Become a Patron!

Pizza Dave Delivers - A Pod System Review - The Vega by Phiness

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

INTRODUCTION

Hello everyone, Pizza Dave here, delivering you a review of the Vega pod system by Phiness. Phiness is a subsidiary of Vandy Vape, and it sounds like their main goal is to provide pod systems and other starter kits to the market. This device is one of the smallest to hit the market. It houses a 250mah battery, runs at 15w, uses 1ml pods, has resin side panels, comes with a chain lanyard, and is inhale fired. This is a small device, so this will be a small review. Not much to go over here, but let’s get right to it.

DISCLAIMER: This device and liquid was sent to me by Vandy Vape for review.

WHAT YOU GET

• 1 Vega 250mah battery
  • 1 1ml pod
  • 1 Chain-style lanyard
  • 1 Micro-usb charging cable

Available in 12 different colors including zircon green, volcano orange, pinecone green, coral red, crystal purple, rock grey, peacock green, gem blue, black carbon fiber, black leather, python green, and diamond black……. Yeah, lots of options.

STOCK SHOT
wNFKb4r.jpg

SAMPLE PACKAGING
oJiFWDn.jpg

OUT OF BOX
7H1R8H5.jpg

OPERATION

The Phiness Vega is just about as easy as it gets. I received mine in retail packaging, but I never received a manual, so everything I say is based on use and what I observed. There are no buttons on this system, so all you have to do is charge it, fill it, vape it. Charging the Vega takes little time, thanks to the tiny 250mah battery. When charging, the LED indicator will be lit up red, and will eventually shut off when it is fully charged. When vaping the Vega, the LED indicator serves as a battery indication. When it is purple, it is running in the upper range of power. Mid-range is blue. And you guessed it, red is a low battery. Once it gets to red, it is time to charge.

PODS

The Vega comes with some tiny little Juul-like 1ml pods. They are held in the battery via magnets and held quite snug. To refill the pods, the end of the pod, or mouthpiece, slides right off. When pulling the pods out, sometimes the mouthpiece comes off a bit easier than pulling the pods, so you must watch for that. Once the mouthpiece is off, it will reveal two fill holes. These are very small, but at least it is designed to release air during the refill which saves some headache. The pods are so small, I found myself sucking liquid out when I released pressure out of the bottle, but for the most part it fills cleanly and with ease. With just 1ml of liquid, I found myself refilling a couple of times a day to get through.

MISCELLANEOUS PHOTOS

0KjCY1v.jpg

GcYOC6m.jpg

Next to Geekvape Frenzy
SjsWQ1G.jpg

TRS8ucM.jpg

HOW IT VAPES / FINAL THOUGHTS

Alright, so what is it like to vape this tiny thing? Surprisingly, I found it to be satisfying. I ran mine with 35mg, 50/50 nic salts, and I had little problems along the way. The vapor production and flavor I get is middle of the road for pod systems, which I think is a pro for a device this tiny. One thing that surprised me was the battery life. I was able to get through a full workday on a charged battery and never had to recharge throughout the day. It just barely got there, but it got there. The pods are a bit on the small side, so I found myself refilling at least once part way through the day, sometimes a 2nd refill for the drive home. The LED indication for battery is OK, but without a manual I didn’t know exactly what it was telling me. The LED stays on long enough after draw to get a look at the color, so at least one knows at about where the battery is at. The draw on the Vega is about right for me. It is a nice, smooth MTL draw, and the auto-draw firing worked right every time with no misfires or auto fires. Pod life doesn’t seem too terrible for something this size either. I refilled mine about a dozen times, which was good enough for about a solid week of work and it has just a little more life left. This was with liquid that isn’t super sweet and is 50/50, so other results may not be as good. Overall, there weren’t a ton of bad things I found with this little thing. One might be some leaking at the base of the pods. It seemed to be a little more than I am used to seeing in pod systems these days. Another con might be that I did not receive a manual, which is not good for a beginner. The last con is that the pods are so tiny, refilling took a few tries to get just right. I would get it full, and then release my bottle and suck liquid back up into the bottle. I found that sticking my finger over the air hole would stop this, but then I got liquid on my finger, sooooo…not the best thing out there. At the end of the day, I think this is a nice little device for someone looking for one of the smallest devices on the market.

THE OVEN TEST

If this one accidentally went into the pizza oven, would I go out and buy another? I don’t say yes to pod systems often. I would let this one burn, but that’s pod life……

PROS
  • Good flavor
  • Compact size
  • Nice color options
  • Smooth air flow
  • Nice pod crackle
  • Inhale firing switch works well

CONS

• Did not see a manual in the box – not good for a beginner, but it is easy enough to figure out
  • Seeping at the base of the pods
  • Refilling is kind of finicky with some bottles

Thank you all for reading this review and thank you to Vandy Vape for sending this my way for review. I am seeing the Vega online for about $18.

Pizza Dave – Delivering real reviews, with no extra toppings

REVIEW CRITERIA: I use each item for about two weeks to ensure I have collected enough data to adequately write a review. I use the same e liquid in tanks or rdas throughout all my reviews to ensure that I am comparing apples to apples between all modern equipment. I do not post reviews until I feel confident that I have used it enough to give an educated review. The reason I started doing reviews was due to poor purchasing decisions in my vaping infancy about two years ago. Back then, I purchased several different pieces of hardware without really enjoying it and I hope my reviews can guide people into spending their hard-earned money more wisely than I did! ****Keep in mind that some items I receive may be pre-release and not in retail packaging. Quality may be less than the finished product and what is in the package may differ from the retail package as well.

VU Sponsors