Become a Patron!

Pizza Dave Delivers - A Pod System Review - The Podstick by Vaporesso

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

INTRODUCTION

Hello everyone, Pizza Dave here, delivering you a review of the Podstick by Vaporesso. So, is this a pod, or is it a stick? This device has an identity crisis that I will settle right here. This is a pod system, shaped like a stick. No, not to be confused with something like the Cascade by Vaporesso. This is a pod system through and through, but that isn’t necessarily a bad thing. This promises to provide both MTL and DL vaping all from one device, so in that sense it is a bit stick-like, all while being a pod system. I will go over all of my thoughts as usual, and if this is a little bit TLDR, you can skip to the bottom for my pros and cons. Let’s get right to it eh?

DISCLAIMER: This device and liquid was sent to me by Vaporesso for review.

WHAT YOU GET

• 1 900mah Vaporesso Podstick Device
  • 1 1.3-ohm CCELL coil (MTL)
  • 1 .6-ohm mesh coil (DL)
  • 1 Micro USB charging cable
  • Refill bottle
  • Paperwork

STOCK SHOT
K6m02EO.jpg

SAMPLE PACKAGING
kuwb0uV.jpg

OUT OF BOX
PXbN51y.jpg

FIRST IMPRESSIONS

Out of the gate, I had no desire to really review this product. I have been bombarded with so many pod system reviews, that they are starting to wear me out. However, once I started to actually handle this thing, I found several items that warrant some praise. First off, it looks sleek, even with gold accents. If you have read my reviews before, I always found gold to be a bit tacky, but on here, it works well and makes this look rather elegant. Beyond how this looks, there are other features I found as I played around. One of these being their push to fill refill method like they had on the Zero pod system. Another thing I came across was the 5 LED battery indication, which is also great. The last thing I found that is great is multi-level output. I find this especially thoughtful when we are talking about two pods offering a different vape experience.

OPERATION

Vaporesso kept it simple, like most pods on the market. 5 clicks of the fire button will turn the device on and off. The only other bit from an operation standpoint is the output. Pressing the fire button three times will cycle these modes.

• GREEN – high
  • BLUE – medium
  • RED – low

These outputs are stated in low, medium, and high, because their output is contingent on the pod inserted. With the .6-ohm coil output at 17, 20, and 22w respectively. With the 1.3-ohm coil the output is 9, 10.5, and 12.5w.

Beyond the basics here are the battery charging and the level indication. The battery indication, as I stated previously has 5 LEDs. I love having a little more of an idea where the battery is at, so this is a bonus.

• 1 LED – 0-20%
  • 2 LEDs – 20-40%
  • 3 LEDs – 40-60%
  • 4 LEDs – 60-80%
  • 5 LEDs – 80-100%

When you finally do get down to a low battery, charging is 1A, which means this gets topped off in a little over one hour.

PODS

The Podstick is toted as “the best of both worlds”. Meaning it can do MTL and DL vaping. To achieve this, the device has two different pod options which offer their own set amount of air flow. The 1.2-ohm coil is made for MTL, and MTL it is. I found it to be one of the tighter pod systems out there with this coil installed. The CCELL coil is ceramic, which may be a turn off for some, but it works well in this application. To give you that direct lung vape, they also have a .6-ohm mesh coil. This coil has a very loose MTL or tight DL draw. I found myself half hitting it as direct lung at times, but also MTL. It isn’t as open as larger sub-ohm tanks or rebuildables, but it is quite open for a pod. When I vaped these, the CCELL was used on the middle output setting, but I bumped the mesh coil up to the highest output. The vape from them isn’t super warm, but they hold their own and work well for a long time.

Both of the pods have a sliding top cap which exposes a push-to-fill plug just like we saw on a few previous pod systems form Vaporesso. I found the sliding portion of it to get a little messy at times, as it skims some liquid to the edge, but overall, I like this refill system.

MISCELLANEOUS PHOTOS

Decent manual
dRLSlM6.jpg

Refill Port
EnW4obi.jpg

Hand Check
XGXbEPV.jpg

Stand Alone
hAUxTBK.jpg

HOW IT VAPES / FINAL THOUGHTS

This section is rather easy for me to fill in. I found that the MTL coil was a solid MTL option amongst pods. It is a tighter draw, which I enjoyed with 24mg nic salts. The flavor came alive after about half a pod, and it has kept on kicking after 10+ refills. I switched over the DL coil after the first week of testing and found that it too provides an enjoyable vape. I chose to go with 6mg freebase liquid in this one, and I am glad I did. It still provided a nice throat hit, but the salts I used in the MTL pod would have been too strong. Like I said above, I rocked the CCELL coil on the blue, 10.5w setting and the mesh coil on green, or 12.5w. Both of them provide a vape that isn’t super warm. The warmest vape you will get is the CCELL coil on the green setting, but it is still not warm to me. Flavor from both of these are great in my opinion and they have solid life. I was able to get 2 workdays in with the mesh coil at the highest setting and three days with the CCELL coil on the middle setting. I loved having the 5-stage battery indication, as I always knew about where I was at all times and knew if I could leave the house with it or be getting battery anxiety shortly out of the door. I am also a fan of the overall design of the device. It is lightweight, compact, and looks elegant. This is one of the better pod systems I have reviewed lately overall and would be something I would recommend for sure.

THE OVEN TEST

If this one accidentally went into the pizza oven, would I go out and buy another? This is one where I may actually keep buying pods for and keep on using.

PROS

• Good flavor
  • Good pod lift
  • DL and MTL vaping
  • Variable output
  • 5-stage battery indication
  • Charges in one hour
  • PTF method works well

CONS

• Pod availability locally will be scarce (for me at least)
  • PTF method got a little messy with the slider over the top skimming liquid to the side (can be avoided if you refill with more care than I did)
  • Non-adjustable airflow
  • Not a super warm vape

Thank you all for reading this review and thank you to Vaporesso for providing this for review. I am seeing these listed online for about $25. I am seeing these on pre-order almost everywhere, and these are listed to release in a couple of weeks. Since I often do reviews for Heavengifts, here is a shameless plug to them. Click HERE to pre-order this device today.

Pizza Dave – Delivering real reviews, with no extra toppings

REVIEW CRITERIA: I use each item for about two weeks to ensure I have collected enough data to adequately write a review. I use the same e liquid in tanks or rdas throughout all my reviews to ensure that I am comparing apples to apples between all modern equipment. I do not post reviews until I feel confident that I have used it enough to give an educated review. The reason I started doing reviews was due to poor purchasing decisions in my vaping infancy about two years ago. Back then, I purchased several different pieces of hardware without really enjoying it and I hope my reviews can guide people into spending their hard-earned money more wisely than I did! ****Keep in mind that some items I receive may be pre-release and not in retail packaging. Quality may be less than the finished product and what is in the package may differ from the retail package as well.

VU Sponsors