Become a Patron!

Pizza Dave Delivers - A Pod System Review - The Pal 2 by Artery Vapor

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
INTRODUCTION

Hello everyone, and welcome to Pizza Dave’s Vape Reviews and today I will be going over the Pal 2 by Artery. Yes, the Pal 2. A device that has been out so long I questioned if I should even review it. In fact, the only reason I chose to do this review was because I was a huge fan of the original Pal. With its Billet Box ® like appearance, use of some solid coils, and an overall great experience, the Pal 1 was one of my favorite devices of last year. Going in with high hopes on this one, I present to you, my take on the Pal 2 by Artery and Tony B.

DISCLAIMER: This device was sent to me by Buybest for review.

WHAT YOU GET

• 1 Artery Pal II device
  • 1 3ml Pod
  • 1 .6-ohm mesh coil
  • 1 1-ohm round wire coil
  • 1 USB cable
  • Spare O-rings
  • Paperwork

Available in all sorts of colors including black, gun metal, red, purple, rainbow, blue, gold, tiffany blue, and gold.

STOCK SHOT
VoSFUxI.jpg

PACKAGING
nu7eaEl.jpg

OUT OF BOX
uzBkuPd.jpg

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

The Pal 2 is an all in one vaping devices brought to you by Artery and Tony B. It has a ton of differences that separate it from the Pal version 1. The outside is now made of a solid metal body with no cheap stickers. The drip tip is now a rectangular shape, which is actually quite comfortable and it still offers a well placed side fire button for a good overall feel. One the door comes off, the big difference start to shine. This device now features a full pod section which all can come out and be replaced, where the original had a liquid chamber similar to a Billet Box. There is a small refill flapper instead of a sliding glass door and the pods now take BVC coil heads instead of the Nautilus style that was on the Pal V1. Many changes were made, so let’s see if they are improvements.

OPERATION AND USE

This is a basic starter in every sense. It is turned on and off by 5 clicks of the fire button. The 1000mah battery is internal and is charged via USB. It also has an LED indication for battery and fault status. Battery indications are tough to see with a tiny LED, but they are as follows.

PODS

This is kind of an odd system. It is kind of a pod system, but kind of an all-in-one system with replaceable coils. Once the side door is removed, the entire pod is exposed and this 2ml pod is refilled via a rubber plug like we see on many pod systems. It isn’t a massive opening, and you will more than likely get liquid on your fingers when trying to get it back into position. At the base of the pod, there is an air flow ring which controls air, but also holds it all together. Unscrewing this ring will allow the coil to pop right out for a simple change. I like the fact that coils can be changed, but I don’t like the choice of coil they went with. The Pal 1 could be used with some other options, including Nautilus coils, where these are the BVC style coils. I have never liked BVC coils, as their life and flavor is meh.

PHOTO GALLERY

nnKgNr6.jpg

75pASVc.jpg

HOW IT VAPES / FINAL THOUGHTS

Well, this is what it all comes down to. Do I like this as much as I loved the Pal 1? Sadly….no. Not even close actually. Out of the box, I felt like they might have had a hit on their hands. I like the styling of the device more than the Pal 1, and it feels great in hand. This is tiny, and perfect for carrying around in a bag or pocket as well. The build quality feels decent for a cheaper device like this, and it comes in some really great colors also. However, my excitement started to dwindle right from the first fill. I don’t like the pod design within the mod. It seems plopped in there and looks just…. Weird. I loved the knockoff billet box styling of the Pal 1, and this lost me with this pod in there. The refill port is also horrible, as many users will go with nic salts, and be delighted to get a coating of that on the fingers during every refill. Another con I had was coil life. I only got a few refills from each style of coil and I opted to go with less sweet liquid on the 2nd one to see if it was the liquids fault on the first. It ended up tasting nasty after just 4 refills. I think that Artery took a big step back with this, as the Pal was one of my favorite AIO devices of last year. I hope I get to test a Pal Pro, as it seems to be a perfect upgrade from the Pal, where this device can be easily forgotten.

OVEN TEST

If this were accidentally fall into the pizza oven, would I go get another? No. I hardly ever will give a yes answer to these type of devices. A new, revised, better option comes out monthly.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PROS

• Nice color selections
  • Compact and portable
  • Adjustable airflow

---------------------------------

CONS

• Refill port is small and messy
  • Coil life was horrid
  • Flavor is rather meh

Thank you all for reading and thank you to Buybest for sending this my way for review. I am seeing this online for roughly $30.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Pizza Dave – Delivering real reviews, with no extra toppings

REVIEW CRITERIA: I use each item for about two weeks to ensure I have collected enough data to adequately write a review. I use the same e liquid in tanks or rdas throughout all my reviews to ensure that I am comparing apples to apples between all modern equipment. I do not post reviews until I feel confident that I have used it enough to give an educated review. The reason I started doing reviews was due to poor purchasing decisions in my vaping infancy about two years ago. Back then, I purchased several different pieces of hardware without really enjoying it and I hope my reviews can guide people into spending their hard-earned money more wisely than I did! ****Keep in mind that some items I receive may be pre-release and not in retail packaging. Quality may be less than the finished product and what is in the package may differ from the retail package as well.

VU Sponsors