Become a Patron!

Pizza Dave Delivers - A Pod System Review - The OSMALL by Vaporesso

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
INTRODUCTION

Hello everyone and welcome to another review. This is Pizza Dave and today I will be going over the OSMALL by Vaporesso. Vaporesso looked at this and said, “Oh, this is small.” And just shortened it and we have the OSMALL. Ok, terribly joke time over. This device is a traditional pod system, with no buttons, no frills, and no replaceable coils. It features a 350mah battery, 2ml refillable pod, and is designed for higher nicotine liquids. Super simple, super easy, and this will be a 5 minute read. Let’s get right to it eh?

DISCLAIMER: This device was sent to me by Vaporesso for review.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

WHAT YOU GET
  • 1 Vaporesso OSMALL 350mah device

• 1 1.2-ohm 2ml pod

• 1 Micro USB charging cable

• Paperwork

Available in black, dark blue, dark red, silver, red, gold, purple, and blue.

STOCK SHOT
Qbfqk3R.jpg

PACKAGING
7mNLHfw.jpg

UNBOXED
k0cl62f.jpg

_____________________________________________________________________________________

SPECIFICATIONS

Measurements: 84.2mm x 26.5mm x 13.4mm
Battery: 350mah
Power Range: 11w
Capacity: 2ml
Other features: White indicator light, micro usb port

TESTING DETAILS

Timeline: Used on and off for two weeks
End of life: Pods lasted roughly 20ml
Liquid used: 50/50 Graham Slam at 35mg

FIRST IMPRESSIONS

Basic, kind of boring, and straight to the point. This device has no frills. It is small, has some etched diagonal patterns on the sides, and is lightweight. It is almost as small as disposable pod devices, but retains the ability to be refilled and recharged. When first handling I had no excitement. It didn’t thrill me to the least. It is very basic, but I think that is their goal with it.

OPERATION

Like I said before, this is a no frills, simple device. You charge it up, you use it til it dies, and you charge again. This is a draw-fired device, so simply suck on the thing and it fires. When drawing, a tiny white LED lights up on the device. When the battery is low, it flashes at you, and you charge it. It takes less than an hour to charge, (closer to a half hour actually), and you are back vaping again.

I really wish they would have had the ability to at least give you a couple of flashes along the way so you kind of know when the end is near. Sure, the vapor production drops off and you kind of “know” after you use it for a while, but it goes from good to dead, and then it needs charging. What I did find is that the battery lasts for about half a pod with the 50/50 liquid I was using, so used that as a battery gauge.

The pods on this device are straightforward as well. They have a rubber plug/flapper for refilling and the fill port is decently sized for such a small pod. FIll it up, and you are set for about two days of vaping, or at least that was the case for me.

PHOTO GALLERY

S6vuWW2.jpg

kuFHona.jpg

r5wlAz9.jpg

GaruO8x.jpg

HOW IT VAPES / FINAL THOUGHTS

Alright, so let’s vape the thing. The first thing I noticed with the OSMALL was the size, and how lightweight it was. It is super pocket friendly and makes for a great, portable device. When it comes to how this vapes, it actually vapes damn good for what it is. This is the closest thing to a Juul like draw that I can recall in a refillable pod system. It has a restricted MTL draw, that is non-adjustable, but right where I would want it with a device like this. The airflow is smooth, and actually builds up a decent amount of warmth. If you place your tongue in front of the inlet, you will get noticeable warmth coming past, and it led to solid flavor from the Golden Grahams (Graham Slam) liquid I was testing in it. The draw-activated fire switch worked every single time, and I could always count on this thing working, as long as it was full and was charged. I did get some minor leaking at the base of the pod around its time of death, which was roughly 10 refills, maybe more as I lost count. One of my only complaints with the OSMALL is the battery size, combined with a lack of battery level indication. I had really no idea when it was going to run out, other than gauging it off about 1ml per battery charge (half pod capacity). Using this as my sole device at work, I needed a charge at about ⅔ of my day, but thankfully it takes just a little over a half hour and it is rocking again. All in all, the device does what I believe they intended it to do. It provides one of the closest vaping experiences to a Jull type device that I have found and would be a nice option for someone to get started vaping. It isn’t overly complicated, it is super compact, and has decent flavor and airflow too boot. One thing I don’t often talk about is price, but at under $15, it is cheap enough to buy it just to try it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OVEN TEST – If this were to accidentally fall into the pizza oven, would I go out and get another? I don’t have any reason for something like this right now, but can see it being great for a beginner or someone looking to ditch a Juul.

PROS
  • Good Flavor

• Compact Size

• Simple Operation

• 2mL capacity lasts over a day

• Smooth, restricted MTL draw

• Draw-activated fire switch worked every time

• Low price of $12-15

CONS
  • No battery indication other than good or dead

• Minor leaking when pod was close to dead

• Kind of boring to look at

• Feels about as cheap as a disposable

Thank you everyone and thank you to Vaporesso for sending this my way for review. If you are interested in one of these, they are selling for less than $15 right from Vaporesso. Tough to complain about there!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Pizza Dave – delivering real reviews with no extra toppings

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

REVIEW CRITERIA: I use each item for about two weeks to ensure I have collected enough data to adequately write a review. I use the same e liquid in tanks or rdas throughout all my reviews to ensure that I am comparing apples to apples between all modern equipment. I do not post reviews until I feel confident that I have used it enough to give an educated review. The reason I started doing reviews was due to poor purchasing decisions in my vaping infancy about two years ago. Back then, I purchased several different pieces of hardware without really enjoying it and I hope my reviews can guide people into spending their hard-earned money more wisely than I did! ****Keep in mind that some items I receive may be pre-release and not in retail packaging. Quality may be less than the finished product and what is in the package may differ from the retail package as well.

VU Sponsors