Become a Patron!

Pizza Dave Delivers - A Pod System Review - The Peaks by Dovpo

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

INTRODUCTION

Hello everyone, Pizza Dave here, delivering you a review of the Peaks pod system/AIO by Dovpo. The Peaks is a “zippo lighter” style device, featuring a 650mah battery, top fill, and adjustable output. I am going to try and keep this one short, so let’s get right to it eh?

DISCLAIMER: This device and liquid was sent to me by Dovpo for review.

WHAT YOU GET

• 1 Dovpo Peaks device
  • 1 2ml pod
  • 1 .8-ohm mesh coil
  • 1 1.4-ohm ceramic coil
  • 1 USB-C charging cable
  • 1 Lanyard (which is also detachable)
  • Paperwork

Available different graphite designs which they call Pixiu, Princess, Feather, and Lion.

STOCK SHOT
cAChfyx.jpg

SAMPLE PACKAGING
7cVkuyi.jpg

OUT OF BOX
ldwXDFM.jpg

MISC. INFORMATION
  • Measurements – 89.8mm x 39mm x 18.4mm
  • Battery – 650mA
  • Materials – Zinc-Alloy
  • Capacity – 2.0mL
  • Other features – USB-C charging and adjustable output modes

FIRST IMPRESSIONS

Out of the box, I loved how this feels. The sheeny metallic body feels excellent in hand, and the flipping mechanism on top feels solid. I found myself fidgeting with that top a top, and I like having the tip covered for pocket carrying. Under that top, you will find a top fill cap and a comfortable proprietary drip tip. Back to that metallic body for a minute. It is SOLID. It has a hefty feel that looks built to handle some abuse.

OPERATION

This pod system has a few extra bells and whistles than a basic pod system. It is draw activated, but also has one button. This button not only turns the device on and off, but it also adjusts the output. Like many devices, five clicks of the fire button will turn it on and off. Click the fire button three times and the led will flash. Press again and it will change color between green or amber.

• Green – Flavor mode (lower power)
  • Amber – Cloud mode (higher power)

Pressing the fire button one time will illuminate the LED to indicate the battery level.

• Green – top third of battery (>3.8v)
  • Amber – middle third of battery (<3.8v)
  • Red – lower third of battery (<3.5v)

The LED also lights up when drawing on the device, indicating which power setting it is on.

PODS

This is considered a pod system, but I would call it more of an AIO. This uses replaceable coils which pull right out of the bottom of the pod. There is a .8-ohm mesh and a 1.4-ohm ceramic coil. The pods hold 2ml of capacity and are refilled with a top fill port that unscrews and is removed during refills.

MISCELLANEOUS PHOTOS

vznzvau.jpg

sa9rAkj.jpg

hzbZ0EB.jpg

Nl33cGq.jpg

o08lbmv.jpg

uNHhUFI.jpg

HOW IT VAPES / FINAL THOUGHTS

The last Dovpo pod system I had was the D-salt, and it featured some excellent flavor from their mesh coils. I had a lot of hope going into this after my experience there, so how did this do? The first coil I tested was the mesh. I ran this on the amber “cloud mode” for the most part and found the flavor to be damn good in the world of pods. Lots of flavor, and a decent amount of warmth to it. It has a satisfying crackle as well, which is always appreciated by me in pod systems. The second coil, the 1.8-ohm ceramic was the next one up. This too provided decent flavor, but not nearly as much as the mesh. I would say 2/3, maybe half of the flavor, but I could still taste and enjoy my liquid. There is no air flow adjustment on this device, so the coil type greatly dictates that. The mesh is more open and is almost a tight direct lung draw, while the ceramic coil is a middle of the road MTL vape. Overall use with this was decent. The draw fire worked well, but sometimes didn’t fire with the ceramic coil for some reason. I suspect it wasn’t getting enough air flow, but at times it worked just fine? Battery life, even at 650mah lasted me all day long, as did the 2ml capacity. Their top fill is a nice size, so I have no gripes there at all. I don’t have a lot of gripes with this, but there are a few. First off, even though the top fill has a nice opening, the cap is kind of small. Those with large fingers or arthritis might not like removal and replacement of the cap. The second con was the few failures I had with the ceramic coil firing. Mine is basically new, and this could be bad over time. The last con is with the finishes. I don’t have an issue with the designs at all, but with minor use, I see some scratches showing up here and there. I might throw in an honorable mention for a PRO/CON. They made the bottom flat, so it can stand up, but not very well. I tipped it over a fair amount. All in all, this isn’t a bad device by any means, but there isn’t a lot other than the zippo design that sets it apart from other pod systems. It checks a lot of boxes in the pros column, but the cons could be deal breakers for some. This is the best of the “zippo style” pod systems I have tried, but there are just a few out there.

THE OVEN TEST

If this one accidentally went into the pizza oven, would I go out and buy another? I would pass on this one.

PROS

• Good Flavor
  • Solid body
  • Top fill
  • Adjustable output
  • Nice liquid viewing window
  • Coils are easy to change
  • Pods are held securely in place with magnets

CONS

• Finish durability could be a problem
  • Doesn’t stand up well and tips over easily (at least it can be stood up thought)
  • Auto draw didn’t work consistently with the ceramic coil
  • Small refill cap

Thank you all for reading this review and thank you to Dovpo for review. I am seeing this online for roughly $35-40.

Pizza Dave – Delivering real reviews, with no extra toppings

REVIEW CRITERIA: I use each item for about two weeks to ensure I have collected enough data to adequately write a review. I use the same e liquid in tanks or rdas throughout all my reviews to ensure that I am comparing apples to apples between all modern equipment. I do not post reviews until I feel confident that I have used it enough to give an educated review. The reason I started doing reviews was due to poor purchasing decisions in my vaping infancy about two years ago. Back then, I purchased several different pieces of hardware without really enjoying it and I hope my reviews can guide people into spending their hard-earned money more wisely than I did! ****Keep in mind that some items I receive may be pre-release and not in retail packaging. Quality may be less than the finished product and what is in the package may differ from the retail package as well.

VU Sponsors