Become a Patron!

Pizza Dave Delivers - A Pod System Review - The Moti One by Motivape

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
INTRODUCTION

Hello everyone and happy holidays! This is Pizza Dave, and I have got another review for you. Today I will be going over the new Moti One pod system by Motivape. I reviewed their prefilled system this summer and found it to be actually pretty dang good. The Moti One is a true pod system, with replaceable pods, rather than a pod with a replaceable coil head. It has some nice features, gorgeous finish options, and is very compact, so it shows some promise without even using it! Let’s get right to it eh?

DISCLAIMER: These devices were sent to me by Motivape for review.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

WHAT YOU GET

• 1 MOTI One battery

• 1 1.0-ohm pod

• 1 Refill bottle

• 1 Micro-USB charging cable

• Paperwork

MEASUREMENTS: 28mm x 14.4mm x 66.8mm
BATTERY: Built-in 350mah
CAPACITY: 1.85mL
OUTPUT: 12.5w
CHARGING CURRENT: .3A
Available in black iron (gunmetal), blue, forest (green/black fade), rose (pink/red fade), sunrise (red/orange fade), and silver.

STOCK SHOT
exihBsc.jpg

PACKAGING
spGGVyo.jpg

UNBOXED
S10cbMh.jpg

_____________________________________________________________________________________

FIRST IMPRESSIONS

Tiny, nice looking little guys! Yep, that’s what popped in my head. I did the compact size of these pod systems and each of the 3 paint schemes I received look great. I opted to use the iron black model, which is like a brushed gunmetal and it looks top notch. These are one of my nicest looking pod systems I have had my hands on this year, so let’s see how they work!

OPERATION

This device is not too complicated to operate. Five clicks of the small button on the front will turn the device on and off. They claim that the output is adjustable, but for the life of me, I couldn’t get it do anything other than light up white. The book says the output is adjustable, but then doesn’t even tell the user how? All I can see is that the LED is solid white when battery is good, and it blinks when it is low. That’s about it. When it blinks, toss it on the charger and wait until the LED goes out.

Easy to operate, but the manual is short and has confusing remarks about adjustability that isn’t there.

PODS

The pods for the Motivape are actual pods. This is no an AIO, so when the coil is shot, a new pod is needed. These hold 1.85mL of liquid and are filled on the bottom through a push to fill system like we have seen some other companies use as well. The pods also feature ceramic heating elements instead of a traditional coil, so if ceramic is not your thing, you will want to avoid this pod system. Worth noting with this device is that the pods are held in place magnetically, but not held in place that well. They wiggle when in place and are removed with low effort.

PHOTO GALLERY

kHgiK4s.jpg

ceX915E.jpg

DZxchbK.jpg

HOW IT VAPES

The Moti One pod system is a compact, simple device, which has some nice features that I spoke about above. I found during use that the flavor of this is on par with many pod systems on the market, and works well for the most part. It took a full pod, maybe a little more, for the ceramic to be wicking well and providing the best flavor, but once it got to that point I had a consistent vape every time. I found that I got a solid 10 refills out of the pods before they started to taste off, which is pretty good for something so small. The vape temperature is warm at first, but does taper off as the battery becomes depleted, offering an early warning sign that the battery is getting low, which brings up one of my cons…. No multi-stage battery LED. It just has a white like when running, then a blinking white light saying it needs a charge. I found that this came about when the liquid level was typically around 30% or so, which isn’t that great. I couldn’t get through a full day at work without a recharge, and that’s a con to me. The .3A charging is OK, as the 350mah battery is charged up in roughly 50 minutes or so. Another con I have with this is the pod magnets. It is not secure, and moves about when in place. It also pulls out too easy and if you grab the pod when this is in your pocket, it will pop right off. The last con is leaking. I never had it leak bad, but I had a good puddle of liquid under the pod at all times. This tells me that it could turn into a problem, or even render the device useless if it gets into the battery or airflow switch. The device itself isn’t terrible, but I really struggled to want to use it. There are some great pod systems and AIOs out there that blow this away, making it one I didn’t care for all that much. It would be fine if something absolutely wanted a tiny vaping device that works in a pinch, but the main issue with it is battery size. If a version two comes out, it should have a larger battery, multistage battery level LED, more secure pods, and fix the leaking issues. If they can do that, it would be worth it. In its current state, I can’t give this a positive rating.

OVEN TEST – If this were to accidentally fall into the pizza oven, would I go out and get another? No, let it burn.

PROS

• Compact size
  • Nice colors and finishes
  • ON/OFF button
  • Draw activated fire worked every time

CONS

• Single stage battery indication
  • Battery doesn’t last all day
  • Pods are loosely held in by magnets
  • Pods leak at the base

Thank you everyone and thank you to Motivape for sending these my way! I am seeing these online for just under $30.

Pizza Dave – delivering real reviews with no extra toppings

REVIEW CRITERIA: I use each item for about two weeks to ensure I have collected enough data to adequately write a review. I use the same e liquid in tanks or rdas throughout all my reviews to ensure that I am comparing apples to apples between all modern equipment. I do not post reviews until I feel confident that I have used it enough to give an educated review. The reason I started doing reviews was due to poor purchasing decisions in my vaping infancy about two years ago. Back then, I purchased several different pieces of hardware without really enjoying it and I hope my reviews can guide people into spending their hard-earned money more wisely than I did! ****Keep in mind that some items I receive may be pre-release and not in retail packaging. Quality may be less than the finished product and what is in the package may differ from the retail package as well.

VU Sponsors