB cable
  • Paperwork
  • D-pod and GD coils sold separately

Available in a few different colors w/ resin accents including a baby blue, tan, rainbow, and black. Seeing a few other colors listed from other sites too (couple shades of pink).

STOCK SHOT
JVtQ8WU.jpg

SAMPLE PACKAGING
hzdGWFZ.jpg

OUT OF BOX
mz6Q3nQ.jpg

DEVICE OVERVIEW

• Measurements – 94mm x 38.5mm x 14mm
  • Battery – Internal 1100mah
  • Output – 10-25w depending on which coil is inside
  • Materials – Zinc-Aluminum Alloy

FIRST IMPRESSIONS

OOOOHHHH SHINY! Yeah, that is what popped into my head right away. I was given the rainbow to test, and it sure is purdy. It also is one hell of a fingerprint magnet. Some other obvious stand outs on this is a bright ONE logo, which lights up when vaping, it has a single button, and the pod is locked into place and released similar to an Orion. Other than that, the only other standout was the heft to it. It felt super solid in hand and has a nice sturdy feel to it.

OPERATION

There isn’t a whole lot to cover here. This is a single button device which has no adjustments and is operated by that fire button. 5 clicks turn this on and off, and pressing the button makes it fire. The output is solely based on the battery level, so wattage varies from 10-25w depending on the coil and battery level. Speaking of battery level, this has a rather awful battery indication. The ONE logo lights up blue when vaping, and it goes red when it is about dead. Would have been MUCH better to have at least some middle road for me to go off of, but no dice. When it needs to be charged, plug it in, and the lights will go out when completely charged, which took roughly 1hr and 15 minutes for me.

PODS

The pods on this are a little different. They take up a large portion of the top and kind of add to the aesthetics of it. One neat feature is that they are locked into place and released with a sliding button on the side. The square shape also yields a square drip tip which is surprisingly comfortable on the lips. Refilling the pods is done via a decent sized fill port with a standard rubber plug. Hole was big enough for my bottles, with room for air to escape so filling wasn’t too messy. The coils on this are replaceable and this is done with ease. Grab on and pull, that’s it. They are held in place with O-rings, and since they are positioned to one side, the pod doesn’t have to be completely empty to change.

Air flow on these is adjustable with a little wheel looking situation on the side. Air enters the side of the pod, then flows through a chamber and becomes bottom air flow. I never had issues with leaking or gurgling with any of these, so I dig this system. For the most part, this is more of a loose MTL draw, but it has a decent range of draw with that dial. (see pics for what the heck I am talking about).

Flavor from the pods vary greatly with what coil is used. The first one I went with was the 1.3-ohm round-wire guy. Flavor was rather weak, and I had little to no enjoyment from it and quickly switched to the mesh coil. This .6-ohm mesh coil was much more enjoyable and was middle of the road for flavor from pod systems. I also liked the crackle that this coil provided. However, all of the fun was lost when I go to about 4-5mL, as it was struggling to wick, and I had hints of a burnt taste starting. So….. I binned that one and went for the new DQ .5-ohm coil. This coil uses a different pod than the others, but that is because it is essentially a dual coil setup making the coils wider. This coil really impressed me. It is one of the better tasting pods I have tried and is a much different experience than the previous two coils. 35mg salts didn’t hit me too hard with the other two coils, but this one could use 25mg or less and get away with it. However, just like the mesh before it, coil life was not good. I might have lost track, but it was shortly after my 3rd refill or so and it too was struggling to keep up and I was getting burnt flavor. Unfortunate too, as I could see myself using this quite a bit if it had decent coil life.

MISCELLANEOUS PHOTOS

IYMT4O0.jpg

6pS1s35.jpg

C6ptgxI.jpg

hcvKskv.jpg

ukb4FYF.jpg

4RKXfZL.jpg

7hJS3m8.jpg

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
HOW IT VAPES / FINAL THOUGHTS

Alright, so I pretty much said how this vapes when I talked about the pods so let’s just dive into what I think of it. Overall, it’s a decent pod device. Battery life is a plus, the design is a plus, pod locking system is a plus, and that new coil they have is a plus. Being this is a one button, no adjustment device, it is also simple to use which makes it great for someone’s first pod system. Now, what are some things I don’t like so much. The first one is definitely the lack of battery indication. I HATE when devices are just GOOD, until dead. I love it when companies show 3 or more battery stages, so when I go to grab it and go, I know it will last. With more use, I could start to feel when it was going down as an indication, and to be honest, about one pod refill is the limit to where the vapor it provides is weak enough to where I want it charged. That being said, one can use the liquid level as a battery bar to an extent (depending on liquid and which coil). The last con I have is the coil life of these pods and this is easily this devices kryptonite. I hardly used the 1.3-ohm coil because it just wasn’t enjoyable. The .6-ohm was ok, but sadly it was toast after just a couple of refills. Finally, the GD coil was damn good, but it too started to drop off way too early. Wicking was starting to be a struggle and I can see it being unvapeable by 8mL. This needs to be improved. If they can improve their wicking techniques, I would really stand behind this one with the DQ coil. Good flavor for a pod system for sure, but it just doesn’t last.

THE OVEN TEST

If this one accidentally went into the pizza oven, would I go out and buy another? Just said it, but I can see myself using this, as long as it is with the DQ coils. If they didn’t release that one, I’d say this could just burn.

PROS

• Good flavor for a pod system from the DQ coil
  • Nice, stylish design
  • Comfortable mouthpiece
  • Build quality feels solid
  • Pod locking function
  • Adjustable airflow
  • 1-button, no adjustment use
  • Clicky fire button

CONS

• Coil life is poor at best
  • Battery indication needs to be more than 2 stages
  • Rainbow finish is a fingerprint magnet

Thank you all for reading this review and thank you to Onevapetech for sending this my way for review. I am seeing these online for anywhere from $22-40. A few sites are starting to list the D-pod and DQ coils on pre-order.

Pizza Dave – Delivering real reviews, with no extra toppings

REVIEW CRITERIA: I use each item for about two weeks to ensure I have collected enough data to adequately write a review. I use the same e liquid in tanks or rdas throughout all my reviews to ensure that I am comparing apples to apples between all modern equipment. I do not post reviews until I feel confident that I have used it enough to give an educated review. The reason I started doing reviews was due to poor purchasing decisions in my vaping infancy about two years ago. Back then, I purchased several different pieces of hardware without really enjoying it and I hope my reviews can guide people into spending their hard-earned money more wisely than I did! ****Keep in mind that some items I receive may be pre-release and not in retail packaging. Quality may be less than the finished product and what is in the package may differ from the retail package as well.

VU Sponsors